: Problems!!

Mr. Samuel
08-25-06, 11:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

I bought a 2000 Catera last month with 80k on it. It's been having a few problems, so I'll just list them out. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

1) Check Engine light came on last week. I have lost power in the engine, and it idles like crap. Took it to Autozone, it reads error code 411, which is an air intake issue. Air filter looks OK, any suggestions?

2) The radiator temp guage doesn't read at all. It reads cold all the time. Coolant temp and engine temp are the same (about 175 after driving 30 miles), so I think the thermostat is OK.

3) Low coolant alarm is on, although the coolant level is good. I'm using Dexcool. I read in a previous thread about a coolant level sensor. Where is this located? :confused:

Thanks again for any help. :worship:

netager
08-25-06, 05:43 PM
This (http://computersxp.com/catera/p0411.zip) will probably help with your code P0411. I can't really help with other problems, but search the forums - there are a lot of chances you'll find the answers. BTW, P0411 was discussed a lot of times here ;)

And welcome to our community :)

Mr. Samuel
08-25-06, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the info.

mcz
08-26-06, 09:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I bought a 2000 Catera last month with 80k on it. It's been having a few problems, so I'll just list them out. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

1) Check Engine light came on last week. I have lost power in the engine, and it idles like crap. Took it to Autozone, it reads error code 411, which is an air intake issue. Air filter looks OK, any suggestions?

2) The radiator temp guage doesn't read at all. It reads cold all the time. Coolant temp and engine temp are the same (about 175 after driving 30 miles), so I think the thermostat is OK.

3) Low coolant alarm is on, although the coolant level is good. I'm using Dexcool. I read in a previous thread about a coolant level sensor. Where is this located? :confused:

Thanks again for any help. :worship:

The coolant level sensor in the resivor for your anti freeze. were u fill it the tank not the Rad. there is a small styraform thing in the that floats when filled with a liquid maybe that is stuck down.

Mr. Samuel
08-26-06, 10:46 PM
Thanks, I'll check that out in the morning. :)

Does anyone know if the thermostat is the input to the radiator temperature gage, or if there is another sensor in the loop that provides the signal?

Thanks, everyone, for all your help. :worship: