: Two problems...need advice, going to dealer tomorrow

CopperHead
08-24-06, 01:09 PM
05 V has only 1,500 miles on it.

1. Sometimes when I put the car in 1st after driving it...I hear grinding (ouch). Anyone else have this problem?

2. The e-brake barely holds the car in place. (isn't it suppose to self adjust?)

nikon
08-24-06, 01:30 PM
well, for #1 is your floormat bunched up underneath the clutch? are you not pushing the clutch in all the way? and #2....I wouldnt trust that brake in an emergency, so lets call it a parking brake, and mine holds just fine, I can lock up the rear wheels if I want to. Just bring it to the dealer see what they say.

Florian
08-24-06, 01:33 PM

2. The e-brake barely holds the car in place. (isn't it suppose to self adjust?)

No, the old drum brake e-brakes used to self adjust, these need to be manually re-adjusted. Take it to the dealer, theyll do it, no issue.

F

1fstkde
08-24-06, 02:16 PM

1. Sometimes when I put the car in 1st after driving it...I hear grinding (ouch). Anyone else have this problem?

mine had to be adjusted also, woulndt hold the car on a hill...

CopperHead
08-24-06, 02:40 PM
well, for #1 is your floormat bunched up underneath the clutch? are you not pushing the clutch in all the way?

Floormat is fine. Clutch is pushed in all the way...and it doesn't do it all the time.

Jschmank
08-24-06, 09:21 PM
I dont have any grinding going into first. I did just have the parking brake adjusted and it made a big difference.