: First time Cadillac owner.

Cadimallac
08-24-06, 12:35 AM
Got rid of the old clunker (2005 Audi A6 that loved the dealer service center way too much. The Dealer and the A6 had such a nice relationship going on that Audi was kind enough to buy it back from me. It had been in the shop for 25+ days straight) and picked up my Stealth Gray 1SG with the Performance Handling Pkg.

In comparison to my former ride, an A6 with the 4.2 V8, this STS has gobs of power. The power seems to be poured on from start to 100+, there doesn't appear to be a limit at which this power can be tapped. The smoothness at which this power is exerted is what makes the run up to 60 a memorable experience. My previous experience with Cadillac has been in the Deville line as that is what my father has always driven for as long back as I can remember. This STS seems to share very little in common with the Cadillacs my father has owned, and that is a good thing.

While the STS is only slightly more pudgy than my old A6, by 400lbs, there is a noticeable difference in the feel of the ride. The STS leans more towards the big car feel than did the Audi. The funny thing is, even though I am only 31 I kind of like the STS/Heavy Car ride. One thing has to be said, the STS carries its heavy weight well. This is at least partly due to the magnetic ride control that in my opinion deserves the best auto invention of the decade award.

I have already located 3 CDs at my local Music Warehouse that were available in DTS and the sound is amazing. The Bose system in the STS is comparable in sound to the Bose system in the old A6 when regular CDís are played, but there is no comparison when listening to CDs remastered into 5.1 DTS surround. I have a few audio DVDs ordered and canít wait to try those out.

After 8 hours of STS ownership, I have forgotten all that I liked about the A6.

Dr. Design
08-24-06, 06:02 PM
Hello,
Congratulations on your new purchase! The 1SG package drives much better than the rear wheel drive application. They use a different steering rack, which makes the vehicle more nimble. Welcome!

Thanks,

Got rid of the old clunker (2005 Audi A6 that loved the dealer service center way too much. The Dealer and the A6 had such a nice relationship going on that Audi was kind enough to buy it back from me. It had been in the shop for 25+ days straight) and picked up my Stealth Gray 1SG with the Performance Handling Pkg.

In comparison to my former ride, an A6 with the 4.2 V8, this STS has gobs of power. The power seems to be poured on from start to 100+, there doesn't appear to be a limit at which this power can be tapped. The smoothness at which this power is exerted is what makes the run up to 60 a memorable experience. My previous experience with Cadillac has been in the Deville line as that is what my father has always driven for as long back as I can remember. This STS seems to share very little in common with the Cadillacs my father has owned, and that is a good thing.

While the STS is only slightly more pudgy than my old A6, by 400lbs, there is a noticeable difference in the feel of the ride. The STS leans more towards the big car feel than did the Audi. The funny thing is, even though I am only 31 I kind of like the STS/Heavy Car ride. One thing has to be said, the STS carries its heavy weight well. This is at least partly due to the magnetic ride control that in my opinion deserves the best auto invention of the decade award.

I have already located 3 CDs at my local Music Warehouse that were available in DTS and the sound is amazing. The Bose system in the STS is comparable in sound to the Bose system in the old A6 when regular CDís are played, but there is no comparison when listening to CDs remastered into 5.1 DTS surround. I have a few audio DVDs ordered and canít wait to try those out.

After 8 hours of STS ownership, I have forgotten all that I liked about the A6.