: anyone here have a 402 stroker?

dvandentop
08-23-06, 11:23 PM
ok well alot of people are pointing me in the way of a 402 or the new style escalade motor which is supposed to be cheap as heck for all the parts.

just wondering if the ls6 intake works on the 402 motor and what other parts are all swappable over.

will the front cover and all acessorys still bolt up??

sorry for all the questions lately, i need to get the ball rolling though!

Florian
08-23-06, 11:32 PM
ok well alot of people are pointing me in the way of a 402 or the new style escalade motor which is supposed to be cheap as heck for all the parts.

just wondering if the ls6 intake works on the 402 motor and what other parts are all swappable over.

will the front cover and all acessorys still bolt up??

sorry for all the questions lately, i need to get the ball rolling though!

Go to LS1Tech and find all your answers....

402 is based on the LS2, not the LS6, but the 6 heads will work...but there are far too many options regarding heads. You need to step back and get the scope of your project...do you want a DD, a 1/4 miler, FI, NA, etc. I chose to go NA on my project as Im not a big fan of FI and I use my V as a DD so it needed to be docile yet beastly upon command. Also, I wanted something to get me through until the 427 stuff became affordable, so I went heads/cam (other secret goodies) to get me a bunch of HP at an affordable price (under 4K) My next move is LS7 based architecture for a true 427 next summer or the summer following.
So, what is it youre after? Get a mental pic of where you want to be, and start there. The LS6 shares many common parts. but for a 402 Stroker, youre gonna start from the bottom and forge the internals (more bux).
If youre after quick hp, toss a maggie on there and be done with it.

F

DILLIGAF
08-23-06, 11:34 PM
If I was you,If the cranks bad and the block is good.Build a stroker with what you have and spray it or blow it,forged internals.If the block and crank are both iffy,and you want out cheap,new ls6 motor 4,500 bucks.Lookin for a link.Try these guys

Crate Engines, GM Performance Parts Crate Motors, GM Motors, GM Crate Motor, New Performance Crate Engines - SDPC (http://www.sdpc2000.com/catalog/120/GM-Performance-Parts-Crate-Engines.htm)

dvandentop
08-23-06, 11:48 PM
yeah friday i am going to tear it all down some more, then i guess i can tell what i am going to do.

402 shortblock is like 4k from what i have found so far

dvandentop
08-24-06, 10:56 AM
408 here. WHat's the budget and ultimate use of vehicle?

daily driver-occasion driver, depending on if i keep my audi or not.

also maybe road race 2-3 times a year. but mostly just street duty

would like to spend under 3k if possible