: OEM RSE Installation

tekcomp
08-23-06, 10:48 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but...

Is it possible to install the OEM RSE on a 2004 SRX? Is the wiring harness installed? Do I have to reset the VIN on the system? I purchased the SRX with/out the RSE but like to install one.

TSS
08-24-06, 11:59 AM
Ok, I am ignorant. What is an RSE? Rear System Entertainment?

tekcomp
08-24-06, 04:48 PM
Yes Original Equipment Manufacturer - Rear System Entertainment

tekcomp
09-10-06, 10:19 AM
any information will be greatly appreciative

tekcomp
09-10-06, 01:19 PM
I Managed to take apart the RSE from my SRX and came to a sad realization, the wiring is not the same. I will keep you posted on my improvised installation.

resqchick
09-11-06, 02:50 PM
I just bought an 05 SRX that didn't have the RSE...to be honest, when I saw what it looked like and where it was located, I wasn't very impressed. In fact the first thought that went thru my mind was watching my 4yr old throw a temper tantrum and kick out the screen...no thanks. The dealer said they had the DVD system that came in the driver/passenger headrests instead. I chose this option not only for location but also because each headrest has it's own player (2 people watching 2 different things/playing games, etc.) It looks very nice, comes with neoprene covers, wireless headsets and remotes. I'm very happy with it - not sure what cost would be though...I negotiated it into price of car.

oh - also, they gave me the original headrests back in case I ever needed them.