: Satellite Radio

Lanne Slaughter
08-23-06, 07:04 AM
I just acquired a 2005 STS standard, which is supposed to have satellite radio. I can't find the xm band to get the access the code for activation. I've looked in all the obvious places. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

c5 rv
08-23-06, 08:42 AM
Welcome! I just had to re-activate the XM on my SRX after the intro offer expired. When I stepped through the bands, the XM preview came up and I hit the down channel button to get to channel zero that displayed the radio number. I had to hit the channel button a number of times to re-display the radio number because it disappeared too soon.

If you XM preview does not play, I can think of three reasons:

- Something is broken, see the dealer
- Possibly the radio "times out" and disables XM if you don't renew for some amount of time. Again, see the dealer.
- Did Cadillac offer an XM delete option in 05 for the STS? Other models had that option for a credit. You should have a build sticker somewhere in the car that lists all the options. I would assume that if XM delete was an available option, it would be listed on the sticker if not installed.

Good luck. I will spare you my current rant about XM's billing system.

ATX_XLR
08-27-06, 11:31 AM
The XM Delete option was offered in 2005. So it is possible that it was deleted.

jgrade
08-28-06, 09:22 AM
Do yourself a favor and get Sirius. XM sucks (IMHO). I have found nothing of interest on XM. If I was not in a lease I would give you my module. Seriously, check into Sirius before proceeding with XM.:thumbsup:

Wiseguy2
08-28-06, 01:19 PM
Do yourself a favor and get Sirius. XM sucks (IMHO). I have found nothing of interest on XM. If I was not in a lease I would give you my module. Seriously, check into Sirius before proceeding with XM.:thumbsup:

Yep! I have Sirius in my cars.. ordered the module for the Caddy and I'm ripping XM out. I love BBC Radio 1.