: New V owner

Slaigher
08-22-06, 09:15 PM
First, let me start off by giving a big thanks to everyone who posts usefull info to this site. It has all helped tremendously the last few weeks.
I bought a fully loaded Garnet Red CTS in 2003, then sometime in 2004 started lusting after a V. Last week I did the deed and now am the proud owner of 2 Caddys. The V is Stealth Gray. Might start looking for a house with a garage now, but what the heck, I bought em to drive year round anyways...
Mod fever hit me 2 blocks out of the dealer lot, so I went and ordered BB exhaust/headers, CAI, UUC shifter, and a Maggie. Got to troll for things I`ve missed, any thoughts out there? I am thinking of the track, but have never been on one, so lot`s of time to go that direction.
I plan on dynoing(?) the car before and after the mods to see what`s up. Apparently there`s a shop that has a speed wiz somewhere in town that can tune it up for me. I am not a do-it-yourselfer, so am prepared for a few bills to come my way.
Anyways, I took the V on a little road trip, and have NEVER had so much fun in a car in my life. I am really looking forward to the next few years.
Thanks again to all you posters out there, I know I can search for info, and will again and again, but any stray thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Luna.
08-22-06, 09:49 PM
:welcome:

Lots of additional mods to consider. One of my favorites was getting the CTS armrest if you can believe that! (I love the additional storage space!) :)

Some other popular mods might include:
--a dyno tune
--FG2 shocks
--Anti-wheel hop kit
--Hotchkis Sway bar
--Boost guage (since you have a maggie)
--Tint
--Spoiler

Just a few off the top of my head!

JAY WEST
08-22-06, 09:52 PM
Man, thats cool, my thoughts are you should add the parts one at a time. I think some guys buy these cars and by the time they are done with the blower in the car, it's like what now? Don't get me wrong I'd love to afford the Maggie, but alot of guys start thinking of selling because what do you dream of next. I am only speaking from my opinion, someone who just dreams of a maggie, maybe next year. Anyway congrats. and no matter what you do, you know you have one badass car. - Jay

JAY WEST
08-22-06, 09:53 PM
Well that sums up my what next?

heavymetals
08-23-06, 06:48 AM
You got everything you need (except a STEALTH tune) :thumbsup:

If you are still looking, get some replacement (ULTIMATE) pedals as the first time you drive with a wet left foot and it slips off the clutch, your in for a suprise :eek:

Oh yeah, welcome to "Mod Hell" !

rand49er
08-23-06, 07:53 AM
You got everything you need (except a STEALTH tune) :thumbsup:

If you are still looking, get some replacement (ULTIMATE) pedals as the first time you drive with a wet left foot and it slips off the clutch, your in for a suprise :eek:....................:yeah:

gcollier
08-23-06, 08:44 AM
Luna tell me about the CTS armrest?

TagApl4
08-23-06, 12:19 PM
Wow!!! someone made a come up from the CTS crowd. New car and a few G's in mods all in one day. :bling:

May i suggest FG2 shocks: these are ideal for the track, and you can sell me your Fe4 for my CTS.

Luna.
08-23-06, 12:56 PM
Luna tell me about the CTS armrest?

In a nutshell, it's much "deeper" than the V armrest. The top opens and allows additional storage space. As the V glovebox is pathetically small and near useless, I found that any additional storage space was a blessing. :)

Do a search and you should find many hits. I can recall a few threads a few months back where this was discussed.

Jon
08-23-06, 01:10 PM
Congrats! You did exactly what I did. Got a CTS, then added a V.

TagApl4
08-23-06, 01:41 PM
I wish i could too, I just have to mod my 3.6L

arr0gant
08-23-06, 02:21 PM
Congrats on the new car. We need pics!!! Also, why would you keep a CTS AND a CTS-V?

Jon
08-23-06, 04:26 PM
Congrats on the new car. We need pics!!! Also, why would you keep a CTS AND a CTS-V?
Because the CTS depreciates like crap and I didn't want to take such a big hit and sell it for much less than it's worth to me? Plus this way the V sits in the garage Monday to Friday.

Slaigher
08-23-06, 04:28 PM
What he said...

Slaigher
08-23-06, 04:32 PM
I misplaced my cable so I can`t get download from my camera, so once I get another cable, then learn how to post pics, I`ll be on it.