: Where Is The Ecu/pcm Located.

94CaddyConcours
08-22-06, 07:13 PM
Hey guys. Where are the PCM and ECU located. I'm just bored and thinking about going to grab some. And how much are the worth? Picture would be nice also.

Krashed989
08-22-06, 09:19 PM
The PCM is the ECU. It is located inside of the dashboard on the passenger side, mounted against the kickpanel.

STS 310
08-23-06, 12:54 PM
Hey guys. Where are the PCM and ECU located. I'm just bored and thinking about going to grab some. And how much are the worth? Picture would be nice also.

"Grab some"? If you mean your going to find some from a wrecker or something I believe that the PCM is VIN# specific.

caddydaddy
08-24-06, 08:23 AM
I think it's the EEPROM chip that is car specific.

94CaddyConcours
08-24-06, 02:37 PM
The PCM is the ECU. It is located inside of the dashboard on the passenger side, mounted against the kickpanel.

Im still a little confuse. Can you be a little more specific. Inside the dashboard, but against the kick board? Picture would be nice for a dummy like me.

caddydaddy
08-24-06, 03:48 PM
Underneath the passenger side of the dash, there's a black plastic panel. It's right underneath the glove box. Once that is off, look up and to the right, and you'll see a silver box. That's the PCM. There's one or two screws that holds that on. It's then tilted and contored to get it to come out. It can be a PITA the first time you do it, but get's easier. Just be careful of the wiring, as it can be damaged easily, so go slow.

STS 310
08-24-06, 07:24 PM
Caddydaddy, I thought that the PCM was vin specific. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that it was. I know that the AC module is.

94CaddyConcours
08-25-06, 05:10 PM
Okay cool. Im going to take a look on my car and practice. Anyone know howmuch it go for? Like how much I can make on it? Okay not to sound stupid just to clarify my self it is under the dash inside the glove box right. Go ahead get a gun and shut me.

caddydaddy
08-25-06, 05:20 PM
Okay cool. Im going to take a look on my car and practice. Anyone know howmuch it go for? Like how much I can make on it? Okay not to sound stupid just to clarify my self it is under the dash inside the glove box right. Go ahead get a gun and shut me.

It's not in the glove box. You need to remove the panel that is under the glove box to get to the PCM that is to the right of that panel.

94CaddyConcours
08-27-06, 03:04 AM
Thanks I see whereit is.