: Leasing... NOW or WAIT

OneWeb
08-22-06, 06:57 PM
I would like to lease an 06 STS AWD do you think I am better off waiting or just get it now while I know that there are still 06 AWD left (NE not many left) or take a chance and wait and get a better deal? When it comes to leasing is it still a good idea to wait?

c5 rv
08-22-06, 09:04 PM
It's usually best to wait if Cadillac is near the end of their incentive cycle to see what is coming next - especially since the units haven't been selling strongly. If the incentives recently changed, it's up to you.

Be sure you visit a number of dealers and understand all the numbers. With interest rate, term, residual, and mileage to play with, dealers have all kinds of places to hide things. Have them show you the GMAC incentives on the printed notifications they receive. I had one dealer that kept trying to tack on an extra 1/2 percent interest rate for added dealer profit. This was even after I caught them at it once. I guess they figured I wouldn't notice it twice.

Wiseguy2
08-25-06, 07:32 PM
I just spoke to my salesman today (At Brogan in NJ let me know if you want a referral, no BS guy) and apparently next month Caddy is going to drop the lease incentives on 06s.. so if you want a special lease deal I'd act quickly. I know he's down to 4 06 CTSs.. 1 of which is a demo.

papaisrollin
08-31-06, 06:55 PM
no need to rush..if they aint sellin..

papaisrollin
08-31-06, 06:55 PM
been readin this forum for 2 yrs never posted aint that crazy?

ARTSBEST
08-31-06, 09:44 PM
WISEGUY 2 stated: and apparently next month Caddy is going to drop the lease incentives on 06s.. Boy, I just do NOT see how GM could render such a move on a model that is still sitting in big volumes on the dealers lots. Hell, (thanks to the astute posters here) we have learned that there are STILL NEW 05's are on these lots also. Sept. has alwasy been the BEST month to negotiate a new Cadillac. Why would GM back off on their financial incentives on a model that is not selling? Besides, the dealers ONLY learn of the incentives the day they go into effect. There is NO warning before hand most of the time. So how could this dealer make that statement?

OneWeb
08-31-06, 11:35 PM
I couldn't wait. There were too little AWD left in this area most I didn't like the color combo. I got an 06 1SC AWD and am paying about $500 a month with 10000 miles (I avg about 8k a year) for 39 mos. I thought it was a great deal so I took it. Also I didn't want to run the risk of ending up with a color car I didn't like . I hope I don't regret it on the 6th.

papaisrollin
09-01-06, 04:38 PM
wish i had waited got an 06 in dec of 05 products are cheaper the longer they sit on the shelf!:bigroll:

c5 rv
09-01-06, 09:13 PM
I was just forwarded an email stating that family members of GM employees and retirees (those who are normally eligible for GMS employee purchase pricing) can, until Nov 15, tag a GM owned STS (PEP car) for an even bigger discount. Included vehicles include 2006 STS (non V), SRX, Escalade ESV, Suburban, Yukon XL (not Denali), and H2. These are cars driven by GM execs for about 3K miles.

Wiseguy2
09-01-06, 09:47 PM
WISEGUY 2 stated: and apparently next month Caddy is going to drop the lease incentives on 06s.. Boy, I just do NOT see how GM could render such a move on a model that is still sitting in big volumes on the dealers lots. Hell, (thanks to the astute posters here) we have learned that there are STILL NEW 05's are on these lots also. Sept. has alwasy been the BEST month to negotiate a new Cadillac. Why would GM back off on their financial incentives on a model that is not selling? Besides, the dealers ONLY learn of the incentives the day they go into effect. There is NO warning before hand most of the time. So how could this dealer make that statement?

We're talking Lease incentives, not incentives in General. There's a lot less 06 Caddys out there than there were 05s last year at this time. GM stopped shipping 06 STSs some time back. And I'm sure there's going to be huge incentives on these cars for the forseeable future, GM's dug themselves deep in that trench. (Now, maybe if they gave the car an interior befitting a $40-70k car it might sell better but, eh, what do I know)

Leasing is a funny business, the older the 06s get (Calendarwise) the lower the residuals to the point that it makes more sense to lease an '07 than an '06. That's pretty normal at the end of the model year, the people who want deals on STSs will be buying them. Cadillac's lease penetration is also not as high as a lot of the imports so it's not AS crucial to them as it would be to, say, Jaguar or BMW.

ARTSBEST
09-04-06, 11:01 AM
C5RV: Do you have any idea what these people are paying for the cars you mentioned?

ARTSBEST
09-04-06, 11:05 AM
WISEGUY. You're right. Leasing is a lot different animal towards year end than is buying. Anyone know what % of Cadillac sales are in the lease form?

c5 rv
09-04-06, 07:19 PM
C5RV: Do you have any idea what these people are paying for the cars you mentioned?

They link to the following examples:

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/GMVPP/pdf/tag_family.pdf

Wiseguy2
09-06-06, 04:17 AM
WISEGUY. You're right. Leasing is a lot different animal towards year end than is buying. Anyone know what % of Cadillac sales are in the lease form?

It depends on the market.. here in North Jersey I think my salesman said they were running about 50-60% on Leasing, and this is a market (NY City) where leasing is huge. Jaguar, as an example, is 80+%.