: thoughts on this stroker kit?

dvandentop
08-22-06, 04:50 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120023788643&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

any thoughts on this stroker kit?
was thinking about the 383 kit. :stirpot:

JonCR96Z
08-22-06, 05:58 PM
I don't have any personal experience with them, but any that have ever been in GMHighTech magazine, wouldn't put down the power or run the times of a good heads/ cam car.

That aside. Eagle makes good stuff, but are you planning on running a power adder. If not, then you don't need forged internals. Cast parts will save you money and weigh less which makes for less friction and powerloss.

If you are going to run a poweradder. Well, it better be nitrous, because you'll have lots compression with those pistons.

Florian
08-22-06, 05:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120023788643&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

any thoughts on this stroker kit?
was thinking about the 383 kit. :stirpot:

Why? With all the stuff available out there and the soon to be released (L92) parts and pieces, youd be wasting money. A true 427 can be had (not sleeving an LS2) in the very near future for VERY reasonable dollars....

Do heads/cam, get some jollies from that until the L92 goods are available to the public..

F

DILLIGAF
08-22-06, 06:22 PM
Is your crank bad?

Another prolapseastang moment F

Florian
08-22-06, 09:43 PM
Is your crank bad?

Another prolapseastang moment F

RP,

If your gonna lob beach balls, theyre gonna get swatted.....:)

F

dvandentop
08-23-06, 01:45 PM
not sure if crank is bad yet or not, i am just looking into all options @ the moment.

Florian, how soon are we talking, i want to get this bitch up and running by mid-late september! and when you say not very costly how much we talking?

Florian
08-23-06, 02:15 PM
not sure if crank is bad yet or not, i am just looking into all options @ the moment.

Florian, how soon are we talking, i want to get this bitch up and running by mid-late september! and when you say not very costly how much we talking?

DV,
I think the crank reference was a jab at Dannystang....re: the L92 stuff, its spring 07. If ya really want to do things right, toss an LS2 block in your V and forge the internals make it a 402 and youll be pushing 500 RWHP for about 9000 bux.

F

Silver Dollar
08-23-06, 04:57 PM
RP,

If your gonna lob beach balls, theyre gonna get swatted.....:)

F

kinda like the "tranny trouble" and "leaking rear end" threads. I've used a monumental amount of self control over the short few months I've been a member.

Oops, did I say I was a member?