: Playing MP3s in the V?

mdc
08-22-06, 01:38 PM
I know Radios & More make an IPod kit that is pretty good (in version 2 form at least), but I hate the IPod and anything Apple related.

I have a really nice MP3 player by Creative that has all of my music on it and I would love to find a way to have it hardwired into the factory system ...

I have been using a FM Transmitter, but the quality varies from horrible to terrible (I have tried 3 different transmitters and they all pretty much sound the same)

Is there any other way to get an MP3 (non IPod) player on the factory setup or am I stuck with the horrible FM Transmitters? :rant2:

v-ape
08-22-06, 04:00 PM
I've been using the FM transmitter method, but I dont listen to MP3's much. You can add another set of inputs, there is a kit avail, but I think you need to add a switch too :(

nikon
08-22-06, 05:05 PM
ya there is a kit available...do a quick search on crutchfield and you'll find it...but, you wont be able to have the song names or be able to seek from your radio controls.....I did'nt like the ipods much at first either, but now that I have one, it works great...granted I bought it specifically for the V, and it spends 99% of its life there, but it works good.