: Anyone buy a new 06 with FG2's?

BigFred
08-22-06, 12:37 PM
I did, and didn't get my stock shocks. Previous threads show that the majority of FG2 buyers got their stocks back. Salesman said I would get mine before I bought the car. He is basically claiming the stock shocks were never there. I don't believe this, but I just wanted to make sure nothing changed in the 06 model year. Thanks!

mdc
08-22-06, 01:34 PM
I am in the same boat and I just gave up

I know the car came from the factory with the stock setup (they all do as FG2s are a dealer installed option) because they forgot to install them on delivery and I noticed a day later

When I asked for my stock setup back, they claimed they send it back to the factory (which I think is BS) and that I am not entitled to it. I argued the point for about a week and just forgot about it ... wasn't worth the time (although it probably is worth the time because you can sell the stock set up to a regular CTS owner :( )

I made a thread about it when I bought my car and it seems that some people get it back and some don't ...

starfox86
08-22-06, 03:20 PM
mine came with FG2's..i didnt even know the dealer put them on.

theformer
08-22-06, 11:30 PM
I didn't get mine either. The way the sticker looked on my '06 - it didn't even look like a dealer installed option. Just looked like it came from the factory that way. I didn't know about it until much later, but quite frankly I didn't care. I would never drive it any other way.

TagApl4
08-23-06, 01:37 PM
Yeah its no big deal to you guys, and u are happy with your FG2, but I want them :helpless:
$100 to whoever is willing to go through the hassle and get their Fe4. It can't be too hard. Has to be just a phone call away for somwone.

clubho
08-23-06, 10:55 PM
does the FG2 set up lower the car?

TurnStyle
08-24-06, 12:35 PM
Hello everyone,
Just bought my V in July. Did not get the stock shocks and things looked like the car came from the factory with the shocks installed.

Vendetta-V-
08-24-06, 04:47 PM
My question is how do I know if I have the FG2s installed from the factory? It sure as hell feels like I have the upgraded shocks because this thing will rock like friggin' hell passing over divots, ruts...especially while making a turn.

blown black caddy
08-24-06, 05:39 PM
My question is how do I know if I have the FG2s installed from the factory? It sure as hell feels like I have the upgraded shocks because this thing will rock like friggin' hell passing over divots, ruts...especially while making a turn.

There was a post awhile ago with pictures. The FG2's have black dashed lines around the outside of the decal on the shock

Vendetta-V-
08-24-06, 05:50 PM
There was a post awhile ago with pictures. The FG2's have black dashed lines around the outside of the decal on the shock

+rep...thanks.

BigFred
08-24-06, 06:58 PM
Vendetta- by just turning your wheels you can see the dashed line.
Clubho- FG2's don't lower the car.
I e-mailed Cadillac and they said I can pick up my stock shocks, so there's the answer. They took care of the whole deal it looks like. Now I just have to see if I can get the dealer to mail it to me. :thumbsup: to Cadillac!

Vendetta-V-
08-24-06, 08:52 PM
Hmm, no dashed line...I'd hate to see how rough the car rides with the FG2s!

BigFred
08-24-06, 10:42 PM
I test drove a stock CTS-V before I bought an FG2s V without driving it. I thought the stock one was rough too. I'm just wondering if the FG2s deteriorate the ride very much at all.

Kadonny
08-25-06, 11:33 AM
FG2's do not change the ride all that much, but they do change the handling for the better.

If you are on the fence for them, just get them.

And the shocks are installed at the dealer, no questions. If the dealer says they are not, then they are lying.

The FE4 shocks are yours, get them from the dealer if you want them. I got mine with NO problems at all. Now they are just sitting in my basement. Need to find them a good home.