: North Gratiot Cruise, Detroit this Sunday

Ryan's '05-V
08-22-06, 10:16 AM
I figured I would start a thread to see who can make and to see what time we may want to meet up. This is not real huge but there will be some nice cars and is a chance for some more of us to catch up. It start at 10AM and runs until 6PM and is mainly from M-59 (Hall Rd.) to 23 Mile Rd along Gratiot.
I'm thinking maybe 1-2PM would be good.

I know Flyboy is in town and will be there, Ronr was interested, Randy may be able to stop by, so how about a few others.
MescalVto or any CTS guys?

Flyboy, any thoughts where we could meet up? We could try somewhere at 23 or 21 and Gratiot or even CJ Barrymore's off M-59 which is about 1.5-2 miles west of Gratiot for those who aren't familiar with CJs.

I hope all will go well for me as my wife has a meeting from 2-5 and can't take the kids. I may have them or may be able to have grandma and grandpa take them for a little while. I will make it but it's a little in the air for me. I should be able to go around 11 but will most likely bring my 2.5 yr old to help out the wife plus he loves to "see the cars".

Flyboy and I plan to meet up sometime so I hope a couple others can stop by.
Ryan

Flyboy
08-22-06, 10:36 AM
Ryan.....I get out of church @ 12:30.....We could hook-up @ Barrymore's @
1 PM, if that works for everyone. Sounds like a fun day!! You've got my phone number......

rand49er
08-22-06, 01:16 PM
... I get out of church @ 12:30 ... @ Barrymore's ...Flyboy, come to my church ... we get out at 11:00. :halo:

Where the heck is Barrymore's?

rand49er
08-22-06, 01:17 PM
... CJ Barrymore's off M-59 which is about 1.5-2 miles west of Gratiot for those who aren't familiar with CJs ...:duh:

ronr
08-22-06, 01:35 PM
I get out of church at 12 and should be able to make it down by shortly after 1.

Ryan's '05-V
08-22-06, 04:08 PM
We could plan for 1 or even 1:30 so everyone can look to make at once.
Here is the website: http://www.cjbarrymores.com/
And address: 21750 Hall Road
Clinton Township, MI 48038 - 2 Miles west of I-94
We could park up close to M-59 so it is easy to find everyone.
There is a Mc Donald's right along M-59 and it is very easy to find since it is a pretty large place.

Call me if you have any questions. 586-206-1505.
So what time do you guys want to go for?

Flyboy
08-23-06, 04:12 AM
I'll be there between 1 and 1:30.

Thanks Ryan.....again for putting this together.

MescalVto
08-25-06, 09:13 AM
Ummm, I think I can, I think I can . . .
. . . maybe late though.

Threadjack warning - Flyboy, you sold the maggie (darn), curious what did you get? still need to unload my mustang . . . you probably were not interested in trading maggie for an '88 Saleen anyway . . . oh well.

. . . hope to see you guys Sunday, I can call Ryan if I am running late to catch up with you all.

ronr
08-25-06, 10:09 AM
Initial response from "the boss" was sure you can go. Latest response, there's a special program at church that may keep us there 'til 1:30. I'll give Ryan a call on Sunday when I know what's going on with the familly.

rand49er
08-25-06, 10:18 AM
It's looking a bit doubtful here. Wife working long hours Sunday, next-door neighbor having a little get-together, it's gonna rain, yadda, yadda ... :violin: . We'll see ...

MescalVto
08-25-06, 10:19 AM
:offtopic: Repeat Threadjack Warning! - Flyboy Question - put it here as I expect you to read this (& wanted to be a little lowkey) - looks like Katech has dropped forum sponsorship - also noted they do not dyno anymore from earlier comments and remember you were alluding to some guys leaving last we met - are they still a good place for getting mod help? (I am thinking about the Ground Control kit & maybe hothkiss - of course maggie is on my mind too but too much $$ for now) If not any other suggestions? feel free to PM if you prefer.

Ryan's '05-V
08-25-06, 12:54 PM
If there are no objections, let's plan to meet at CJ Barrymore's at 1:30. Flyboy and I will hang out for a little bit and move on to the cruise and anyone else that joins us a little late can just call me and we will let you know where we are at.
The weather forecast right now shows Sunday to be partly cloudy with a high in the upper 70s. We should be fine.

MescalVto. I do know that Katech still does work on Vs so either Flyboy or most likely Jason at Katech would be the best place to get more info. I think Flyboy just had them do a couple things for him.

See ya soon.

Flyboy
08-26-06, 08:23 AM
Weather dot com says that the rain showers ought be gone after lunch. Ryan I'll be there @ 1:30 Katech stopped being a sponser because they weren't getting a return on their sponsorship. They'll still work on any car, including the "V"....they just put a new clutch in mine....I'll discuss it tomorrow with whomever is around. They are kinda' "zeroing" in on the new 'vette, and have already modded one and the second one is in their shop right now. I think Jason said it is over 600 HP at the flywheel. See ya'll tomorrow.

Flyboy
08-26-06, 10:02 AM
Well.......SH*T!!!!!!

My boss just called.....flying him from Pontiac to Montreal tomorrow after lunch.

Let's try to set something up for Woody's before the summer is over.

Ryan's '05-V
08-26-06, 12:33 PM
Damn!it Flyboy, can't you get some time for yourself? Ask him if you can leave around 4 or 5 so you can partake for an hour or two with the rest of us.
I think you better pick a date for Woody's again and tell the boss to call someone else unless there is an emergency. Look, if you want someone to race I will gladly lose to you.

Well, since I don't see anyone being able to meet tomorrow at 1 or 1:30, why don't you guys call me when you are on your way out here if anyone comes. Based on where I am at and you are coming from, we can come up with a place to meet. I will be stop by the cruise regardless as I am fortunate enough to live a few miles away.

Ron, Mark, Randy; call me if you can make it as I may just take off with my neighbor and catch up to you. I am dropping my kids off with grandma and grandpa so I will have a few hours to kill starting at 1 or so.

See ya later.

rand49er
08-26-06, 02:56 PM
Ryan, this is the time to seize the opportunity to make some points with the Mrs. Tell her that you'll go meet with the guys but you'll go LATE because she means more than a bunch of friggin' forum freaks. Yeah, that's the ticket! :highfive:

P.S. Don't look for me, I have to cook dinner for the wife.:wifeyapping: :~fridge:

Ryan's '05-V
08-26-06, 04:10 PM
I would gladly help her but she is going to a union meeting at Cobo to help decide if the teachers should strike so she will be gone from about 1-5.

I'm not a cook but will help.
I want to hear those headers and Corsa again so it will be some other time.