: 2007 STS Changes Keyfob

macklobell
08-20-06, 09:15 PM
Does anyone know if the keyfob has changed for the 2007 STS....? I noticed that the chrome wheels for 2007 have a colored wreath and crest which looks very nice...It seems like there is very minimal changes.....

allen65
08-21-06, 08:17 PM
Yes, I was in the dealer for service and saw the new fobs sitting on the sales desk. Don't know why they have changed. I didn't see any obvious improvement.

stsjunkie
08-22-06, 01:11 PM
Here it is....

Cadillacboy
08-22-06, 03:47 PM
That looks nice .I wish I could upgrade mine to that one

Skibanker
08-22-06, 08:28 PM
Where's the remote start button? Did that feature go away?

jjsocrazy
08-23-06, 08:17 PM
My father has a loaded 07 STS White Diamond demo. Key is the same, no change in it for some odd reason, center caps changed, also the shifter console is now like the CTS and SRX. Also I noticed how some of his customers's batteries would die b/c when they turned the car off they hit the accessories side of the button. Now in order to have acc on you have to hit it again after you turn off the car. I think that's much better, no more dying batteries I hope!

AllWheelEric
08-25-06, 11:30 AM
The way you describe the 07 off-accessories switch is the same as my 2005. It appears that there are two sides to the button, but it's just an up-down rocker. If engine is running, one must press twice for accessory power. Regardless, the accessory power only stays active for 10-20 minutes, so this would not be killing batteries.

Cajonkev
08-27-06, 02:35 AM
Yup, 05 and 06 both have the "double-tap" for RAP.

Not sure what is meant by the "shifter" as the SRX and STS have been cousins all along and shared the same shift console since introduction...

jjsocrazy
09-05-06, 05:09 PM
The way you describe the 07 off-accessories switch is the same as my 2005. It appears that there are two sides to the button, but it's just an up-down rocker. If engine is running, one must press twice for accessory power. Regardless, the accessory power only stays active for 10-20 minutes, so this would not be killing batteries.

Yes but if you do it constantly you will eventually kill the battery!

bigdog9586
10-21-06, 09:25 PM
Tested a 07 STS and it has the remote starter and the remote doesn't look like the one in the picture.
=================

Where's the remote start button? Did that feature go away?

caddycruiser
10-21-06, 10:29 PM
Tested a 07 STS and it has the remote starter and the remote doesn't look like the one in the picture.
=================

That's because it didn't change. It's the same one they've had on the '05-06 models. That new one above still hasn't been phased in on any Caddy yet.