: I have Bridgestone Potenza RE050A on my v and now that...

1QUICKV
08-20-06, 08:52 PM
I have Bridgestone Potenza RE050A on my v and now that i have had them for 2,000 miles (one oil change) they are about to be change but i must say i have no wheel hop or anything i'm goin to hate to change them. has anyone have the same experience?:confused:

thebigjimsho
08-20-06, 09:43 PM
I don't mean to be a jerk, but....HUH?

1QUICKV
08-20-06, 11:20 PM
my car does no have wheel hop at all. my rear tires are like slicks.... i dont no what it is but the wheels dont hop.

wildwhl
08-20-06, 11:29 PM
Wow - 2000 miles and your burned through them? I already have 1,000 on them and I'd imagine I'll get at least 3-5 times what you've reported.

Stop doing burnouts, these tires aren't free.

WW

VELOSE
08-21-06, 12:15 AM
I'm assuming he doesn't like his tires. Why are you changing your tires? Also, what is the treadwear rating on your Potenza's? I'd like to know because I'm planning to get Potenza RE050A in a few weeks.

rbrown81
08-21-06, 12:18 AM
I have Bridgestone Potenza RE050A on my v and now that i have had them for 2,000 miles (one oil change) they are about to be change but i must say i have no wheel hop or anything i'm goin to hate to change them. has anyone have the same experience?:confused:

The jibberish is strong with this one...

thebigjimsho
08-21-06, 08:12 AM
The jibberish is strong with this one...You may only have 23 posts, but I think I'm gonna like you lurking here! Stick around.

OldRoadDawg
08-21-06, 08:46 AM
The jibberish is strong with this one...

You may only have 23 posts, but I think I'm gonna like you lurking here! Stick around.

Cripes!! . . . you mean it really is just jibberish!? Here I was - thinking he was using this forum to pass complex, super secret encrypted messages to the enemy. :thepan:

calicadi
08-21-06, 12:28 PM
I'm assuming he doesn't like his tires. Why are you changing your tires? Also, what is the treadwear rating on your Potenza's? I'd like to know because I'm planning to get Potenza RE050A in a few weeks.
Cars in the shop, but pretty sure they're 220.

calicadi
08-21-06, 12:35 PM
Yo quick... can you clarify, please? Did you really only get 2000 miles or is that a typo and you meant 20,000? Are you replacing or just rotating? Did you change your oil at 2000 miles?

And yes the 050A's are a bit less sticky than F1's, so they break loose more easily, ergo less hop.

VELOSE
08-21-06, 01:24 PM
The one's I'm planning on buying are a 140 treadwear. Calicadi, are yours the 140 treadwear?

1QUICKV
08-21-06, 05:57 PM
no this is the whole story. i just got the V in january. with new tires from the dealer. my friend who has a SRT 8 Charger (red) decieded that he was going to show off his burn out skills. so i decieded to show my drifting and burnouts around a parking light pole at the same time. Hands down i won. all he could do was 180's. The ground in the parking lot was alittle wet so it was it too bad.

--- one i should of leased this car and not brought it.
--- no i can't rotate the rears and i'll maybe buy non- runflats (same tire tread)
--- my fronts are like new and are not worn at all.
--- there great tires. i will stick with them.

MescalVto
08-21-06, 06:10 PM
:banghead: :tisk: :bigroll: :thepan: :headcase: :jawdrop:

What else can I say?

rbrown81
08-21-06, 06:41 PM
Cripes!! . . . you mean it really is just jibberish!? Here I was - thinking he was using this forum to pass complex, super secret encrypted messages to the enemy. :thepan:

Well thats what I was doing...

Quick, please try to rephrase what it is you are saying so we can understand because right now :tsucks:

Treadwear on the 050a's is 140, I just checked mine.

urbanski
08-21-06, 06:55 PM
no this is the whole story. i just got the V in january. with new tires from the dealer. my friend who has a SRT 8 Charger (red) decieded that he was going to show off his burn out skills. so i decieded to show my drifting and burnouts around a parking light pole at the same time. Hands down i won. all he could do was 180's. The ground in the parking lot was alittle wet so it was it too bad.

--- no i can't rotate the rears and i'll maybe buy non- runflats (same tire tread)

sounds fun, since you killed your rear tires, have another "competition" but video it for us!!! of course, have your replacement tires already waiting to go on :)

calicadi
08-21-06, 07:00 PM
The one's I'm planning on buying are a 140 treadwear. Calicadi, are yours the 140 treadwear?
Probably... can't run out and look, car's in the shop. I just checked Tire Rack and Bridgestone sites. All 050A's are listed at 140. I'm probably confusing their ratings with my BFG T/A's that are 200. My bad.

wildwhl
08-21-06, 08:43 PM
140's for sure.

Gee, I didn't know that drifting or burnouts diminished treadwear :banghead: I thought that was only on the Russian variant V (the one with the bulge in the hood)?

Now I'm really confused. I keep trying to get the fronts to spin so they'll wear as fast as the rear, but I can't find the transfer case, so I just shift on the fly into reverse and flop ends at will (wait, that's the rental car).

Smibberish I say...Bring Me A Shrubbery - or at least some bunnies (Dennis?).

WW

(oh, I agree, the F1's are just a superior tire for all out performance - but not worth replacing every 5K miles or so)

CTS5
08-21-06, 09:11 PM
(oh, I agree, the F1's are just a superior tire for all out performance - but not worth replacing every 5K miles or so)

Hey, I got 5800 out of my F1's! :highfive: Must be the CAGS eliminator? :alchi:

Koooop
08-22-06, 12:40 AM

Have you considered renting?

1QUICKV
08-22-06, 06:59 PM
renting? oh yea and replace the tires, rear end, and trans with mine on my car. dam the beaten i would give a sports car rentel... the car would not last with me

urbanski
08-22-06, 07:03 PM
renting? oh yea and replace the tires, rear end, and trans with mine on my car. dam the beaten i would give a sports car rentel... the car would not last with me

you should do that Hertz rental Mustang GT-H program :p
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/04/12/2006-ford-shelby-gt-h-unveiled/