: 94' Sls Pcm

rrollo
02-14-04, 01:42 AM
Where is the best place to get a PCM? My unit appears to be failing and setting lots of codes.

Logandiagnostic
02-14-04, 06:38 AM
A Delco reman PCM runs about $140. Not too bad...

Be sure to check the battery cables befor replacing.

Logan
www.airbagcrash.com
www.logandiagnostic.com

rrollo
02-14-04, 09:28 PM
Where do I order a PCM from? Are they core exchange?

I have checked the battery cables as noted. There was some corrosion that has been throughly cleaned now.

The car has a continuing T073 being set hard with an occasional T072, S044, in history. Sometimes the hard code won't clear, sometimes it clears by itself or clears as it is supposed to with the buttons. Usally the idle gets rough, sometimes with black smoke, usually will stall intermittantly too, with hardcode or not. I thought if a hard code was set the backup mode would allow for detuned safe performance. This is eratic even with the code set. I have checked cleaned and tightned grounds at & around engine, in the trunk, ABS/TCS reseated, and found 12 volts on both PWM signal pins between the ABS and PCM going and coming. I can't figure this one out. Thus I about ready to try a PCM.

hlisman
08-26-04, 11:04 PM
Did you replace the PCM? And with what result?

I have the TC0073 code on my '96 STS, and already replaced the EBTCM with a junkyard unit but that did not solve the issue. So wondering what replacing the PCM did for you.

Herman