: Vogue Tyres

Goodyr
02-13-04, 08:53 PM
I'm still a little new to the forum. I purchased a1994 sls about 3 months ago. I had a few problems. The car has Vogues on it but the whitewall with the cold ring is on the inside. I kinda like the blackwalls out. What do you guys think?

highonchai
02-13-04, 10:38 PM
No No No, whitewalls out whitewalls out, its a Cadillac! :p Anyway, my oppinion, if youre not going to use your Vogues give em to me:D . Does anyone know where i can get vogues, like from a local wheel and tire joint? i love in MI, so anywhere like discount tire, or.... i cant remember any other names right off hand. Any ideas?

coffeebreak1
02-14-04, 12:29 AM
what are you thinking gold out man it's a caddy.those are $700 a set let them show.:annoyed:
I'm still a little new to the forum. I purchased a1994 sls about 3 months ago. I had a few problems. The car has Vogues on it but the whitewall with the cold ring is on the inside. I kinda like the blackwalls out. What do you guys think?

coffeebreak1
02-14-04, 12:31 AM
get a lowrider mag good prices in the ads don't go with the first one you call.

:drinker

No No No, whitewalls out whitewalls out, its a Cadillac! :p Anyway, my oppinion, if youre not going to use your Vogues give em to me:D . Does anyone know where i can get vogues, like from a local wheel and tire joint? i love in MI, so anywhere like discount tire, or.... i cant remember any other names right off hand. Any ideas?

El Dobro
02-14-04, 01:23 PM
When I bought my SLS, the dealer already had the Vogues installed. I made them turn them blackwall out. The car looks much better that way.

Caddy Man
02-15-04, 10:18 PM
if u dont like the vogue look sell them...i kno many people that would want to have them. some of you are turnin around a 750 dollars set of tires..just go get some blackwalls. :rolleyes2

CognLac
02-16-04, 01:54 PM
You have to let the mustard and mayonnaise show, its the cadillac way

CADDYBLACK99
02-17-04, 05:44 PM
I agree with Cognlac....if ya' got'em...show'em!

El Dobro
02-17-04, 10:28 PM
Ain't happening. I'm letting the whitewalls impress the suspension.

Night Wolf
02-18-04, 01:32 AM
What is the big deal about vouge?

I always hear aobut it... my DeVIlle has 2 Vouge tires on the back (kinda worn) and 2 no-name Florida made in China brand tires onm the front... all are white walls... but why is Vouge highly sought after w/ Caddy and soo expensive.... there are plenty of WW tires out there....

CognLac
02-18-04, 12:23 PM
What is the big deal about vouge?

I always hear aobut it... my DeVIlle has 2 Vouge tires on the back (kinda worn) and 2 no-name Florida made in China brand tires onm the front... all are white walls... but why is Vouge highly sought after w/ Caddy and soo expensive.... there are plenty of WW tires out there....

The old school vouges have the yellow and white stripes. Being from Florida i quickly learned the "respect value" these tires carry, also a lot of hype from Hip Hop/ Rap, E-40 coined the phrase mustard and mayonnaise, and believe it or not they are often referred to as that in the southern states. I am not sure about today, but they used to be a very well built tire, avail in a lot of sizes. and correct me if im wrong but they came standard on caddys, back in the day. but a regular WW and a vouge is apples and oranges.

dgp
02-24-04, 08:17 PM
"Mustard and Mayonaise"... Good song
Fo' shellians
Forty Fonzerelli says let them show

ChiMick
03-04-04, 05:14 PM
From what I understand, Vogue makes each tire by hand (for what that is worth).

Check out their website at: http://vogue-tyre.com

STS
03-04-04, 11:58 PM
vogue tires (tyres) suck. you can rotate and balance em every 5000 miles and they'll still get chopped up.

Night Wolf
03-05-04, 12:29 AM
ok, I have a question then.... my back tires are Vouges, but only have the white wall (no yellow) they are more worn then the front, which seem to be crappy (kinda no-name brand, made in China)

This is a picture of my back tire... is this a "real" Vouge... one of the expensive ones? and how is this tire differnt then any other?

There is also a shot of the front tire... it is a "Runway- Enduro" or something like that... all 4 tires are traction A, temp A, and treadware 460 or something.... all I know is, I remember in any rain, the front tires had no grip at all (trying to pull onto a road out of a parking lot that had a slight incline down, and turn at the same time was very difficult) these front tires NEVER left any rubber on the ground despite the amount of spinning (ummmm..... quickly pulling away at a stop light?!?!?!? :D) and never smoked either.... although the traction on dry pavement was pretty good... when I bought the car, the dealer had new front tires installed... so I assume the car had 4 Vouges, and they wanted to change the front tires (I want to get the '98+ SLS wheels... but there is still some life on these tires, so I'll hold off for now)

PS I know the car is really dirty and the whitewalls aren't white... she just came out from being away for the winter... I don't have access to a hose to wash her either.... but I am doing alot of interrior and engine stuff until she goes on the road.... less then a month away :D

509Rider
03-05-04, 03:13 AM
Vogue makes regular tires with just a white wall to, but most people that have and want vogues have the gold and white walls, and yes they are very well made I have friends that run them on cars with hydraulics and they do last longer, even with camber being way out, and to awnser the original question white wall out please! My 98 sts has regular tires without a whitewall and I am going to buy tires with a whitewall cause it is driving me nuts.

lexmami
03-15-04, 02:30 PM
:halo: I have to say that Vogue's are very classy. They have an appeal that other WW's don't. I no longer drive a Cadi, in fact I am in a Lexus now and want to put Vogue's on it. Does anyone know where I can get a set?

Goodyr
03-15-04, 02:42 PM
Try ebay, put vogue tire in the search. Hope this helps .
Ralph

OTE=lexmami]:halo: I have to say that Vogue's are very classy. They have an appeal that other WW's don't. I no longer drive a Cadi, in fact I am in a Lexus now and want to put Vogue's on it. Does anyone know where I can get a set? [/QUOTE]

cadillacchromer
03-15-04, 06:12 PM
Vogues give a clean, presidential look especially on the pearl caddys and the money green caddys

cadillacchromer
03-15-04, 06:17 PM
This leads me to my question...Vogues or 20's on a 98 STS.

VinceMade
08-26-04, 02:24 AM
Well all the talk about vogues I just ruined one of mine and decided to go out and buy 4 new tires. so..... I have three Pretty Good P225 60 R16 Vogue Yellow Stripe Only Tires I would like to Sell to individuals who, like myself, could've used just 1 and not all 4 new tires. I will however sell them all as a set to anyone who wants them. They will go Up for auction on Ebay Thursday, August 26th 2004 and last for ten days. just type in their search engine "vogue tyre" and you will find these along with pictures. I am going to auction just one but if you email me, I can sell the other two. Also, I am looking for a Grill Emblem (the kind that was originally melted on) for a 93 eldorado touring. and a catalytic converter so if you have any info on where i can find one please let me know! Thanks All OH YEAH Whitewalls OUT Please !!!! Looks WAAY better !

Sandy
08-26-04, 10:12 AM
Vogues on Caddys. Blackwalls on SUVs & Pick-Ups. Blackwalls on Caddys look about as good as Vogues on SUVs :helpless:

Goodyr
08-26-04, 08:00 PM
I had forgot about posting this. I left the blackwall out. To each his own. Since that picture was taken in my first post I have, repainted the top with vinyl paint (it turned out good).Also went with the tinted windows and I use nothing but Zaino on the whole car. I will say the vogues do not give you a good ride. Just my other two cents.
Ralph

Swangin-&-Bangin
08-27-04, 12:44 AM
This leads me to my question...Vogues or 20's on a 98 STS.

BOTH!!! Vogues Mustard & Mayo will be available in 20" soon...

Rob_M
03-09-05, 04:42 PM
I think they look pretty sharp but I heard they're not kinda crappy. I spoke to a man who was a Cad mechanic for 25 years and he said you should put Goodyear Eagle GA's on because thats what they came with back then. I have a friend who works for Cadillac who say vouge's aren't very good either.

Goodyr
03-09-05, 07:27 PM
Well everybody has an opinion. I donít think they are the best riding tire out there. I just drive the car 75 or at most 100 miles a week. I think they look good and Iíve had them on some of my other cars. I no longer have the ones I was talking about in the original post. I got these off of the classified section of this forum. They had about 1000 miles on them. I paid $450.00 shipped from Florida. If you want a great ride get something else. I have the deville for that. I think vogues look great on a caddy. Just my opinion.

Rob_M
03-09-05, 08:31 PM
Agreed. They do look very classy. It's just a matter of preference. What would you rather have? Looks or performance?

MacKiNBacK
03-10-05, 02:49 AM
and for the ones who prefer the vogues and thinking their classy.. that also comes with the hard work of keeping them white and yellow! i swear it takes me 10mins a tire to clean.. but when their clean and theres a bit of tire dressing.. whew.. feel like a million bucks riding around.

MacK

Rob_M
03-10-05, 12:05 PM
Oh yeah, poor you! All that trouble polishing your vouge tires. LOL. That's the funnest part. I used to use "bleach white", you know that tire cleaning stuff, and a wire brush, and they would look brand spankin new. I'll still take performance over looks. I want to be able to go on a few high speed chases if I need to.:histeric:

Goodyr
03-10-05, 02:52 PM
Hi Mack,

I use Westleyís Bleche-Wite on my vogues and it doesnít take long at all. Use a plastic bristle brush not a wire brush. After spraying it on let it sit while spraying the next tire. I do the whole car in less than an hour. Westleyís is a blackwall and whitewall cleaner and is very cheap.

Rob you keep talking about performance. I said there are better tires out there. I didnít say it rode like a go-cart. It rides like a caddy. Iíve been driving these cars for over 25 years. Some have had vogues and some have not. I donít see where having vogues or any other tire has any bearing on high speed. I trust my tires at any speed. IMHO

MacKiNBacK
03-10-05, 03:48 PM
I use bleach white too.. Its just takes 2 times to get them completely white.. I started out using a wire brush (dont know why), and noticed cracking white wall. But im currently using a plastic brush and dont see the cracks getting worse. Vogues are high preformance.. Just not racing. H rated for speeds of 130MPH. How much faster do you want?

Rob_M
03-10-05, 04:36 PM
Well, maybe if I come up on a set of used ones decent some day for less I might try em out. They sure are expensive though.

juiceE
03-11-05, 12:18 PM
that bleche-wite eats through the top layer of the white wall, keep using it and ull have more then cracks, same with wire brush. just use sopy water and a regulare brush, an sum elbo grease. i used to have vogues on me 92 deville... (dam i forgot i still have those rims, reminds me to put em up on ebay) any way if u dont believe me get a non white towel and spray the bleche on the tire or the rag and ull see the whitewall rub off onto the rag.

Goodyr
03-11-05, 06:28 PM
To each his own opinion. I know a lot of people that have been using Westleys and they have had no problems. I've been using it for a good while and all my vogues or regular whitewalls have suffered no ill effect. I did see some information when I googled westleys that some people had trouble with it on alloy wheels. But I couldn't say because and I have chrome wheels.Neither my tires or wheels are bothered by westleys. I believe there is a thread on cleaning vogue tires. If anybody is interested. Just my 2cents.

Rob_M
03-11-05, 07:11 PM
I only use Wesleys for the tire. I only use the wheel cleaner for the wheels. I think one of the ones I like was Eagle. I don't know if it makes a difference but I think the wheel cleaner has a different soloution which loosens the brake dust and dirt better. Likewise, I think the Wesleys is specialized for cleaning the rubber on the tires. Just my opinion.

Msilva954
03-13-05, 03:48 PM
Eagle one A2Z best out there.....witha brush it cleans the whole tire with no bad effects.

Pete Benson
03-13-05, 05:40 PM
Eagle one A2Z best out there.....witha brush it cleans the whole tire with no bad effects.
I completely agree - it's far better on tires than anything else I've ever used, and it does a terrific job on wheels too.

chewster
03-17-05, 01:23 PM
gold on the outside...