: reduce road noise? anybody try to reduce road noise?

1QUICKV
08-19-06, 01:06 PM
How did you try to reduce road noise and did it work? the back seats hear the most noise.

FlyFlip420
08-19-06, 01:20 PM
Get yourself some dynamat.....I did the whole trunk and rear seat area of mine......cut the noise down to almost nothing......I did mine more for the stereo, but it really killed the road noise too

tweeter81
08-22-06, 11:14 AM
1QUICKV,

This is not meant to flame, but I have noticed that you have started multiple threads asking questions and soliciting helpful information. This in itself is not a problem. But something to think about would be becoming a supporting member to this site. It takes money to maintain this wealth of information. If you look around, a lot of people here are supporting members and and just like everything in life, you have to pay to play. $10.00 for 6 months of membership (I think that's right) is an extremely small price to pay for all the information floating around on this site. Sorry about the rant, it's just that everybody needs to be on the same page.

:)

v-ape
08-22-06, 12:07 PM
Dynamat should do the trick, but it will cost you more than a 6months subscription to this site... ($25/6 months).

Information is free, donations are optional.

ssmith100
08-22-06, 03:25 PM
The "Search" feature is also very helpful. There have been extensive post about sound deadening of the V on here for the last two years. I think the only person here with more in there car than me is Urbanski. I've got about 4 bulk packs of Dyanamt Extreme and Dynaliner in my V that goes from the firewall to the end of the trunk. All four doors have been done inside and out. The only negative you will have is the wind noise around the A-pillars at the windshield. Mine drives me crazy.

Shane

P-Funk
08-22-06, 03:33 PM
Cadillacfaq has a lot of useful information. There is a procedure for installing sound deadening material under the rear seat there.

1QUICKV
08-22-06, 07:14 PM
:thumbsup:
1QUICKV,

This is not meant to flame, but I have noticed that you have started multiple threads asking questions and soliciting helpful information. This in itself is not a problem. But something to think about would be becoming a supporting member to this site. It takes money to maintain this wealth of information. If you look around, a lot of people here are supporting members and and just like everything in life, you have to pay to play. $10.00 for 6 months of membership (I think that's right) is an extremely small price to pay for all the information floating around on this site. Sorry about the rant, it's just that everybody needs to be on the same page.

:) oh okay so how about no... i give more then i take from here. i know more for a 19teen year old then some of you people. i have a body and repair shop so i'm set.... some questions i ask are just to keep people thinking. what are you taking about @#$%ing jerk-off

1QUICKV
08-22-06, 07:15 PM
sorry about this

CIWS
08-22-06, 07:23 PM
How did you try to reduce road noise and did it work? the back seats hear the most noise.

urbanski mixed some Tequila with Shiner and went Ape-Shat sound proofing his V. Pics/thread are somewhere in the forum.

skepticman
08-22-06, 07:41 PM
I did this because it's cheap, quick and easy.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/wind.html

I used some weather stripping that's wider than in the pictures and I did the full length of the doors. I can't really tell you how much difference it made since it's one of the things I did fairly soon after I got the car. I don't notice any significant wind noise at any speed, mainly tire and engine noise.

1QUICKV
08-22-06, 07:42 PM
I've got about 4 bulk packs of Dyanamt Extreme and Dynaliner in my V that goes from the firewall to the end of the trunk. All four doors have been done inside and out. The only negative you will have is the wind noise around the A-pillars at the windshield. Mine drives me crazy.

Shane the wind noies would be a hard fix.... Dyanamt Extreme is heavy, i remeber when my father was re-doing his 1977 vett for me. i did start this re-post but i do know alittle and if we want are quarter mile times to decrease, then we can't put that much down.

tweeter81
08-23-06, 11:20 AM
:thumbsup: oh okay so how about no... i give more then i take from here. i know more for a 19teen year old then some of you people. i have a body and repair shop so i'm set.... some questions i ask are just to keep people thinking. what are you taking about @#$%ing jerk-off

Way to act your age...but I guess you can't help it, I mean you can't even legally drink beer or gamble yet. Don't worry, someday you'll be a grown-up little buddy. You know, I didn't want to have to do this. I was trying to be nice about it, but you had to resort to name calling. Also, it's one thing to ask questions that will benefit the forum as a whole and another thing entirely to clutter up the message boards with worthless questions.

Peace out :tisk: