: First Mod

rheagrimm
08-19-06, 10:54 AM
I've had my V for two weeks and that was all I could stand. Yesterday I installed a CAGS eliminator to get rid of that sorry skip-shift feature. Now the car is much more enjoyable to drive. I don't know how anyone can live with that CAGS system.

mdc
08-19-06, 11:32 AM
Get a shift kit in there too ... the difference is incredible ...

I installed a UUC, but there are other options that yield the same results ... :highfive:

rheagrimm
08-19-06, 03:31 PM

I installed a UUC, but there are other options that yield the same results ... :highfive:

Other than the shorter shifts of the UUC, does it have any other advantages? Is the shifting smoother and crisper or does it feel sloppy like the OEM shifter?

mdc
08-19-06, 10:35 PM
Thats the whole package pretty much ... shorter, faster, crisper

Smoother is a judgement call ... it is a little notchy (for lack of a better term), but I like the feel better. More like a sports car than a family sedan ...

CIWS
08-20-06, 06:16 AM
It's like crack, once you start......... :D

rand49er
08-20-06, 06:50 AM

I installed a UUC, but there are other options that yield the same results ... :highfive::yeah:

UUC, B&M, whatever. After a CAGS eliminator, it's a must have. :)

lawfive
08-20-06, 10:33 AM
Yah, big modder weighing in here. CAGS was my first mod, too; then supercharger and exhaust. But in retrospect, if I were in your shoes and had it to do over the UUC shifter would be my second mod. Might be the best bang for the buck in terms of driving enjoyment. I haven't missed third gear since I bought it!

Denniscars thinks it's too notchy/mechanical feeling, but then Dennis doesn't like license plate frames... :rolleyes:

The UUC will prepare you to fully enjoy the Stealth tune.

Dennisscars
08-20-06, 10:48 AM
Law, good to see you around again. :wave:

:duck: Ok.. ok.. sorry I poked fun at your license plate frame..

My order of mods..
go fast :spin:
stop fast :shocked2:
turn fast :getaway:
everything else is added drag...:2thumbs: oh and everything has to be installed to perfection.

Drago
08-20-06, 09:10 PM
You have gotten on a runaway bobsled ride to mod hell! I am just beginning the mod journey as well. :thumbsup: I'm still envious of the S/C guys on the forum.