: iPod Interface Installed

lawfive
08-19-06, 11:22 AM
S'up My Homies!

Last weekend I installed the Caddipod-01 iPod interface from RadiosAndMore.com. The install was supremely easy, following the illustrated instructions over on the FAQ. (In fact, Radios and More points to the FAQ instead of trying to include their own installation instructions). I put the iPod end of the wiring harness into my center console.

I'm using the 60 GB iPod Video, which contains my entire CD collection plus a bunch of stuff that I couldn't stop myself from buying from the iTunes music store. (Insidious, that damned music store is. Talk about instant gratification...) The interface also works with my 4 GB Nano.

I had some initial problems understanding how to control the iPod from the radio/nav screen; these turned out to be a combination of poorly written user instructions, me being in a hurry to fly to D.C., and me being an idiot (I'm not going to tell you what the proportions were in that combination :rolleyes:). This is the point where I found out that Radios and More has excellent customer service. I now understand the interface, and I'm LOVING IT!! I can search through my iPod by artist, by album, or by playlist, or I can just put the thing on random and listen to Jerry's cross-country radio station. The sound is excellent and the screen displays artist, title, and album as you'd expect. And of course, the iPod charges while connected.

This is their second version of the iPod interface, newer than the one Reed wrote about. I understand that Radios and More has been having some problems with their suppliers and that the Caddipod-01 has been on backorder off and on. I don't know what the inventory status is right now but I CAN tell you the following:

The Caddipod-01 works great!! $175 and worth it.
Radios & More has great customer service.
Use the FAQ for the installation instructions.
Don't use the FAQ for the user instructions: the FAQ has the user instructions for the old version of the iPod interface.
When you read the user instructions that actually come with the Caddipod, read the last part first, then go back and start at the beginning. (Trust me...)
CD Changers, In-Dash CD Changers, Car Navigation Systems, Rear Seat Entertainment Systems and More Automotive Electronics from Radios and More (http://www.radiosandmore.com)

Cheers,
Jerry

dqw1
08-19-06, 03:52 PM
They forgot to send me the user instructions but they mailed them to me yesterday. Now I can actually use it.
I spoke with one the engineers and he said they can't get around the Ipod cutting out sometimes but they haven't given up trying to find a fix. Other than that this a great upgrade.

ahahnu
08-19-06, 05:31 PM
WHen it cuts out is it the staticy sound that XM makes when it cuts out?

dqw1
08-19-06, 05:55 PM
yeah, that's kinda what it sounds like to me.

ctsvett
08-21-06, 01:54 AM
The iPod cutting out is a result of the car (overload of the class II bus and it is happening with the XM too- so its a car issue).

Here are the instructions on how to use the new kit:

CTS-CTS-V FAQ: iPod Kit installation instructions (XM enabled!) (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/ipodkit/)

(scroll down to the SECOND set of instructions)

Reed

Radiosandmore
08-21-06, 09:00 AM
For everyone that has been on backorder for this kit, please be patient. We've gotten the boxes and our cables, but we were waiting for the cable to go to the iPod and the mounting hardware. We've received the cable, and the mounting hardware will be here this week. As for the unit cutting out, it appears that it is with the NAV systems only, and it is happening on the new Sirius tuner as well, so it's in the radio itself. If we could monitor it when it happens, we could generate a fix for it, but we haven't seen it happen yet. If there are any questions, let us know.

dqw1
08-21-06, 07:23 PM
R&M ,you guys did it right with this kit. Way better than version 1.:thumbsup: