: Frightening ride last night night...... 165mph!!

austin
08-19-06, 10:02 AM
Ok,

So last night i go out clubbing with a buddy of mine. He comes by in a stock blk/blk 2002 M3 coupe that he borrowed from another friend. So he's driving it hard all night (TG it wasn't my car he borrowed). So on the way back where on a very long stretch of highway and he wants to see what it can do (have to admit, so do i). He nails it, taking it quickly up to red line (or dam close) at 7,400 rpm in 4th gear.... Now where doing 147 mph.... Absolutley no problem at all... The M3 loved it. Then.... After a quick change of underwear.... He shifts into 5th gear (again taking it up to red line) and now where doing 165 mph!! The sad part is that i'm out of underwear at this point!!

Needless to say.. I did not think a 2002 M3 had it in it..

I later did a search on the 2002 M3 specifications, and it noted a 1/4time in just 13.2 seconds. I also noticed how rediculously low the first gear ratio is (4.23:1) and that the rear end ratio was 3.64:1... I'm not so sure now that my near stock "V" (predator performance flash tune and volant air tube only w/K&N in stock box) can give this car a reeeeeal beating though...

Before you ask.. He already wants to race my "V". I told him i'll do a 1/4 run with him sometime. :D

2002 BMW M3 Coupe Specifications (http://www.supercarx.com/articles/specifications/m3.htm)

1QUICKV
08-19-06, 10:24 AM
I really can't belive that. an m3? 165? wow. i tell you are a cars are to slow !
but i did race an m3 2003 and i beat it with good distance....

thebigjimsho
08-19-06, 10:26 AM
Umm, in that link it shows the M3 electronically limited to 155. In personal experiences, the M3 is not going to hang in a straight line.

nikon
08-19-06, 10:34 AM
Umm, in that link it shows the M3 electronically limited to 155. In personal experiences, the M3 is not going to hang in a straight line.

I must agree and, unless they changed the trannies around, that parts a little off too, my friends 05' m3 shifts to 5th at a mere 120-130 (dunno if the competion package has anything to with it) but anything above 100 he couldnt touch me under 100 it was neck and neck but top end, no way could he hang....you sure that m3 isnt modded?

51PHFTY
08-19-06, 10:41 AM
Did it have the stock tire size? If not, that could have thrown the speedo off.

Marty

austin
08-19-06, 10:51 AM
>Umm, in that link it shows the M3 electronically limited to 155. In personal experiences, the M3 is not going to hang in a straight line.

I know....... If i did not see it myself... 165 mph... Believe me i wouldn't give a bima xtra credit!! It was my friends, friends car. He thought it was stock.. If it had a chip.. He did not know, and i definantly wouldn't of known as well. The M3 was totaly tight to the ground. Also.. the rims were definantly the stock ones.... Tire size, who knows, looked all stock to me?

Found these, hit page #1 after reading the top linked post for more speeds;

http://www.m3forum.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000880-2.html

top speed - M3Forum.com Discussion Boards (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=140)

CTS-VPaco
08-19-06, 11:55 AM
I raced a slightly mod'd '03 M3 (Not the M Coupe, which is the shoe lookin' one) and he would get me out the hole, but by the top of second we were side by side and 3rd is where it started to get ugly... for him.

I was lowered on my 19's at the time with a sub in the back.

thebigjimsho
08-19-06, 12:03 PM
I raced a slightly mod'd '03 M3 (Not the M Coupe, which is the shoe lookin' one) and he would get me out the hole, but by the top of second we were side by side and 3rd is where it started to get ugly... for him.

I was lowered on my 19's at the time with a sub in the back.Subway or Quizzno's? Just please don't say it was Blimpie! ugh.

azombie
08-23-06, 12:19 AM
not buying it

my buddy has a 2005 stock m3 no chance

it isn't even close to the V

austin
08-23-06, 02:36 AM
*Update...

I got my friend to ask his friend if his M3 was completely stock, and his friend told him his M3 has a Vmax Module which removes the speed limiter..

So it was not a completely stock M3.... It looked so to me.. Oh well!!

CIWS
08-23-06, 09:57 AM
*Update...

I got my friend to ask his friend if his M3 was completely stock, and his friend told him his M3 has a Vmax Module which removes the speed limiter..

Damn them biotches should be calling their stuff Mmax modules vs trying to steal some of the Vs mojo.

;)

L.Sanchez
08-23-06, 02:28 PM
I've never had a problem with M3's. I've raced several of them here in Socal and always end up trouncing them. You should have no problem dispatching that thing. And BMW's Speedos are notorious for being inaccurate. So I wouldn't put much wieght on what the dash said. Top of 4th on those cars is no more than 120mph, not 148.

Seems like you went on a ride and the adrenalin might of got a bit too your head. ;) I'm sure if you were driving the m3 it wouldn't have felt as fast!

Ladis

04CTSVFLA
08-23-06, 02:41 PM
:yeah: ....I toio have raced a few bmws, mostly on the 90+ mph highway stretches, no problem beating them by 2+ lenghts. At one point we pulled up and i floored it at 115 in 5th, not 4th where iu should of been, and i still pulled on him.

csp3000
08-23-06, 03:43 PM
I also have raced a couple of M3's and have won everytime. Off the line it's pretty even but by the top of 2nd gear say goodbye:thumbsup: If you race your friend on the highway even better... no chance for him at all :highfive:

LV_V
08-23-06, 09:14 PM
Good luck trying to get a BMW to race you when you have a loud exhaust... In my experience it has scared away nearly every one of them.