: How Can I Make The Chrome Shine

216caddypimp
02-13-04, 02:44 PM
I have a 85 Fleetwood Brougham in real good shape, but wanted to make the chrome really shine and stand-out. What are some good (or the best) products to use and the what is the best/correct way to clean chrome? I want my grill and everything to stand out.

Thanks

brougham
02-13-04, 04:59 PM
Do a search for chrome polish and you'll find lots of good advice!

216caddypimp
02-13-04, 05:05 PM
Do a search for chrome polish and you'll find lots of good advice!
Okay thanks

509Rider
02-13-04, 09:02 PM
Most of your trim is not chrome so it will never be as shiny as chrome, I think most of it is stainless or aluminum, which can still be polished somewhat.

burekv
02-14-04, 06:08 PM
Someone on this board suggested to me when i asked the same question to use Nevr Dull. Comes in a small silver can available at most auto stores. Got mine at pep boys for 4 or 5 dollars. Goes on very easy like a wax and easy to remove. Just follow directions but you will be very happy with the results. Makes my wheels shine. Good luck.

inmycadillac
02-21-04, 12:49 AM
I used steel wool on my 79 and that really worked. I hade small rust spots on the bumpers and it came right off with steel wool and made it shine. At night the bumpers lit up the road they were so shiny:bling: . Just be careful not to slip and touch the paint.

ChiMick
02-24-04, 05:33 PM
Go to a Harley shop and get some Simichrome polish. Works great on most metals.

c5 rv
02-24-04, 06:07 PM
Someone on this board suggested to me when i asked the same question to use Nevr Dull. Comes in a small silver can available at most auto stores. Got mine at pep boys for 4 or 5 dollars. Goes on very easy like a wax and easy to remove. Just follow directions but you will be very happy with the results. Makes my wheels shine. Good luck.

NevrDull works well on stainless steel, also. I saw it at my local Wal-Mart last week.

216caddypimp
02-25-04, 06:57 PM
I used steel wool on my 79 and that really worked. I hade small rust spots on the bumpers and it came right off with steel wool and made it shine. At night the bumpers lit up the road they were so shiny:bling: . Just be careful not to slip and touch the paint.

Dumb question, but do I use like an SOS pad or a plain steel wool pad?

216caddypimp
02-25-04, 07:00 PM
Most of your trim is not chrome so it will never be as shiny as chrome, I think most of it is stainless or aluminum, which can still be polished somewhat.
So is my 85 chrome, stainless steel or what? I don't know the difference. Hey, been poor whole life and just now understanding basic car shi..stuff :bonkers:

216caddypimp
02-27-04, 01:06 AM
uppin for the last 2 questions to be answered.

inmycadillac
03-01-04, 06:05 PM
Dumb question, but do I use like an SOS pad or a plain steel wool pad?
Plain steel wool pad, brah.

pzito
03-03-04, 12:56 AM
there ia a poilsh call BLUE CHROME exc stuffi use it on my bike and 71 bird with tons of chrome