: 99 STS Turbo Update

MARK99STS
08-18-06, 04:28 PM
Well I haven't been on the board for a while so I thought I would give everybody an update.

We found a way to control the timing by using a MSD DIS-4 ignition system with a muti channel boost referenced timing retard module also from MSD. It also has an adjustable soft rev limiter and adjustable shift light.

Thanks to Kevin Pearson, I now have a manual shift controller with a switch to toggle back and forth from “track” mode to stock. It’s really trick as he hooked up a LED to show what gear the car is in at any given time whether in track or stock mode. It also has safety features so you can’t go from say 4th to 1st. You have to shift it sequentially. Currently I am just using buttons at the end of two wires, but we are going to integrate it into the “temp” rocker switch on the steering wheel since I never use it. My USB port for the piggy back computer is hidden in the power port on the passenger side. The switch for the manual shifter is in the drivers’ side panel between the seat and console. The switch for the traction control override is just below the hood release. The car is seriously James Bond stuff. Really cool.

I took it to the track last night to test out the shifter. A really hot muggy day. Not good for racing, but I still did fairly well. It will take some practice and time to get a feel for the best shift points. I guess it will be a continual work in progress.

Mark 99STS

MrEr1c
08-19-06, 08:14 AM
What are your track numbers?

Can you get any pictures of all these gadgets? I am wondering if this looks really well done like almost factory or if it is just some cut and paste job.

Congrats on having everything moving along quite smoothly.

caddydaddy
08-19-06, 11:25 AM
Awesome! Glad to hear the STS is still running good! I'm very jealous of you!

MARK99STS
08-19-06, 04:00 PM
What are your track numbers?

Can you get any pictures of all these gadgets? I am wondering if this looks really well done like almost factory or if it is just some cut and paste job.

Congrats on having everything moving along quite smoothly.

Did a 12.78sec @112mph.
I'll try to get some pics of the MSD and post them on my website.

MARK99STS
08-20-06, 10:23 AM
Here are some updated pics of the ignition system and other gadgets.

Photo Album (http://www.markonemtg.com/marks99sts/id2.html)

AlBundy
08-20-06, 02:19 PM
Good to see your still hanging in there. Thanks for keeping us posted.

bone-daddy
08-21-06, 07:42 PM
damn man that is quite impressive. i liked the video, that thing sounds sweeeeet.