: Florida Track event still open 9/3.

V-Love
08-18-06, 03:27 PM
Hello everyone,
A few weeks back there was a post about S.Fla. V owners meeting up. We talked about renting Moroso. After the research it seemed joining a driving club was the best route. I joined NASA Florida. They are meeting at Moroso Sept.2+3. It was $319. for 1 year membership and the Moroso event. You only drive one of the days and the 3rd is the only day w/ a few spots left. Check out drivenasafl.com to register and get filled in on the details. I haven't looked into a hotel yet but if there is interest, I'll let you know what I find for lodging. Hope to see some of you there. All you need is a helmet!!!

dannystang
08-18-06, 03:53 PM
Hello everyone,
A few weeks back there was a post about S.Fla. V owners meeting up. We talked about renting Moroso. After the research it seemed joining a driving club was the best route. I joined NASA Florida. They are meeting at Moroso Sept.2+3. It was $319. for 1 year membership and the Moroso event. You only drive one of the days and the 3rd is the only day w/ a few spots left. Check out drivenasafl.com to register and get filled in on the details. I haven't looked into a hotel yet but if there is interest, I'll let you know what I find for lodging. Hope to see some of you there. All you need is a helmet!!!

Hey V love I joined Nasa also!

I heard from really good pros tho Moroso is NOT where u want to throw the V around. Waiting for Sebring HPDE 1 :)

OCT 14-15

Anyhow I think that one is next month so see you there?

nikon
08-18-06, 04:03 PM
any special liscence??? are you racing solo? or other drivers on the track as well.

V-Love
08-19-06, 01:25 AM
any special liscence??? are you racing solo? or other drivers on the track as well.

No special license required. You drive w/ an instuctor. Check the drivenasafl.com site. They tell everything. There are four classes of HPDE driving(i forget what it stands for). I am a first timer at this so I am in HPDE1. As you go to events and improve, you move up levels and eventually can drive w/ others and pass(i think). I am pumped to try it out.

Dannystang, whats wrong w/ Moroso? It looks challenging. Is the surface shitty or something? I hope to hit sebring as well. I will definetely be at all homestead events. Now where do I get a camera set up for my car to record my first professional driving instruction. I may get some good footage.

dannystang
08-19-06, 12:22 PM
No special license required. You drive w/ an instuctor. Check the drivenasafl.com site. They tell everything. There are four classes of HPDE driving(i forget what it stands for). I am a first timer at this so I am in HPDE1. As you go to events and improve, you move up levels and eventually can drive w/ others and pass(i think). I am pumped to try it out.

Dannystang, whats wrong w/ Moroso? It looks challenging. Is the surface shitty or something? I hope to hit sebring as well. I will definetely be at all homestead events. Now where do I get a camera set up for my car to record my first professional driving instruction. I may get some good footage.

From what I understand there isn't much run off, so you get V into wall syndrome. Atleast as a starter track I heard not so good, if your a HPDE 3 or 4 Im sure less chance of messing up the V.

Definately be at sebring besides its only a few minutes away from you no?

V-Love
08-19-06, 10:02 PM
Sebring is on my list too. Check out the event on Dec 30. Looks like fun.

csp3000
08-20-06, 10:15 PM
I'm deff going to the one at Moroso but I also want to go to Sebring:thumbsup: Hey V-Love are you going to drive on the 3rd day? I am going to call tomorrow to get reg.:thumbsup:

V-Love
08-20-06, 11:21 PM
I drive on Sunday the 3rd. I don't know whats around up there but I'm stayin Sunday night. No hotel yet. Moroso recommends a few.

csp3000
08-22-06, 10:07 AM
Hey nikon are you going on 3rd? I just reg so I'm in:thumbsup: