: Help me pease

smoey847
08-17-06, 06:56 PM
Hello everyone!
I live in the Nashville, TN and have been trying to find an STS in my price range for a while. I was wondering if you guys could help me... Ok. I want a 2005 WHITE DIAMOND V8. Lux Performance package. Navigation. Bose 15 speakers. Mag ride. Mogogany on steering wheel. Moon Roof. All for under $35,000. It would be REALLY great if you guys and gals can help me. It doesn't matter where it's at. PLEASE HELP ME! I really want to join all of the extremely happy owners! Thank you so much!

c5 rv
08-17-06, 08:04 PM
Welcome! Your best bet would be to wait until fall and try to buy a certified pre-owned off-lease car. You may have to pay a bit more, but the 6/100 warranty is worth it. Also, GMAC offers low rate financing on CPOs every few months. Good luck. If my truck sells this fall, I may do the same.

malatu
08-18-06, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone!
I live in the Nashville, TN and have been trying to find an STS in my price range for a while. I was wondering if you guys could help me... Ok. I want a 2005 WHITE DIAMOND V8. Lux Performance package. Navigation. Bose 15 speakers. Mag ride. Mogogany on steering wheel. Moon Roof. All for under $35,000. It would be REALLY great if you guys and gals can help me. It doesn't matter where it's at. PLEASE HELP ME! I really want to join all of the extremely happy owners! Thank you so much!

Go to ebay and look at dealer's "buy it now price". That would be a good start.

Benjamin Simon
08-18-06, 11:05 PM
I saw one (Not white) last week for $30K on ebay. I will buy mine on ebay this time next year!
I think you can do $30K.

AllWheelEric
08-19-06, 12:36 PM
I bought my STS used and also had some very particular requirements. My advice... Use both AutoTrader and eBay. The wood steering wheel is usually visible in pictures and confirms the 1SG package.

I don't believe there are as many GM executives as there are "executive driven" cars, so assume the car is a retail test-driver, service loaner, or a buyback and bid accordingly. I'm sure you know this, but a title search is cheap and virtually mandatory these days. I had my car inspected remotely for about $100 before making the 5-hour drive to pick it up.

smoey847
08-19-06, 01:04 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I just missed one up in Michigan exactly how I wanted it for $33,500. It almost made me sick:rant2: I really love this car, and I want the most desirable color of white diamond. Right now, I have a 2000 Cashmere Deville. It's a great car, but I'm ready for something a little sportier without the float. I have test driven a black one, without the 1SG package, but didn't get much time to observe the car for the worrisome dealer. From your experiences, what do you think will be some of my most noticeable differences between the Deville and the STS?

c5 rv
08-19-06, 06:36 PM
Differences from a DeVille (IMO):

- The cockpit will feel smaller

- Less rear seat legroom

- Less trunk space

- Better handling, especially in the turns

- Firmer seats

- Fewer rattles with an overall tighter feel.

malatu
08-20-06, 09:50 PM
I bought my STS used and also had some very particular requirements. My advice... Use both AutoTrader and eBay. The wood steering wheel is usually visible in pictures and confirms the 1SG package.

I don't believe there are as many GM executives as there are "executive driven" cars, so assume the car is a retail test-driver, service loaner, or a buyback and bid accordingly. I'm sure you know this, but a title search is cheap and virtually mandatory these days. I had my car inspected remotely for about $100 before making the 5-hour drive to pick it up.

What do you mean by "inspected remotely"?

AllWheelEric
08-21-06, 11:55 AM
There are services that will inspect the car for collision damage, test drive it, etc. The service I used went to see the car and sent photos and a PDF report in less than 24 hours. They pointed out the most minute paint chips. One of the valuable things they do (though it can't be 100% guaranteed) is look for smoker evidence. You can't trust the seller on this item. The inspector found no evidence, and neither did I. The car smells wonderful.

On a humorous note, one checklist item is to count the stereo speakers. The inspector gave up after 8 (there are 15, but I don't know if I could find them all either). Anyway, you do have to take the report with a grain of salt, but I was very happy.

I found the service through eBay, but the car doesn't have to be for sale on eBay (mine was not).

eBay Motors - Car and Truck Inspections (http://pages.ebay.com/motors/services/inspection/inspection.html)

smoey847
08-27-06, 12:09 AM
Well, yesterday, while browsing through eBay, I noticed the car I mentioned before in Michigan on there. I couldn't believe it. I called and turns out the person who tried to buy it couldn't pay for it or such... So, I am heading up to Michigan tomorrow morning to pick up this beauty. Just payed it in full...
-2005 STS, V8 Luxury Performance

Tell me what you think: eBay Motors: Cadillac : STS (item 300021349368 end time Aug-26-06 10:13:13 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=300021349368&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT)

urbanski
08-27-06, 06:30 AM
wow what a beauty!!
congrats!!

c5 rv
08-27-06, 06:52 AM
Congrats on your new ride. I hope everything works out OK when you pick it up.

TSS
08-27-06, 09:16 AM
Very nice options and color combo. Congrats.