: should i buy the "PINION SUPPORT BRACE"

1QUICKV
08-17-06, 07:56 PM
yes or no.. do yopu guys see a difference?

ahahnu
08-17-06, 08:45 PM
Get the Kars Stage III with the pinion brace. Big difference.

1QUICKV
08-17-06, 09:01 PM
i think that would be to much, i think that would be over kill for me... i dont race it hard... but other wise i would

GT04CTS-V
08-17-06, 09:50 PM
I had the pinion support brace on my V. I ended up taking it off cause it transmitted too much diff noise into the cabin.

GT

keeksv
08-18-06, 12:58 PM
I had the pinion support brace on my V. I ended up taking it off cause it transmitted too much diff noise into the cabin.

GT
Mine is still on the car...not sure how much good it does, but yeah, get ready for some additional gear whine if you do decide to put it on....
This has been beaten to death elsewhere on the forum in the past.

1QUICKV
08-19-06, 12:35 PM
thanks thats good to know. but what other choice do i have i hate to replace the front bushing again......

ahahnu
08-19-06, 01:53 PM
I thought it would be over kill, then I drove it. Then had to take it off. Once it was off I realized how much extra traction you gain from it. It does transfer more noise in the cabin then I care for, but it is worth it for me. You do what you want. I am just trying to give valuable experience that I have gained from having the kit. I also laid my first set of lines the other day. Really impressive if I do say so. Two, equal, long with a slight tail at the end.

1QUICKV
08-28-06, 07:40 PM
i got it and its a different feeling altogether. and it was a bic#$ to put on... like eveyone else said: "i too really don't no if it helps or if it don't help"

Imperator
08-28-06, 10:36 PM
I had it on my car for a couple months, then took it off due to gear whine on deceleration. To me, it didn't seem to help much at all... wheel hop was still there, and I never thought the additional bracing helped much to control the pinion angle, especially mounted at the snub of the differential like it does. It's a relatively inexpensive mod, but I don't really think it's as effective as it should be.

As you've probably noticed, without any additional support, you have to keep an eye on the bolt at the pinion support. My dealer has re-torqued this bolt and the four cradle bolts twice already this year. The KARS should do a much better job at controlling the pinion angle and reducing the self-destructing wheelhop. I'm about to install the Specter bushings in hopes of reducing wheelhop without transmitting extra road noise into the cabin.

1QUICKV
08-29-06, 01:05 AM
i believed that the KARS kit would be over kill for me and i don't really want to dump a lot of money into a car that i really don't plan on keeping too long.... i feel as there is less play when you come off the gas and get back into it. road noise is just one thing we all have to deal with, no matter what mod we do.