: My D3 experience in a nut shell

lagier
08-17-06, 12:16 AM
Well, after my dealership paid D3 13 weeks ago. I have finally received all my parts... I think.
The D3 front bumper in this picture has a chrome border/edge around the grille. My didn't come with it.
I have sent them an email to see if it was over looked or if it really doesn't come with it.
I'm sure hoping it does because it seems like it would look silly without it.
If that's the case, my only chrome piece around the grille would be the top horizontal piece on the hood.

I will let everyone know how the final build goes and share my experience with D3.

Edited by Administrator. Image is too large and stretches out the screen. Please click the link below to see the image.
http://home.comcast.net/~lagier/IMG_0422.jpg

lagier
08-17-06, 11:27 AM
Well, I guess it doesn't come with the chrome strip/border per D3 as they sold me with their picture.
I have seen them sell me one thing and deliver another. For those considering D3 products, you may
want to wait until they get their act together. When I have time I will go through and post all my
notes and conversation through this entire experience.

I sure hope it looks good! I am hoping it is worth it!

lagier
08-29-06, 07:24 PM
Hello everyone,

I purchased the D3 exterior package back in mid-May this year. I thought I would share my experience I have had with D3. I'm not trying to bash them, but I do feel it is important to accurately share my experience with everyone. I think we can all agree that everyone wants D3 to succeed.

Maybe when I have time, I'll submit some pictures, quotes, timelines, emails, etc... but for now in a nut shell...

I finally received ALL my parts after waiting 3 and a half months for the body kit, wheels, lowering kit, etc...

Lowering kit arrives with euro lights. After another week, the wheels arrive. Body shop (high-end body shop dealing in ferrari's, etc...). Body shop puts lowering kit on and lights. Wheels get put on and *&(^%*%$^# the wheels don't fit. D3 takes responsibility, but under their breathe it's Giovanna's fault.

I call James to let him know they don't fit and also mention to him that I felt he should know that they shipped my $6,000 wheels shrink-wrapped on a pallet "all stacked one-on-top of the other" with NO protection in between the wheels. Geeeez, that's not too cool!

Also, when they arrived, the rear tires were smaller than what I ordered. The invoice says 295/25's. D3 stretched a 285/30 size tire on my wheel. It looked silly. I asked them about it and they said that Toyo doesn't make that size tire. Well, why did you sell it to me? You're the expert. After I told them that I was offended and it seemed like they didn't care about me as their customer, they were nice enough to upgrade me to Pirelli's, which does make that size tire. Okay, I'm good with that.

BUT...

It takes another 4 weeks to get the wheels fixed and shipped back. By this time I still do not have my body kit yet.

Finally on August 18th, I get every piece I purchased. We put the wheels on and we are still having problems. They are sticking outside the fenders. In fact, the driver front is sticking out slightly more than the passenger side wheel. **^#$#&$#

Then, the body shop (please keep in mind these guys are the best around) starts looking at all the pieces getting ready to start my project. The side skirts have more waves on it than the best beaches in Hawaii!!! He tells me that once he puts them on the car next to the straight door lines that they will be very noticeable. AND, the vents on the sides of the side skirts... they were hand cut and all four of them are different sizes. They all have slightly different shapes!!! I look down the side of the side skirts (like a piece of lumber) and notice all the waves AND it's sort of twisted, too!!

Also, the front bumper I received had two little square holes for the headlight cleaners. My car doesn't have them. I tell D3 about it and their solution is to send me the two little squares to plug it. That doesn't sound like the perfectionist's I thought they would be. The body shop guy says that those square plugs have to be perfect to fit and look right. I ask him if he can just go over it with fiberglass and make it one piece. D3 says "great!". I'm thinking "should I have to pay the extra cost for the body shop to fill it when I should have gotten the correct front bumper in the first place???

The original cost of the installation of the body kit was about $2000. Now, to make the kit look right ( I mean c'mon, it's a Cadillac for God's sake) it's going to cost me a total of $4, 000. So, I need to pay extra to fix all the imperfections in the D3 kit by having them bondo the side skirts, fill the square holes, clean up the vents on side skirts, etc... Probably an extra 40-50 hours of work.

They sold me on a picture with a full back bumper in May. I think everyone has seen the pic of the silver D3 STS on the street scene. When I asked them about why I didn't see the difference between the stock rear bumper and the D3 rear bumper, they said that the wheel lines matched the side skirts. Okay, that's when I decided to buy my STS and the D3 package. Now they send me two pieces for the back bumper. Not cool! Also, those pieces are not the same thickness everywhere so it looks a little wavy against the bumper!

D3 states... "they are to be considered world class. They are to rival AMG, Brabus, etc...

I am very sorry to say... I don't think so! Maybe down the road... I hope.

I don't think it's fair.

I have asked my Cadillac dealership for a full refund. Someone's giving me my $11,600 back!

Shoot, I purchased the STS because of the D3 products. I would have purchased the STSV if I had known!

FlyFlip420
08-29-06, 07:29 PM
You bought it from your dealership?? You spent almost $12,000 on an exterior package?? What car do you have?

Kaliwest84
08-29-06, 07:33 PM
lol i dont think D3's going to be as big as AMG and Brabus and what not...thas a buncha BS..but everything you said righ their is probably gonna make most of us worry now, cuz I thought D3 would bring out some quality stuff..especially from the looks of the pics for the STS

pmpott
08-29-06, 08:08 PM
Vanessa Kensington: That's you in a nutshell.

Austin Powers: No, this is me in a nutshell: "Help! I'm in a nutshell! How did I get into this bloody great big nutshell? What kind of shell has a nut like this?"

lagier
08-29-06, 08:09 PM
You bought it from your dealership?? You spent almost $12,000 on an exterior package?? What car do you have?

It included the Trento 5's from Giovanna which was about 6K. Yes, I purchased it through the dealership. They cut the check to D3 so I financed it.

I purchased the STS V8 with the luxury package, blk on blk.

D3's cars look nice. I think we can all agree on that, but if someone purchases it and sends it to any body shop that will do the work, it will most likely look terrible. Most shops would probably throw it on and take the money. I think they (D3) have put a lot of work into their own cars to make the kit look nice. More than I think the average person would want to put in or pay for. It will be interesting how the installation process will be if they go through the dealership's service dept.

I DO want D3 to succeed, but enough is enough. I had to let people know what's going on.

FlyFlip420
08-29-06, 08:20 PM
I agree one hundred percent!! The problem with body kits, and Im not trying to make excuses, is that they all come in horrible shape. Yours may be worse than most, but they never are good and the shop has to put lots of time into them. Its ridiculous, but true........Im sure it looks tight, cant wait for the pics!!!! Did you take any pics of the materials in there wavy form? Im surprised the dealer took this on, and didnt put it on, cuz now they have to warranty it and deal with any problems :D like you getting your money back....post some pics....cant wait

lagier
08-29-06, 08:51 PM
I agree one hundred percent!! The problem with body kits, and Im not trying to make excuses, is that they all come in horrible shape. Yours may be worse than most, but they never are good and the shop has to put lots of time into them. Its ridiculous, but true........Im sure it looks tight, cant wait for the pics!!!! Did you take any pics of the materials in there wavy form? Im surprised the dealer took this on, and didnt put it on, cuz now they have to warranty it and deal with any problems :D like you getting your money back....post some pics....cant wait

I do have some pics. Sometimes it is hard to see the detail from pictures. The side skirt vents will be easy to see. Tomorrow I am inviting the Cadillac General Manager to the body shop to take a first hand look at it. I will be snapping more pics too.

Dr. Design
08-29-06, 10:21 PM
Hello,
We have little to no interest in a protracted public debate over the forums regarding a situation like this. However, there is certainly need for clarification here (in the CTS forum?). Since you have elected to communicate in this manner, we are forced in this venue to defend ourselves so our clientele base has a clear understanding of how we do business, and how we stand by our customers.

Giovanna wheels –
Against our discretion we submitted the order to Giovanna for your wheels, yet at your insistence you persisted to go with the Giovanna wheels rather than letting us supply you with something else. From our past experiences with Giovanna we suggested that you choose something other then Giovanna's. While they had all the specs and measurements based off of prior vehicle (Cadillac STS 2006) we did with them, and after an exceedingly long time when we received them they had the incorrect offset! Granted, we assumed some responsibility by reason of, we did not physically check them prior to shipment. Therefore immediately we took the position to pay for the return shipment of the wheel and tire assemblies. Additionally we even upgraded your tires from Toyo, to Pirelli P-Zero’s (at $1600 retail!!) to compensate you for your wait and any inconvenience. As for the shipment of the wheels, we utilized an industrial strength bubble protector between every wheel, and the wheels were shrink-wrapped to the pallet to ensure a damage free shipment. Besides, we find it ironic that this complaint was never expressed after you received the wheels the second time, other than the rear center caps were in need of a slight modification (breaking of the tabs, as per the advice of Giovanna customer service department) to allow the caps to fit flush against the center portion of the rim. Further we have had no residual indication of the existence of a problem. Prior to the shipment of you Giovanna wheels we test fit the wheels here (on a 2006 Cadillac STS) before they left, everything fit and measured correctly.

Exterior Enhancement Package –
Yes, there was a wait. But the customer was informed of a production delay. We had a few material supply issues and wanted to make sure our customers received the highest quality product available. We would not ship a product as erroneously described by the customer like that, leave our facility that did not meet our manufacturing standards. Unfortunately that required this customer to wait for this type of quality control. Our policy is to ensure quality prior to shipping the products. If there is a wait then so be it, but the products will be correct. Furthermore regarding the "quality" of our products. We must point out that Cadillac dealerships require our products to meet a certain OE like standard, in which all of our products meet and or exceed! There’s a common understanding that it is necessary to perform preparation work on any paintable items, period. The mold(s) for the side skirts are mirror images of one another, and were created exactly the same way, including slots or vents. Bottom line our products continue to receive praise, awards, and plaques from many customers including General Motors and the Cadillac brand, including quality, fit, finish, and design.

Front Fascia –
The customers vehicle was not equipped with the headlight washer option. The "square plugs" that he refereed to are commonly known as the factory washer doors. We offered to provide the factory washer doors to you, free of charge to put in place of the spaces that they are intended for. These are the exact same "square plugs" the car comes with if you have that option. The customer, decided to fill them in. Unfortunately we do not produce two different bumpers for STS’s that have that option, and those that don’t. Our solution was to offer the factory doors as an alternative to the situation.

Rear Bumper Upgrade –
We already indicated that there was no such thing as a replacement rear bumper that we offered. The original design called for rear bumper add on's. That is exactly what was delivered. We also recall that he indicated that we owed him a rear decklid spoiler, when in fact that was not an option that he choose from the dealership when purchasing his STS. Yet, he still persisted that we were to provide him with a rear deck lid spoiler that we don't even offer!

We hope that our counter point has help dispel and erase any misconceptions that one might have about our organization. Please note that our intentions are to provide the best possible products for Cadillac vehicles for many years to come. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Sincerely,

D3 Management

Hello everyone,

I purchased the D3 exterior package back in mid-May this year. I thought I would share my experience I have had with D3. I'm not trying to bash them, but I do feel it is important to accurately share my experience with everyone. I think we can all agree that everyone wants D3 to succeed.

Maybe when I have time, I'll submit some pictures, quotes, timelines, emails, etc... but for now in a nut shell...

I finally received ALL my parts after waiting 3 and a half months for the body kit, wheels, lowering kit, etc...

Lowering kit arrives with euro lights. After another week, the wheels arrive. Body shop (high-end body shop dealing in ferrari's, etc...). Body shop puts lowering kit on and lights. Wheels get put on and *&(^%*%$^# the wheels don't fit. D3 takes responsibility, but under their breathe it's Giovanna's fault.

I call James to let him know they don't fit and also mention to him that I felt he should know that they shipped my $6,000 wheels shrink-wrapped on a pallett "all stacked one-on-top of the other" with NO protection in between the wheels. Geeeez, that's not too cool!

Also, when they arrived, the rear tires were smaller than what I ordered. The invoice says 295/25's. D3 stretched a 285 size tire on my wheel. It looked silly. I asked them about it and they said that Toyo doesn't make that size tire. Well, why did you sell it to me? You're the expert. After I told them that I was offended and it seemed like they didn't care about me as their customer, they were nice enough to upgrade me to Pirelli's, which does make that size tire. Okay, I'm good with that.

BUT...

It takes another 4 weeks to get the wheels fixed and shipped back. By this time I still do not have my body kit yet.

Finally on August 18th, I get every piece I purchased. We put the wheels on and we are still having problems. They are sticking outside the fenders. In fact, the driver front is sticking out slightly more than the passenger side wheel. **^#$#&$#

Then, the body shop (please keep in mind these guys are the best around) starts looking at all the pieces getting ready to start my project. The side skirts have more waves on it than the best beaches in Hawaii!!! He tells me that once he puts them on the car next to the straight door lines that they will be very noticeable. AND, the vents on the sides of the side skirts... they were hand cut and all four of them are different sizes. They all have slightly different shapes!!! I look down the side of the side skirts (like a piece of lumber) and notice all the waves AND it's sort of twisted, too!!

Also, the front bumper I received had two little square holes for the headlight cleaners. My car doesn't have them. I tell D3 about it and their solution is to send me the two little squares to plug it. That doesn't sound like the perfectionist's I thought they would be. The body shop guy says that those square plugs have to be perfect to fit and look right. I ask him if he can just go over it with fiberglass and make it one piece. D3 says "great!". I'm thinking "should I have to pay the extra cost for the body shop to fill it when I should have gotten the correct front bumper in the first place???

The original cost of the installation of the body kit was about $2000. Now, to make the kit look right ( I mean c'mon, it's a Cadillac for God's sake) it's going to cost me a total of $4, 000. So, I need to pay extra to fix all the imperfections in the D3 kit by having them bondo the side skirts, fill the square holes, clean up the vents on side skirts, etc... Probably an extra 40-50 hours of work.

They sold me on a picture with a full back bumper in May. Now they send me two pieces for the back bumper. Not cool! Also, those pieces are not the same thickness everywhere so it looks a little wavy against the bumper!

D3 states... "they are to be considered world class. They are to rival AMG, Brabus, etc...

I am very sorry to say... I don't think so! Maybe down the road... I hope.

I don't think it's fair.

I have asked my Cadillac dealership for a full refund. Someone's giving me my $11,600 back!

FlyFlip420
08-29-06, 10:38 PM
Well said.........I myself have bought a few different ground effect packages and they ALL have required work. Good to hear both sides :) Just dont think were letting you off the hook doc.....we still want our CTS stuff yesterday!!! :D Im extremely excited about the front bumper :D :D So quit responding to these threads and finish it already...........just kiddin....oh and by the way.....I know you have heard this before...but I would love to beta test that front end for ya :D papapapapaplease doc

lagier
08-30-06, 12:09 AM
Dear D3 Management:

Oh, by the way... who is D3 management? They never once contacted me before this. Only when I called and James wasn't available (once or twice) did I speak to a manager. I WILL say that you folks never dodged my calls and I did appreciate that.

Your quote about me going against your discretion on the Giovanna wheels is a complete lie. I just lost all respect for you and your company. That's sad. I just saw the Silver STS you were plugging here (in May) and I wanted a vehicle just like it... that's all.

I'm curious... is an upgrade from Toyo's to Pirellis really a $1600 upgrade? I mean... would I have paid an extra $1600 if I had originally ordered Pirellis? $400 per tire??? Wow, if that's the case, I really appreciate it. I didn't realize you bent over so far backwards for me. Thanks!

"D3333-Since you have elected to communicate in this manner, we are forced in this venue to defend ourselves so our clientele base has a clear understanding of how we do business, and how we stand by our customers. D3333"

Stand by your customers, eh? I asked for a 15% discount to help pay for the increased body shop fees and D3 scoffed at me.

D3333-Besides, we find it ironic that this complaint was never expressed after you received the wheels the second time, D3333

Ironic??? Second time??? Huh? The second time it was delivered perfectly. Boxed-up, bubble wrapped, etc.. It was the first time that I had a problem with.

D333- Prior to the shipment of you Giovanna wheels we test fit the wheels here (on a 2006 Cadillac STS) before they left, everything fit and measured correctly.D333

Nothing a picture won't clear up.

D3 goes on about the rear bumper. I will solve this quickly... I will be posting my invoice that clearly states "rear bumper". And, the pictures James sent to me when we orginally spoke shows a rear bumper. It wasn't until the July D3 Meet that most all of us on the forum realized that the rear bumper was two pieces. As far as the rear decklid spoiler... I never said you owed it to me. I just asked if I was getting that piece. That's all. Again, I go back to the original picture of the Silver STS. It has it. Once you explained it to me, I dropped it.

CTS forum? This is a D3 thread, not an STS thread. I'm curious if you'll be able to convince the moderator (which I am betting you are trying to do) to delete it.
WELL, too late! Everything has been moved to the sts forum. There isn't even a "moved" tag on the other message boards either. CENSORSHIP!!!

Please do not make things up. I promise you that if you do, I will get precise on my quotes and dates, pictures, etc... and give a very detailed explanation of everything that has happened. I really don't want to.

Question... are your side skirt vents cut by hand? Again, nothing a picture won't clear up

Lastly, you state at the end of your message D3333-"We hope that our counter point has help dispel and erase any misconceptions that one might have about our organization.D3333

Are you saying that I am giving misconceptions?

You really don't want me to get detailed with facts.

When do I get my money back?

My last post on the subject.
The end.

Hello,
We have little to no interest in a protracted public debate over the forums regarding a situation like this. However, there is certainly need for clarification here (in the CTS forum?). Since you have elected to communicate in this manner, we are forced in this venue to defend ourselves so our clientele base has a clear understanding of how we do business, and how we stand by our customers.

Giovanna wheels –
Against our discretion we submitted the order to Giovanna for your wheels, yet at your insistence you persisted to go with the Giovanna wheels rather than letting us supply you with something else. From our past experiences with Giovanna we suggested that you choose something other then Giovanna's. While they had all the specs and measurements based off of prior vehicle (Cadillac STS 2006) we did with them, and after an exceedingly long time when we received them they had the incorrect offset! Granted, we assumed some responsibility by reason of, we did not physically check them prior to shipment. Therefore immediately we took the position to pay for the return shipment of the wheel and tire assemblies. Additionally we even upgraded your tires from Toyo, to Pirelli P-Zero’s (at $1600 retail!!) to compensate you for your wait and any inconvenience. As for the shipment of the wheels, we utilized an industrial strength bubble protector between every wheel, and the wheels were shrink-wrapped to the pallet to ensure a damage free shipment. Besides, we find it ironic that this complaint was never expressed after you received the wheels the second time, other than the rear center caps were in need of a slight modification (breaking of the tabs, as per the advice of Giovanna customer service department) to allow the caps to fit flush against the center portion of the rim. Further we have had no residual indication of the existence of a problem. Prior to the shipment of you Giovanna wheels we test fit the wheels here (on a 2006 Cadillac STS) before they left, everything fit and measured correctly.

Exterior Enhancement Package –
Yes, there was a wait. But the customer was informed of a production delay. We had a few material supply issues and wanted to make sure our customers received the highest quality product available. We would not ship a product as erroneously described by the customer like that, leave our facility that did not meet our manufacturing standards. Unfortunately that required this customer to wait for this type of quality control. Our policy is to ensure quality prior to shipping the products. If there is a wait then so be it, but the products will be correct. Furthermore regarding the "quality" of our products. We must point out that Cadillac dealerships require our products to meet a certain OE like standard, in which all of our products meet and or exceed! There’s a common understanding that it is necessary to perform preparation work on any paintable items, period. The mold(s) for the side skirts are mirror images of one another, and were created exactly the same way, including slots or vents. Bottom line our products continue to receive praise, awards, and plaques from many customers including General Motors and the Cadillac brand, including quality, fit, finish, and design.

Front Fascia –
The customers vehicle was not equipped with the headlight washer option. The "square plugs" that he refereed to are commonly known as the factory washer doors. We offered to provide the factory washer doors to you, free of charge to put in place of the spaces that they are intended for. These are the exact same "square plugs" the car comes with if you have that option. The customer, decided to fill them in. Unfortunately we do not produce two different bumpers for STS’s that have that option, and those that don’t. Our solution was to offer the factory doors as an alternative to the situation.

Rear Bumper Upgrade –
We already indicated that there was no such thing as a replacement rear bumper that we offered. The original design called for rear bumper add on's. That is exactly what was delivered. We also recall that he indicated that we owed him a rear decklid spoiler, when in fact that was not an option that he choose from the dealership when purchasing his STS. Yet, he still persisted that we were to provide him with a rear deck lid spoiler that we don't even offer!

We hope that our counter point has help dispel and erase any misconceptions that one might have about our organization. Please note that our intentions are to provide the best possible products for Cadillac vehicles for many years to come. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Sincerely,

D3 Management

Barak
08-30-06, 12:30 AM
Please post pictures and invoices.

Lord Cadillac
08-30-06, 12:35 AM
I can't say I know everything that's happened here thusfar, but it appears to me as if Cadillac played a "middle-man" role here. It also appears to me that D3 and Lagier have never made actual contact with one another. I think now would be a great time for the two of you to discuss this further, off the boards, one-on-one. Otherwise, this is just going to be one of those back and forth discussions that never end with anyone being happy.

...just my two cents... Take 'em or leave 'em...

05stslvr
08-30-06, 02:32 PM
Was gonna get the kit now i am not sure. I guess i will just wait for my wheels to come in for now.

Lord Cadillac
08-30-06, 02:51 PM
Was gonna get the kit now i am not sure. I guess i will just wait for my wheels to come in for now.
If "Cadillac" itself trusts D3, you can too. I'm sure every business has a mishap from time to time (not saying this was a mishap because I don't know the whole situation) but people are more-likely to post messages complaining than offering kudos.. That's just the way it is... I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

lagier
08-30-06, 03:54 PM
The dealership told me that D3 wanted to make things work, so I call Brian at D3. He says he never told the dealership to have me call him. He basically said that all body kits require some preparation work and the new pictures I took are basically wrong. "It's funny how you were holding the rocker panel upside down". HUH? I held it so I could have the light catch some of the waves. I told him that I will see him in court and that I am going to sue for all my money back. He says... We'll see about that.

Oh, the first time I called and asked for him, the phone mysteriously hung-up. I thought it was a mistake, but apparently not.

Then! he goes on to say... "you'll never know who you're talking with".

Sure sounds like a threat to me.

Good thing I'm an experienced sales person over the phone and have good equipment.

The post from "cadillac" above is incorrect. That is not my case. They easily could have had a number 1 fan raving about thier products on here. If you read all my earlier/previous posts, I think you'll see that.

Now that they have decided to continue to treat me like crap, I will be posting all my pics and invoices so everyone has a clear picture of this outfit.

Sorry guys and gals. I know we were all rooting for D3, but I don't think they're what we thought they would be.

I'll post the pics/invoices when I have time.

lagier
08-30-06, 04:03 PM
Here's one small sample pic of the side skirt vents.

I mean c'mon... is it me or does this look like crap?

http://home.comcast.net/~lagier/D3_Cadillac_2.jpg

Do I need to go on? I really don't want to.

CadillacSTS42005
08-30-06, 04:46 PM
crap cough cough cough

Lord Cadillac
08-30-06, 05:55 PM
I can't sit here and watch this "he said, she said" back and forth. The only people who know what was really said during the conversation are you and D3. Please take care of this in United States courts and get back to us with the outcome. From this point on, I'm not allowing either party the possibility of slandering the other. Take the issue to court where it belongs. Tell us what the judge or jury decides when it's over.

Thank you.