: Really sorry to have to say goodbye...

chiro444
08-16-06, 11:35 PM
After a year and a half of the V, I've moved over to an 300c SRT-8. I'm really going to miss this forum, it's probably the best one I've been on for any car. The V was a great car but I always felt it was a ticking time bomb with the driveline. It seems that when I'd try to fix one of it's downfalls, it would present another problem and the worry that if the dealer sees my fix they'll void my warranty. Never had a problem though, thank goodness.

I took off a couple of parts before I traded it in if anyone's interested. The handmade vent knobs that Lastss made and a set of Autovation pedals. I was hoping to sell them together for like $60.

Anyway, you guys take care and hopefully I'll be back when the next gen V comes out.

BBV
08-17-06, 02:24 AM
Too bad.
I wish you much luck, and hope you are not a victim of the long list of, as you put it…. “ticking time bombs”

TSB's: Complete list of all TSBs issued for 2005-2006 LX models - Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums (http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tsb-recall-forum/15480-tsbs-complete-list-all-tsbs-issued-2005-2006-lx-models.html)

trekster
08-17-06, 02:45 AM
Too bad.
I wish you much luck, and hope you are not a victim of the long list of, as you put it…. “ticking time bombs”

TSB's: Complete list of all TSBs issued for 2005-2006 LX models - Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums (http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tsb-recall-forum/15480-tsbs-complete-list-all-tsbs-issued-2005-2006-lx-models.html)

wow!

NIK
08-17-06, 07:51 AM
wow!

The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence - in any case, good luck (seriously.)

MescalVto
08-17-06, 09:29 AM
What finish do you have on those autovation pedals?
+do you have all the necessary mounting hardware as well . . .

Staxxin
08-17-06, 09:53 AM
I already have the pedals but I am interested in the Lasstss knobs. How much? PM or email me staxxin@comcast.net

CTS-V Racing
08-17-06, 10:02 AM
PM sent. :)

thebigjimsho
08-17-06, 10:44 AM
...but I am interested in the Lasstss knobs.C'mon, that's not right!

GOTTSPD
08-17-06, 11:15 AM
I'd like the pedals... PM me for price on just them.

Aresuu
08-17-06, 12:17 PM
My PM this morning about the pedals has a 7:21 time stamp on it.
Hope I was first. :)

v-ape
08-17-06, 01:06 PM
The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence - in any case, good luck (seriously.)

As my coworker always says:

"The grass is brown on both sides of the fence"

CIWS
08-17-06, 01:26 PM
C'mon, that's not right!

You just got out of the joint didn't you.... ;)

AmesCTS-V
08-17-06, 01:33 PM
I'd mention what I think, but we don't need another one of these threads:)

CIWS
08-17-06, 01:56 PM

Glad you posted that because it answered a question I had about the Police versions of the Charger.
I ran across a county sheriff with a brand new one while I was in Oklahoma who was quite proud to say he had the "Intercepter Version" and it was real fast, but he couldn't tell me what kind of engine it had. But a link off of one of those TSB's did. Needless to say the V would outrun everything but his radio :D

https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/fleetcda/CDAController?pageid=443

Kadonny
08-17-06, 02:58 PM
Glad you posted that because it answered a question I had about the Police versions of the Charger.
I ran across a county sheriff with a brand new one while I was in Oklahoma who was quite proud to say he had the "Intercepter Version" and it was real fast, but he couldn't tell me what kind of engine it had. But a link off of one of those TSB's did. Needless to say the V would outrun everything but his radio :D

https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/fleetcda/CDAController?pageid=443

Thread hijack! I just started seeing the Chargers around here, they actually look pretty cool as a police car, but I suspect they are just the R/T versions.

On my way back from Washington DC I did see a police Rustang GT and an 04 GTO police car. Pretty cool.

GreenMachine
08-17-06, 04:19 PM
GM will only void the warranty if:
You used non-oem parts or parts not certified by GM as OEM replacements
In addition to that, they will only void the warranty on the "part" in which you replaced. So lets say you put an aftermarket muffler on it, GM wont cover the muffler, but the company you bought it from will if they offer a warranty.

Chyrsler standard warranty of 3 years/40,000 (I know its 3 years not sure on mileage) miles isn't exactly nice either. My snowblower gets a 3 year warranty, a car should get a bit more.

DILLIGAF
08-17-06, 04:40 PM
Sorry to see you leave,if you join the 300 boards over there tell them cvp33 sent you,they'll treat you right.Don't leave,ok.

Barak
08-17-06, 09:18 PM
In addition to that, they will only void the warranty on the "part" in which you replaced. So lets say you put an aftermarket muffler on it, GM wont cover the muffler, but the company you bought it from will if they offer a warranty.

Apparently you haven't met Larry Marvin.

keeksv
08-18-06, 11:48 AM

Chyrsler standard warranty of 3 years/40,000 (I know its 3 years not sure on mileage) miles isn't exactly nice either. My snowblower gets a 3 year warranty, a car should get a bit more.

Apparently, you haven't met CVP33.

GreenMachine
08-18-06, 12:30 PM
Apparently, you haven't met CVP33.

Apparently you haven't met Larry Marvin.
no I haven't but if the dealer or his regional rep is breaking the warranty off other than like that he should go over that guys head and talk to someone else.

When reading the warranty booklet it states that above. You west coast guys have some bad cadillac representitives, thats for sure.

keeksv
08-18-06, 01:20 PM
CVP33 lives in Virginia, and there are others from the board with similar stories who live in NY and elsewhere in the East.

Good luck, and to quote many of the GM area rep.s discussed on this board "don't drive abusively" whatever the hell that means....

CVP33
08-18-06, 05:54 PM
CVP33 lives in Virginia, and there are others from the board with similar stories who live in NY and elsewhere in the East.

Good luck, and to quote many of the GM area rep.s discussed on this board "don't drive abusively" whatever the hell that means....

I've become the poster child of voided warranties and dealer service threats. Rather than do a re-hash which serves no one I can only share my experience by the numbers.

2 - V's (one 2004, one 2005)
50,000 - Miles
93,000 - Dollars spent
6 - Rear differentials
2 - Transmissions
3 - Navigation screens
1 - Radiator
2 - TSB's (clutch / bushings)
3 - Recalls
1 - Sun Visor
2 - PCMs (Area Service Manager request)
10 - Total service visits
44 - Days out of service

1 - SRT-8 (2006)
46,000 - dollars spent
1 - Service Visit (repair detached body work)
1 - Days out of service
17,500 - trouble free miles

Did I change my driving habits? Absolutely not. I refuse to.

BBV
08-18-06, 09:41 PM
That is a disturbingly long list.

Six diffs?
Two transmissions?

WTF?

The Tremec T56 transmissions have a long history of completing endurance races without issue.

Did I change my driving habits? Absolutely not. I refuse to.

With all due respect.
Of course you have changed your “driving habits”……You no longer have a clutch to dump. Your slushbox and the PCM that controls it insure the power and torque are applied properly to prohibit you from abusing the drivetrain.

The ONLY way you could have possibly managed to destroy so many rear ends, transmissions and clutches was through absolute abuse.

Abuse way beyond what any skilled driver would ever subject any drivetrain to.

I have driven both my V’s hard, very hard and have never broken a thing.

CVP33
08-19-06, 01:37 AM
That is a disturbingly long list.

Six diffs?
Two transmissions?

WTF?

The Tremec T56 transmissions have a long history of completing endurance races without issue.

With all due respect.
Of course you have changed your “driving habits”……You no longer have a clutch to dump. Your slushbox and the PCM that controls it insure the power and torque are applied properly to prohibit you from abusing the drivetrain.

The ONLY way you could have possibly managed to destroy so many rear ends, transmissions and clutches was through absolute abuse.

Abuse way beyond what any skilled driver would ever subject any drivetrain to.

I have driven both my V’s hard, very hard and have never broken a thing.

Since we are posting with "all due respect" I'll try to explain. GM has taken 93,000 of my hard earned dollars and delivered me a car that:

25% of it's owners have visited the service center 5 times or more
22% of it's owners have had their rear differential replaced 1 or more times
31% of it's owners have transmission shifting issues
13% of it's owners would not buy the car again

Where do I get my facts?

CTS-V FAQ: Survey Results: Survey 6 (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/survey/results6.php)

A careful examination of the car yeilds some pretty glaring design flaws in the rear differential and suspension geometry. This causes severe wheel hop and surely shortens the life span. As to the transmission? I'm not sure why 31% of us had problems. I agree that the T-56 is not normally prone to quality issues. But in this application, clearly 31% experiencing shifting issues is a frightening number. If I was truly the victim of two lemons then that's a shame. I find that the survey numbers provide, at least anecdoctal evidence to design flaws effecting more numbers than could be explained by "lemons", "abusive driving" or isolated incidents of failure.

The other failures (radiator, nav screens, pcms, sunvisor) certainly could not be attributed to abusive driving, at least one would hope. And for the record, by 17,326 miles on my 2005 V, I was on my 3rd rear differential, 2nd transmission and had been out of service for 33 days. So these were issues that happened fairly early in my V's duty cycle.

I only offer my facts and experience as a cautionary tale. 25% - 31% of the V owners are having issues with their vehicles and deserve to know they're not alone. They're already being accused by ASM's and Service Centers all over the US of abusive driving like BBV posted above. So being accused of it on the forums is nothing new. They're lemoning their cars, being denied service and having their warranties voided or limited.

I can only say, I'm glad I switched. I'm driving my SRT-8 just as aggressive, if not more so and I've yet to experience a mechanical failure after 17,500 miles. Not one rear differential, not one transmission, not the NAV screen, not the sunvisor, no radiators, no recalls, nothing. Now there is a TSB, that if I want slotted brake rotors, I can have the dealer replace mine free of charge. Wow, imagine that. A car company that stands behind it's owner/enthusiasts rather than accuse them of abusive driving and refuse warranty claims. Who would'a thunk it?

CIWS
08-19-06, 08:54 AM
Where do I get my facts?

CTS-V FAQ: Survey Results: Survey 6 (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/survey/results6.php)

No offense against Reed's surveys, I think they're great to have, however you're quoting a survey and numbers that has 235 respondents out of how many Vs sold since 04, roughly 5-6000 ? I consider those to be more reflective of a small percentage of the owners out there. Now by no means am I saying the V doesn't have issues, like all cars, but I've put 14.5 K on mine and have only paid for tire rotations and oil changes. I've spoke to owners with 35K+ miles and have only bitched about the tires quick wear. It sucks you had many issues between two different Vs, but you are not an average case for whatever the reason(s).

thebigjimsho
08-19-06, 09:21 AM
I can only say, I'm glad I switched. I'm driving my SRT-8 just as aggressive, if not more so and I've yet to experience a mechanical failure after 17,500 miles. Not one rear differential, not one transmission, not the NAV screen, not the sunvisor, no radiators, no recalls, nothing. Now there is a TSB, that if I want slotted brake rotors, I can have the dealer replace mine free of charge. Wow, imagine that. A car company that stands behind it's owner/enthusiasts rather than accuse them of abusive driving and refuse warranty claims. Who would'a thunk it?It's a conspiracy! And it worked, I tell ya! Now...we just need to talk to Sal and Reed and we'll be alllllllll set. muahahahahahaha:stirpot:

mryan
08-19-06, 09:44 AM
No offense against Reed's surveys, I think they're great to have, however you're quoting a survey and numbers that has 235 respondents out of how many Vs sold since 04, roughly 5-6000 ? I consider those to be more reflective of a small percentage of the owners out there. Now by no means am I saying the V doesn't have issues, like all cars, but I've put 14.5 K on mine and have only paid for tire rotations and oil changes. I've spoke to owners with 35K+ miles and have only bitched about the tires quick wear. It sucks you had many issues between two different Vs, but you are not an average case for whatever the reason(s).

I agree, my 2005 V is 2 yrs young next month (corsa, lpe intake, and dte tune) and I have yet to have any warranty issue at all. I did replace f1s with rsa at 6500 miles. There are lots of V owners that drive these cars without problems.

CVP33
08-19-06, 05:59 PM
Oh thank god it's just me! I was just beginning to feel sorry for the other V owners with rear differential, NAV screen, transmission and radiator problems. Glad to hear I'm an isolated incident, thus clearing GM of any liability with regard to failures in these areas. Carry on gents and as always, happy to take one, or in this case two V's for the TEAM! :thumbsup:

ctsvinman
08-20-06, 10:12 AM
For the record, and I've said this before somewhere in my late night forum addiction after the family goes to bed, I've had very good luck with my V.

It now has clicked over 30k miles, it's a 2005. Very recently I developed a clunk when putting car in gear or shifting or basically putting a load on it. I new it was not the rear end, but something in the right side suspension. The dealer replaced all the bushings and the car drives and hooks up better than new. I'll go POST the part numbers in a new post.

My Driving Habits:
Hmmmm, lets just say I'm an aggressive driver and bought a 400HP 6-speed car that handles like a champ for a reason. I'm not into laying rubber with my caddy, I have the 70 Buick 455 Stage1 GSX for that....:bouncy: But, I have shifted aggresively, launched hard during some stop light situations where someone tries to get to the on-ramp before me..... :tisk: . Bottom line, I have been very happy with my V, call it Lucky... but Like I always say....Uncle Lucky is my favorite Uncle.

Would I buy a 2007 V or the new 2008 body style once my lease is up next year (in 11months).... Yes, but might not. Only reason I say that, I drive quite a bit in traffic situations and there are those days I can't stand shifting while in stop n go traffic. If I didn't get another V, I would get an SRT8 Charger for sure. No offense 300C guys, I just don't like that 300 body style. PLus the 300C is a little too mature looking for me, I'm a 38 year old with a 3rd grade mentality.:rolleyes:

L8
VinMan out.......

ctsvinman
08-20-06, 10:18 AM
I meant to list my dealer visits and days out of service.

Besides the oil changes I paid for, I've had only 2 service visits. The first.... I can't remember what it was for, I think I had a late day oil change and the sercice guy said we have some TSB things to do to the car and can't get them done today, so here's a loaner. 1-day without V.

The other was the last visit where they replaced the rear bushings, dropped the car off on a Thursday mid day, picked it up the following Tuesday. They had to order parts and they didn't arrive until Monday. My dealer has a great loaner car deal, no hassles and by the time you're done with the check-in-the-V paper work, the loaner is waiting outside for you.