: Not So Great Pics on New Engine Bling...

thebigjimsho
08-16-06, 10:16 PM
Please forgive me for getting these crappy night pics. Without natural light the plenum cover just shines way too much to get a great result. Add the hassle of installing FRCs I had to modify to fit with the greasy hand prints to boot!

In the next few days, I'll clean the engine bay, the covers and the plenum cover up and get good daytime pics. In the meantime...enjoy.

And don't forget the rep points!

BigFred
08-16-06, 10:33 PM
Looks good, showcar-ish; like there's an exotic V-12 under there.

StealthV
08-16-06, 10:39 PM
Points for using the word bling in a sentence. :highfive:

rbrown81
08-16-06, 11:20 PM
Please forgive me for getting these crappy night pics. Without natural light the plenum cover just shines way too much to get a great result. Add the hassle of installing FRCs I had to modify to fit with the greasy hand prints to boot!

In the next few days, I'll clean the engine bay, the covers and the plenum cover up and get good daytime pics. In the meantime...enjoy.

Love the cylinder head covers, but Im not too crazy about the intake manifold cover. It might look cleaner if you ditch it and just show off the black plenum.

Kudos to you though :worship:

dvandentop
08-17-06, 12:03 AM
looking good manG!

rand49er
08-17-06, 05:07 AM
Hey, bigjim, does your battery cover have a "flaw" on the top of it? Mine has had sort of melted spot, like something hot was put there the size of a half dollar, since day one. It's sorta like negative bling.

thebigjimsho
08-17-06, 06:52 AM
Yeah, I don't think it's a melted spot. It looks like a hole for a power meter indicator on some batteries.

The polished cover looks more impressive on the Vette it was designed for because the back of the LS6 in the Vette tucks up under the firewall. Plus, it seems the wiring harness runs a little different from Vette to V because I had to slightly mod the cover.

As for going sans plenum cover, it doesn't look right bare next to the glossy black FRCs. The dull black intake would look fine with the red FRCs or most other custom colors, but next to glossy black, it looks dirty.

RidingLow
08-17-06, 08:19 AM
It looks great. :worship:

Where did you buy the plenum cover from? Cost?

thebigjimsho
08-17-06, 09:14 AM
Just clicky on this linky.

PFYC: Under Hood Appearance (http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Store_Code=PFYC&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=VTUNDERA)

1QUICKV
08-17-06, 09:03 PM
it looks good and i will say thats what money buys.....

thebigjimsho
08-17-06, 09:06 PM
Thank you sir! And when I'm replenished, positive points for you!