: NEW Wrecked V avaialbe. Parts

Rickerbucks
08-16-06, 04:39 PM
Guys

My local GM dealership has had to write off a 2005 V that was wrecked during a test drive. They are self insured so its sitting at their storage lot. Its mostly front end damage but I gather it is not repairable and they are going to probably sell it for salvage. (I have not yet seen it)

I'm wondering out loud if it is worth while to pick up the car and part out myself.

I do not have any immediate need for parts myself outside of a spare wheel and possibly as reaer bumper. You would think an LS6 Drivetrain has a value to it. In fact before this I saw an article on them dropping an LS2 into a Solstice and thought that would be a fun project for the future.

Do you think there is enough demand for other parts though to justify buying a parts car? Probably not. Most cars are still under warranty. What about the CTS upgrade crowd. I know that some like to buy the V exhaust but any other parts appeal to them?

urbanski
08-16-06, 04:47 PM
maybe but what a pain for you...being the "broker" for all the tear down.
if she's ebony interior, i'll but some trim bits :)

BadCad
08-16-06, 04:58 PM
PM sent...

Jon
08-16-06, 05:09 PM
What colour is it? I might be interested in a few parts...

rand49er
08-16-06, 05:11 PM
Make a list of the components most likely to be in need by us/others. Put a dollar figure next to them and ad it up. That times the likelihood that the parts will actually sell gives you what it's worth. Voila!

I'll give you 100 bucks right now. :D

CTS-V Racing
08-16-06, 05:22 PM
If you have lots of time and are willing to wait a long time to make any real money, it might be worth it. But, there are sure a lot of hours to advertise, sell, dismantle, pack, ship and account for all the stuff. Everyone will low ball the parts since they know the parts are salvaged, which can be a hassle if you expect more for the stuff. You also have to have a place to store it during the whole process. If it were me, and I could get all my money back by selling the engine/transmission, the rest of the work would probably be worth it. Lot's of "ifs" to keep in mind. Keep us posted.

03cts9011
08-16-06, 05:29 PM
if you do deicied to buy it i would be interested in the exhaust and sways

Poopie D
08-16-06, 05:45 PM
Don't forget that there is a limited market for V parts in BC....and shipping to the US might be expensive for the buyer....

Rickerbucks
08-16-06, 06:12 PM
The other thing that has crossed my mind is that I have always wanted to road race. Maybe this is an opportunity to buy a car, sell the 'extra's' and build a race car.

hmmmmm

Rickerbucks
08-16-06, 07:11 PM
Don't forget that there is a limited market for V parts in BC....and shipping to the US might be expensive for the buyer....

I'd ship out of Blaine, WA. I live in Cloverdale.

StealthV
08-16-06, 07:13 PM
If it's black, I need the left rear door. :)

Rickerbucks
08-16-06, 07:20 PM
dupe

nxlr8
08-16-06, 07:54 PM
I would be interested in the tail lights... want to use 'em as a backup in case I want to get rid of the tinted ones...

CTS-VPaco
08-17-06, 12:17 AM
I could use a left rear tail light. Mine's got a scratch, unsure if it'll polish out, and I'd probably consider buying the rear end. Maybe send it off to get worked over or somethin'.

dvandentop
08-17-06, 01:02 AM
need nav unit

gcollier
08-17-06, 01:30 AM
I would buy 2 of the rims and tires

schmiot
08-17-06, 12:35 PM
I'm in Delta, BC and would take the swaybars for sure, and possibly the Nav unit.

Robin.

DILLIGAF
08-17-06, 05:15 PM
If it's black, I need the left rear door. :)
Did you Urb your door?:tisk:

HushH
08-17-06, 05:31 PM
I'd be interested in the shifter if available.

negri21
08-17-06, 07:38 PM
are all the parts gone? what color and what do you have left. thanks.

Staxxin
08-17-06, 08:56 PM
I could use the front driver side rocker panel if it's black.

StealthV
08-17-06, 10:56 PM
Did you Urb your door?:tisk:

A Maggied V sort of hit my V. :suspense:

DILLIGAF
08-17-06, 11:31 PM
A Maggied V sort of hit my V. :suspense:You gotta share this.:alchi:

Rickerbucks
08-18-06, 11:14 AM
I'm awaiting the General Manager to call me to allow me to go see the car. Apparantly due to legal issues - they are being sued by the salesman (likes its the dealerships fault he did not put on the seatbelt and that he was thus ejected from the car) - they are unsure exactly when and how they want to deal with the wreck.

Nonetheless I have asked to see it to see how bad things are. Continue to add your potential interest in parts however.

TagApl4
08-18-06, 11:50 AM
Sucks for the sales REP but comeon dummy what was he thinking.

I will buy the Fe4 from you today. Or sell the FG2 to someone with a V so i can have their Fe4. Look i just need some Fe4 shocks guys! I know someone has a set in their garage PM me

I know there are some more CTS guys looking for V-sways and STB so there u go.

mlimanti
08-18-06, 01:03 PM
Depending on the condition, do a cheap repair, gut the interior and make one bad auto crosser.

StealthViggen
08-19-06, 02:40 PM
I am looking for a number of interior peices. Shoot me an email when you decide if you are going to buy it, and I'll let you know what I need..

Peterbarrotti@rogers.com