: A small piece of me died this morning ...

mdc
08-16-06, 02:54 PM
You know that feeling you get the first time you were able to beat your dad at basketball (it is great at first, but you then realize he is not the invincible titan you thought he was) ... or getting to meet your idol and finding out he is a real douchebag ... I kind of had that this morning

So I am driving on my way into work at about 10AM and part of my trip involves a street that is fairly straight and two lanes going each way, but for some reason is never very busy.

Anyway, at one light I am stopped and waiting and beside me pulls up my all time favorite car ... a Ferrari F355 Spider (in black no less). Guy was a younger guy (I would guess mid 30s - I myself am late 20s) and had the top down. I look over and tell him he has a beautiful car. He is cool about it, says thanks and gets that little smile ... revs it up ...

Now I am in my seat thinking this is one of the best days in my life ... I get to face my dream car and probably going to get smacked hard doing it ... even so I was in heaven.

Well, the stars and planets must have been in that perfect formation that only favors Caddys because when I let the clutch go at 2500rpm, the tires gave a little chirp and then boom, I was off ... no wheel hop, no excessive spin ... just perfect. He pulled about maybe a 1/2 car ahead and then boom, I was off ...

Now I am not one to street race and I really never do it, but we both went at it on this empty road. By about 160 km/h (about 100 mph) I was about 1 1/2 cars ahead and we had to slow down for the next light ...

He pulls up beside me and gives me the thumbs up and says "What the hell is that thing?" with a huge smile on his face. I tell him and we drive off normally (my on ramp was coming and he continued forward ...)

I know he should have taken me (maybe his launch was bad or maybe he misshifted or maybe that Ferrari engine just didn't have what it once did - sounded great though), but I was happy that I faced my idol ... sad that I beat him though ...

The Ferrari F355 is still my favorite car of all time and if at all possible, I will own one someday, but seeing that it isn't the king it once was makes me kind of sad ...

The king is dead ... Long live the king .... :worship:

P-Funk
08-16-06, 03:02 PM
Sad day indeed. "The King" (Elvis) died on this day in history also.

RoyalFlush
08-16-06, 03:06 PM
i know the feeling i had it yesterday when this kid at my job who thinks he's "thug" was sitting in my cubicle for the past 2 weeks and i was cool about it for the first few days but then he got kind of used to it and began sitting there almost everyday he was in for almost 2 weeks. i was cool about it since i sat next to my boy who keeps me entertained when bored. so i came in yesterday all beefed up and pissed and i WANTED this kid to sit in my cube cuz i was ready to chew his ass up. i walk in and i see the top of his head in my cube from far away and the rage begins to pump through my veins. i walk up to him and state "homey whats up with your seat!?" he stutters and says that some girl came in at 2 and was sitting at his cube so he had to move so i said "i dont care what time she's in i only care that when i come in at 5pm that i sit in my seat i dont give a shit who or what is sitting in your cube". so i tell him that i thought it was ok at first but the fact that he made it a habit and didnt bother asking if he needed to move was really ****in with my mood. so i told him that starting yesterday i was going to sit in my seat and all i get is a low face and a soft "ok" he puts his things together and moves. i thought to myself wtf!? thats it!?? so a part of me died yesterday too lmao!

RoyalFlush
08-16-06, 03:06 PM
BTW i dont belive in spacing/indentation/proper grammar lol sorry

mdc
08-16-06, 03:07 PM
:suspense:

v-ape
08-16-06, 03:38 PM
Next up the F430...

mdc
08-16-06, 03:40 PM
nah ... don't get greedy ... the 360 Modena would be the logical step before the F430 ... hah

I'll give that Modena motor another 10 years for the breakin though ;)

Koooop
08-16-06, 05:31 PM
Next up the F430...

The F430 will leave the V as road kill. :worship:

But a 355 is fun to beat up on with a big ole 4 door!

I went off with a new Gallardo a couple of days ago, fortunately the guy (some Rock Star, I dunno who) wasn't much of a driver. He still killed me but he was absolutely choking on the V since he could only get a car lenth on me. In my book he slaughtered me but being the dumbass that I am I went off with him twice! What made it really fun is a new SL500 joined in on run # 2! That just made it so I wasn't the LOSER!

The Gallardo sounds WICKED.

JAY WEST
08-16-06, 08:47 PM
i know the feeling i had it yesterday when this kid at my job who thinks he's "thug" was sitting in my cubicle for the past 2 weeks and i was cool about it for the first few days but then he got kind of used to it and began sitting there almost everyday he was in for almost 2 weeks. i was cool about it since i sat next to my boy who keeps me entertained when bored. so i came in yesterday all beefed up and pissed and i WANTED this kid to sit in my cube cuz i was ready to chew his ass up. i walk in and i see the top of his head in my cube from far away and the rage begins to pump through my veins. i walk up to him and state "homey whats up with your seat!?" he stutters and says that some girl came in at 2 and was sitting at his cube so he had to move so i said "i dont care what time she's in i only care that when i come in at 5pm that i sit in my seat i dont give a shit who or what is sitting in your cube". so i tell him that i thought it was ok at first but the fact that he made it a habit and didnt bother asking if he needed to move was really ****in with my mood. so i told him that starting yesterday i was going to sit in my seat and all i get is a low face and a soft "ok" he puts his things together and moves. i thought to myself wtf!? thats it!?? so a part of me died yesterday too lmao!
I don't know the situation but relax, punking people is kinda a sign of insecurity, man I used to get physical and intimidate people. There might have been a nicer way to handle him, and get what you want. You may need this kid on your team in a situation. Just a suggestion, I know some days are better than others though.- Jay

twentyon20s
08-16-06, 09:14 PM
Why waste all your money on a name (ferrari) when you spend less than half the price to get a brand new Z06 and destroy almost ANYTHING on the road, in any driving situation (line, track, etc). Personally, I wouldnt want to waste my money on a car that has horrible build quality, dyed leather that will fade and come off, rubber buttons that break down to leave a sticky residue, and an incredibly inefficient engine thats expensive to maintain and even keep running.

Ferrari's before my time were obviously something--they had to be to build the name and reputation that still continues. The simple truth is, the Ferrari's of yesteryear are no more. And for Car and Driver to rate the new F430 above both the 911 turbo (and more importantly) the new ZO6 when it loses in almost every measureably catagory because "it has character" is a complete joke.

:worship: All hail Chevy, ALL HAIL THE Z06! :worship:

Koooop
08-16-06, 11:34 PM
Go rent a F360 for a day, you will understand.

The king is not dead.

JonCR96Z
08-17-06, 01:43 AM
:suspense:

haha, I've often seen this smilie and wondered when would be the right time to use it. You, my friend, have found that time. :suspense:

VELOSE
08-17-06, 01:47 AM
Sorry to say this but a F360 Spyder can eat a V's shart on a road course too. Well the one trying to chase me down did. If I had another camera recording my rear at Thunderhill Raceway the other day, you guys would've seen a Lotus Elise trying to take me down for a few laps. It ended up spinning out. Right behind that was a F360 Spyder trying to take me down as well. No luck for that guy either. We battled for about three laps. On the straight I had him. On a few turns he had the advantage and would creep up. On other turns I was faster. At the end of each lap I was ahead by enough to hold him at bay. How did I know I was faster than the driver in the Spyder? He drove by me after the session was over and gave me a HIGH FIVE for the exhilirating battle. That was the highlight of my day. Too bad I didn't get to record that. :D

Koooop
08-17-06, 11:27 AM
Sorry to say this but a F360 Spyder can eat a V's shart on a road course too. Well the one trying to chase me down did. If I had another camera recording my rear at Thunderhill Raceway the other day, you guys would've seen a Lotus Elise trying to take me down for a few laps. It ended up spinning out. Right behind that was a F360 Spyder trying to take me down as well. No luck for that guy either. We battled for about three laps. On the straight I had him. On a few turns he had the advantage and would creep up. On other turns I was faster. At the end of each lap I was ahead by enough to hold him at bay. How did I know I was faster than the driver in the Spyder? He drove by me after the session was over and gave me a HIGH FIVE for the exhilirating battle. That was the highlight of my day. Too bad I didn't get to record that. :D

Your V is SO NOT STOCK!

I would have loved to see the F360 go down!:thumbsup:

Even so, he still went home in a Ferrari and that just doesn't suck.

crowan
08-17-06, 12:22 PM
haha, I've often seen this smilie and wondered when would be the right time to use it. You, my friend, have found that time. :suspense:

:yeah: :histeric: :histeric: :cookoo:

VELOSE
08-17-06, 02:08 PM
Your V is SO NOT STOCK!

I would have loved to see the F360 go down!:thumbsup:

Even so, he still went home in a Ferrari and that just doesn't suck.

True....going home in a Ferrari is not sucky at all. That driver also left me admiring him for giving me props. :thumbsup:

Kadonny
08-17-06, 02:54 PM
The F430 will leave the V as road kill. :worship:

But a 355 is fun to beat up on with a big ole 4 door!

I went off with a new Gallardo a couple of days ago, fortunately the guy (some Rock Star, I dunno who) wasn't much of a driver. He still killed me but he was absolutely choking on the V since he could only get a car lenth on me. In my book he slaughtered me but being the dumbass that I am I went off with him twice! What made it really fun is a new SL500 joined in on run # 2! That just made it so I wasn't the LOSER!

The Gallardo sounds WICKED.

I steered clear of a Gallardo a few days ago. Not that I ever got close enough to challenge him or anything, I just hung back and didn't confront him.

I was scared.............someone hold me.

I just love seeing supercars on the road though, it really makes your day.

mdc
08-17-06, 03:01 PM
I played with a Gallardo the other day ... it was not pretty ... heh

VELOSE
08-17-06, 03:46 PM
Gallardo is the ultimate car for me. When I grow up, I want to own a baby Lambo Gallardo. :D

JAY WEST
08-17-06, 07:38 PM
Hey, what about those Porsche's? Are they Quick? Can they handle, and which one is the most bang for the buck? Because I'd like to have the money to buy one of the bad ass ones (GT2) someday and rattle can it flat black just to piss off the yuppies.....

ahahnu
08-17-06, 07:42 PM
You had a fast and furious moment.

V-Smooth
08-18-06, 12:16 PM
The F355 is dated and is slow(er) in the realm that is Ferrari. 375hp, less torque...11:1 comp ratio, respectable 180+mph top end though in a car that weighs under 3000lbs. A good kill none the less, got her done.

ZO6 all the way baby! :yup: