: C.A.M. Tune on stock 2005 CTS-V

hurley64
08-16-06, 02:08 PM
Hi guys, been lurking awhile.

Got my V baselined and tuned a couple weeks ago at CAM. My 05 has 29k on it and the only mod is iCAGS. Temps was around 80 with a DA of at least 2600. Sixteen gallons of Shell 93 in the tank.

First pull 335.9hp/322.7TQ, what i think is average from what i have seen. AFR was very rich above 4200, especially from 5200-5700. Peak power was made at 6000, peak TQ at about 4800.

After Jeff did his magic (about 6 more pulls) the end result was 358.7HP/342.8TQ, AFR is a nice steady 12.6-8 from 3500 to redline now. SOTP feel is definetly improved above 4k, with the only drawback i can see being i have to run Premium or i get a little ping above 5k.

Best part , total cost 300 bucks, thanks again Jeff!

Next for me, headers/retune, plan on running them through the factory exhaust to keep the noise down, I will keep you posted.

*I will try to get the dyno sheet scanned and posted if anyone is interested.

John

nikon
08-16-06, 03:03 PM
did you say you have to run premium???...as in you werent running premium before??? i thought the ls6 called for premium??? anyways thats pretty impressive on a bone stock car...I may have to go get a tune done....and thats a good price too, where was the shop??

hurley64
08-16-06, 03:15 PM
Ran 89 most of the time with no ping problems. CAM is located in Durham NC, they only tune LSx cars, bunch of stuff in their shop to get the mod fever going. Check their website out, they were even on "Pinks".

Carolina Auto Masters (http://www.carolinaautomasters.com)

John

JonCR96Z
08-17-06, 03:09 AM
Its about time you posted your results. 360 with just a tune is awesome. They tune pretty much everything though.

hurley64
08-17-06, 09:08 AM
Its about time you posted your results. 360 with just a tune is awesome. They tune pretty much everything though.

Yes, slow poster i know. Took the car in for service this morning, for a loaner i got a black 04 V. Big defference between my car and that power wise. So I am pretty pleased with the results.

When are you heading back this way?

John

rbrown81
08-17-06, 10:16 AM
After Jeff did his magic (about 6 more pulls) the end result was 358.7HP/342.8TQ, AFR is a nice steady 12.6-8 from 3500 to redline now. SOTP feel is definetly improved above 4k, with the only drawback i can see being i have to run Premium or i get a little ping above 5k.

Best part , total cost 300 bucks, thanks again Jeff!

Next for me, headers/retune, plan on running them through the factory exhaust to keep the noise down, I will keep you posted.

*I will try to get the dyno sheet scanned and posted if anyone is interested.

John

John

Very nice results on the tune, I would love to see the dyno sheet if you could post it. I may just have to go to CAM when I go to see Rutgers play NC in Chapel Hill in September

Is the shop far from chapel hill?

Rich

brtnharv
08-17-06, 10:26 AM
Only about 2 hours from Charlotte... hmmm..

hurley64
08-17-06, 10:29 AM
John

Very nice results on the tune, I would love to see the dyno sheet if you could post it. I may just have to go to CAM when I go to see Rutgers play NC in Chapel Hill in September

Rich

Will try to get it up tonight.

Maybe 15 minutes from UNC campus.

John

thebigjimsho
08-17-06, 11:27 AM
John

Rich
You travel to see Rutgers?:eek:

brtnharv
08-17-06, 03:21 PM
Well made my appointment for next week, should be cool it will be the 1st time it will be on a dyno....

hurley64
08-17-06, 03:35 PM
Well made my appointment for next week, should be cool it will be the 1st time it will be on a dyno....

Well, post some results when you get em!

John

JonCR96Z
08-17-06, 05:10 PM
Yeah and don't wait a month to post.:bigroll: