: What else can the factory NAV play?

austin
08-16-06, 12:39 PM
I know it plays DVDs, I know it plays CDs... But, what about VCDs?

RidingLow
08-16-06, 12:54 PM
I am also one that wants to know what can the factory NAV can play. Can it play MP3's, watch regular DVD's while driving, and can it play CD-R's?

v-ape
08-16-06, 01:11 PM
Your CD player can play CD-Rs. The DVD/Nav can play the GM nav discs (I've heard rumors of Acura Nav discs, but not verified), It can also play DVD-R's, I havent tried +R's, but from what I understand, they dont work. There is a "hack" to play DVD's while driving.

Also, it has a browser feature which can load html from the DVD's, I havent tried this at all because it seems of little use. It would be nice to have the full shop manual on DVD and be able to click through it, however I think someone has tried that to no avail.

Anyone else?

nikon
08-16-06, 01:55 PM
that hack to play movies while driving is, w/ e-brake on press and hold P6 bottom right button, and while holding that button press seek right --> and you should be good to go...but start the movie before you do that for once you do you cannot play/pause/ff anything until you stop, put e-brake on and do the same thing again....I tried the browser function, couldnt get it to work...so I dunno about that one.

starfox86
08-16-06, 02:17 PM
yeah..the dvd hack works for playing videos while driving..i jus dont think u can start/stop/pause it though....and it does play vcd's

P-Funk
08-16-06, 02:30 PM
that hack to play movies while driving is, w/ e-brake on press and hold P6 bottom right button, and while holding that button press seek right --> and you should be good to go...but start the movie before you do that for once you do you cannot play/pause/ff anything until you stop, put e-brake on and do the same thing again....I tried the browser function, couldnt get it to work...so I dunno about that one.

That works but when I do it, another screen pops up with some information on it (it's been too long since I've looked at it that I don't remember exactly what it is). If this happens to you, on this screen, press and hold P6 bottom right button, and while holding that button press seek right --> and you should be good to go.

In other words, you may need to do the same step twice.

Yes, the DVD must be playing because the browser function will not work.

Kyle15
08-16-06, 02:50 PM
I couldn't get VCD's to work.

RidingLow
08-16-06, 02:57 PM
MP3's?

P-Funk
08-16-06, 03:00 PM
No, no MP3's.

v-ape
08-16-06, 03:44 PM
MP3's?

No MP3's, but there is a way to put a bunch of CD songs on a DVD. I think its on the faq. If you cant find it, keep looking :)

I use an FM modulator. If you're so inclined, you can make one yourself for $25. But you have to have some electrical skills

Minty MP3 player / FM tansmitter
Making Minty (http://web.media.mit.edu/~ladyada/make/minty/fabrication.html)

nxlr8
08-16-06, 06:57 PM
I have tried a bunch of DVD-R discs and none of them have worked. I can only get "original" DVD's to play...

Strange....

Too bad the 6-disc changer isn't a DVD player... PITA taking the Nav disc out each time... (or am I just missing something)

Kyle15
08-16-06, 07:19 PM
I have only had success with DVD+R. I use them for music videos. Be careful, when you write it make sure its a successive DVD where the tracks go from one to the next. If it goes back to the menu then you will have to stop to play another song. It's pretty annoying but its cool for a stock feature.

v-ape
08-17-06, 08:26 AM
I have tried a bunch of DVD-R discs and none of them have worked. I can only get "original" DVD's to play...

Strange....

Too bad the 6-disc changer isn't a DVD player... PITA taking the Nav disc out each time... (or am I just missing something)

Every DVD-R I've made has worked. What program are you using and what are you trying to burn? I use Nero Vision to burn music vids, works like a champ, although I cant get the seek buttons to work when parked (not a Cadi problem, a Nero problem since I cant do it at home either).

Kyle15
08-17-06, 01:20 PM
Um I think it is more of the fact that +R's are the only ones I've tried lol. I use Toast, I have a Mac. My seek buttons and everything work fine until I get in motion. I just wish you could seek after you left and it had a friggin video out.

P-Funk
08-17-06, 01:29 PM
Yeah, my DVD-R discs work also. Are the ones that are not working RW's by any chance? If so, make sure that you complete the session after recording the DVD.

nxlr8
08-17-06, 01:47 PM
The discs that I am using are DVD-R's that have movies on them... all the DVD players in my house play them just fine (including a Pioneer DVD/LD player that was one of the first in production from WAY back in the day...)...

I have only tried 2 or 3, so my sample set is small... I guess I could go try a bunch more...

nissehult
09-13-06, 02:25 PM
Can someone please xplain that hack to me!? I´m from Sweden and just bought a cadillac cts -04 and I really dont understand what W/e brake and what p6 is!? I would be so happy if someone could explain it to me a little bit easier!? Pleeeaaaasssseee! I really want it to work!

Sincerely

Nisse

ctsvett
09-13-06, 11:44 PM
here are the instructions.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dvdmotion.html

Reed

roadracerx72
09-14-06, 05:23 PM
Can someone please xplain that hack to me!? Im from Sweden and just bought a cadillac cts -04 and I really dont understand what W/e brake and what p6 is!? I would be so happy if someone could explain it to me a little bit easier!? Pleeeaaaasssseee! I really want it to work!

Sincerely

Nisse

I responded to one of your posts and did not know you were from Sweden. Do they have GM dealerships in Sweden???