: Clear Bra 3m

WGT31
08-16-06, 12:33 PM
As stated in one of my earlier post i had acid bird poop on my hood causing the paint to bubble. Warranty will paint the hood but not pay to have the bra replaced. What is the consensus of the group? I'm calling customer service but would like some of your thoughts on the subject. :(

v-ape
08-16-06, 01:30 PM
How much does the bra cost? Well if its not a Cadi option, then it probably isnt warrantied. However, if it was a dealer option, I'd sure ask the dealer to put it back on.

rand49er
08-16-06, 03:28 PM
Not a paint expert here, but would the OEM paint be new enough that they could mask off the bra and feather the paint to make it work/match? Otherwise, you may be outta luck.

BigFred
08-17-06, 06:35 PM
Unfortunate, but I wouldn't expect the warranty to pay. I can't even think of a good argument to pursue, unless you asked them to touch up the paint and they said they would only paint the whole hood.

CIWS
08-17-06, 06:47 PM
Not too suprised it's not covered by warranty, however if you're only having the hood repainted, you should also only have to pay to have the hood itself get a Clear Bra re-apply.

mostoyzwinz
08-17-06, 09:40 PM
Doubt you'll get covered.
My V needs a nose job...thx to a nice lady who thought she had right of way.
I'm having the shop paint it up the new bumper cover and let it sit for a while 'til the paint cures then put the braisseire on and put i ton the car. 3M says to let the paint cure first. Not a problem on a new car but something to consider when re-painting.