: Advice on Aftermarket Wheels

kilrbz
08-16-06, 10:31 AM
When (not if) I get a V, I'm going to need a set of winter tires. I'm looking for some advice on where to get aftermarket wheels and tires for a V. The 6 lugs seem to be an issue as Tire Rack only has 1 style and Discount Tire Direct has none available. I'm trying to factor this into my purchase cost. Any advice is appreciated.

CTS-VPaco
08-16-06, 10:46 AM
You're gonna have to dig DEEP into your pockets for wheels. iForged, CCW, HRE, Forgeline, Asanti (if you wanna ball like that) and several others will make you a set, but they're gonna retail for around $4k a set, some more, some li'l bit less. Then tires, which there are tons of options, are gonna cost about another grand on top of that.

RedGalant2k1
08-16-06, 11:07 AM
Put snow tires on your factory wheels and buy a set of summer wheels and use your factory runflats.

You may be able to find a used set of CTS-V wheels to use in winter.

nxlr8
08-16-06, 11:31 AM
Put snow tires on your factory wheels and buy a set of summer wheels and use your factory runflats.

You may be able to find a used set of CTS-V wheels to use in winter.
That's my plan as well... my stock rims have tires that are in need of being replaced... so.. thinking of putting snow's on the stockers, and getting a set of custom rims with new perf. tires....

Silver Dollar
08-16-06, 11:49 AM
What's "snow"?

nxlr8
08-16-06, 11:59 AM
What's "snow"?
That's the white fluffy stuff that falls in Chicago 2 days after it's 80 degrees... In case you didn't know, Chicago only has two seasons - Cold and Hot... there is no spring or fall here...:suspect:

RedGalant2k1
08-16-06, 12:42 PM
That's the white fluffy stuff that falls in Chicago 2 days after it's 80 degrees... In case you didn't know, Chicago only has two seasons - Cold and Hot... there is no spring or fall here...:suspect:

Phew...and I thought Michigan was the only one with two seasons...though here its either Winter or Construction.

RidingLow
08-16-06, 12:51 PM
I seen some made by TIS. They have several styles that I have seen up on Ebay. Anyone got pictures of a V with 20' TIS wheels?

thebigjimsho
08-16-06, 01:46 PM
There's only 2 seasons in my world, V-time and Rep Points. Give 'em up!

Kyle15
08-16-06, 10:00 PM
I dont have any pics but I have 20in TIS 07. Theres a V on car domain with 22's; same wheel. It is a bit too much for me but it will give you an idea. If you want chrome TIS has good wheels for the price, if you don't want bling, you can buy my set of stockers *cough* anddd if you are really tight go ahead and get some CCW, Asanti's, etc. I wish I would have gotten CCW's.