: V for Sale maybe? Feedback please

dannystang
08-14-06, 09:40 PM
Hello all...

Well Im thinking of going with a chevy colorado pickup and corvette combo as opposed to keeping the V...

Not sure yet I really enjoy the car...

Anyhow as trade-ins hassle about the B & B etc and I don't really feel like butchering the car think you guys who have sold can give me an idea on how to price this...

2004 Cts-v, 22500 miles, B&B Headers, B&B Catback, Lingenfelter CAI, Hotchkis Sways, Kars kit (the best one) and FG2 Shocks...

Anyhow...just to get an idea I imagine 32-34 from the classifieds, but i have a few dollars in mods...

rand49er
08-15-06, 07:32 AM
I like your pricing thoughts ... somebody's gonna get a nice V!

How are you thinking of marketing your car? Straight car ad, ebay, ... ? If there's an ad section titled performance cars/hot rods/classic cars, you might get the guy who knows and appreciates your mods (not to mention the car). When I was a kid, I would have gone :bonkers: to have such a great car with those mods.

Also, another thought, this is the perfect time for a CTS guy to move up a notch and latch onto a V.

VELOSE
08-15-06, 12:44 PM
I say you should ask for at least $35k with mods. I've been finding it hard to sell mine with the maggie. I received only about 3 inquiries on autotrader.com but that's because I have mine priced very high. I was asking $47k with maggie and 20" 3 piece Asanti wheels. Now I've sold the Asanti wheels on the side. Maybe lowering my price might attract a few more buyers. At $35k you should be busy with inquiries.

alcast082
08-15-06, 02:05 PM
I say you give me your sway bars and kars and sell the rest together:thumbsup:

but for real, you should have a few bites with that price as long as they don't hear it whine, just playing

so many people considering selling, there is a big market but there is not really a 4 door contender unless you have 70k for a gas guzzling rs4:tisk:

good luck danny

Chef
08-15-06, 02:25 PM
I say you should ask for at least $35k with mods. I've been finding it hard to sell mine with the maggie. I received only about 3 inquiries on autotrader.com but that's because I have mine priced very high. I was asking $47k with maggie and 20" 3 piece Asanti wheels (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#). Now I've sold the Asanti wheels (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) on the side. Maybe lowering my price might attract a few more buyers. At $35k you should be busy with inquiries.

Why are you selling?

VELOSE
08-15-06, 03:33 PM
Not to threadjack but, I want something different. If I don't sell it, I really don't care. I'll stay with it. It's just an itch I want to scratch.

dannystang
08-15-06, 05:20 PM
Hmm...

Maybe keep the V and just buy the pickup...works out almost the same as a C6 combo.

Damnit hard to decide...C6 is nice but definately not a sleeper...

Either way thanks for the feedback don't have the heart for autotrader just yet...

dannystang
08-15-06, 05:21 PM
I say you give me your sway bars and kars and sell the rest together:thumbsup:

but for real, you should have a few bites with that price as long as they don't hear it whine, just playing

so many people considering selling, there is a big market but there is not really a 4 door contender unless you have 70k for a gas guzzling rs4:tisk:

good luck danny

What happen to the mazarati?

Btw give me a call I need that guy to help me do that thing :)

GT04CTS-V
08-15-06, 05:53 PM
Good luck with selling the V for $32 - $34 K. My 2004 V has 6,000 miles on it, is in perfect condition, supercharged, with a bunch of mods. Put it on the forum for $37K, - no offers. Changed to best offer, again - no offers. Good luck.

GT