: Woodward Cruise, Detroit

SwampFox
08-14-06, 10:08 AM
Well, it's that time of year again. The official cruise is only on Saturday the 19th, but the unoffical cruise activity starts tonight. Here in the Detroit area we are seeing cars come out of the woodwork and they can be real head turners.
Are any of the local V owners going to participate in the "unofficial activities"? If so, where and when are the best places to leave rubber on the road? Flyboy will probably have some suggestions as will several of the other forum members.
Maybe a V owners rally one evening would be fun. Any takers? Where and When? :stirpot:
Swamp

caddyv
08-14-06, 10:29 AM
def. let me know, im from new jersey but out in detroit for work for a few months and dont have the V.....sitting at home in the garage. i would love to see some other Vs and put a smile back on my face while im out here.

ronr
08-14-06, 01:52 PM
I'm interested in attending but don't have any suggestions re: where to hook up.

Florian
08-14-06, 02:07 PM
Ill be there Thurs-Sat....in Birmingham. Let me know if you want to hook up.

F

Ryan's '05-V
08-14-06, 02:21 PM
Randy started a thread on this a couple weeks ago but no one has any clue where the best place to meet may be. I was thinking maybe we could meet up say at Oakland Mall and make our way to Woodward to cruise together> That may be kinda cool and during our travel we can then hope to find a place to stop along Woodward to hang out for a while.

I was hoping to possibly drop by Woodward Wednesday night if we could get a few of us together. Flyboy was hoping to be around so he could participate but he wasn't sure. I will try to call him in the next day or two. I think I may call Randy but I'm sure he will see this thread. I think we will take any suggestions for a good place to meet. Otherwise we will just need to leave cell phone #s for people who will be around so everyone can try to meet up.

Any further suggestions.
Ryan

rand49er
08-14-06, 02:43 PM
... I may call Randy but I'm sure he will see this thread ...:eye:

Yup, I'm here and ready to go. That's cool that Florian will be around and caddyv plus Gordy from the "Big D" should be around, too.

I'm gonna have to sweet talk the Mrs. into meeting twice, however. Possibly Wednesday night and then again on Saturday afternoon? ... Cool!

Oakland Mall might be a good place to start on Saturday afternoon, trade cell numbers, and hit Woodward all together. :thumbsup:

rand49er
08-15-06, 09:38 AM
Ryan (of Ryan's '05-V) called me this morning and says he's got 14 tickets to a private tent with great food right on Woodward -- FREE! This is in downtown Pontiac, maybe not the most desireable location, but parking may be a bunch easier PLUS you can start at this end of Woodward and cruise south right into the heart of activities down as far as, say, 10 Mile Road (or further) and back all the way up to Pontiac again thereby seeing the entire approximately 12 miles of this event, both sides ... WOW :eek: !!! I figure that would take roughly an hour to do in the mid afternoon (forget it after about 5 PM), and you'd see more cars -- cool cars -- than you've ever seen in your life, many of them revving their motors and some burning rubber.

So, you outta-town guys -- Florian (though you probably know the area), caddyv, Gordy Petrovski, and others -- come meet up in the 12:00 to 1:00 PM timeframe with ronr, Swampfox, Ryan's '05-V, MescalVto, maybe Flyboy (though he may have to work), who am I missing, and me, we'd love to see you guys! If tickets are available, I'm sure we may be able to accommodate a couple of CTS guys, too -- ask Ryan.

If you can, please PM your cell phone number to Ryan's '05-V since he's the focal point. I still have to get "a pass" from my wife (I think I can do it), but if anyone needs a cruise ride (caddyv ?) because he couldn't bring his V :thepan: , I've got an available passenger seat. :)

Ryan's '05-V
08-15-06, 09:52 AM
Randy, I knew I should have called you back so we didn't duplicate this but oh well. Here's my story. I have been waiting for some info that may help us meet up and just got it this morning.
I have 14 tickets (3 taken by me and two riders, possibly one more) to a private tenant (Aramark) in the downtown Pontiac area right off Woodward. They will have some real nice food and be open on Saturday from 10-6. Randy and I were thinking we could meet up at about Noon at the tent, I can pass out the tickets and we can all catch up and literally have a free lunch. After hanging out for a while (couple hours maybe) we can then go check out the action down Woodward as Birmingham and Royal Oak have a lot going on. CTS guys are welcome but I only have a limited # of tickets. Let's use them all up.

I know Randy and I both can't stay out forever but we plan to check out the action for a while. Post here to let us know what you all think. Randy said everyone could PM him your cell phone #s so we have them and can pass them out to those who will be in attendance prior to Saturday. You can hit me up too like Randy says and we will figure it out. I actually recommend using my work e-mail which is rredd at ford.com. I love driving my GM cars at Ford but it's a job.
See ya there.

rand49er
08-15-06, 10:36 AM
Randy, I knew I should have called you back so we didn't duplicate this but oh well ...Oops! :duh:

caddyv
08-15-06, 12:42 PM
i would love to come out there sat. if there are enough tickets. im in farmington hills now, dont really know my way around too well but if any of the local guys could call me up or email me it would be great. like i said i dont have my car here so i would be a passanger but let me know. My name is Wes and you can email me at chuck12582@aol.com or cell # is 609-502-2280. i would be nice to come meet some of you guys and see some other Vs. not to many of them around in jersey.

Florian
08-15-06, 01:02 PM
Im only in till Sat 12 noon....then I punch out. Gotta gig at the House of Blues in Cleve Sat evening....

F

rand49er
08-15-06, 02:38 PM
... i dont have my car here so i would be a passanger but let me know. My name is Wes ...Hey, Wes, I'm just west of you and would be coming thru Farmington Hills to get there. I have to be back home around 4:30-5:00, but maybe we can hookup if you don't mind being home a bit early. Geez, if I can go early enough, maybe we can say "Hi - Bye" to Florian. :)

Ryan's '05-V
08-15-06, 02:52 PM
Florian, if you have to leave by Noon maybe we can meet up around 11:30 for a bit. I'm not sure I will be able to get out there much before Noon but I can try. Where in Birmingham are you staying? Maybe we can meet up there until we move on to Pontiac.

CaddyV, Randy will take care of you and I will save a ticket for you. I saw a V on my way home from work last night and Saturday you will hopefully see quite a few.

SwampFox
08-15-06, 03:33 PM
Well, OK...:) If I can get away on Sat. I will try to meet you guys in Pontiac. Got an address?? BTW I was hoping someone would know where the action was on Wed. or Thurs. evening so I could burn off some of my excess rubber. Sent a PM to Ryan

rand49er
08-15-06, 04:03 PM
... Got an address?? ... the action was on Wed. or Thurs. evening ... burn off some of my excess rubber ...Ryan has the address.

The "action" is between about 8 Mile Road and the Phoenix Center in Pontiac. :D
Honestly, though, I won't be able to get away till Saturday ... oh, excuse me ... "Coming dear!":wifeyapping:

You got excess rubber? :worship:

SwampFox
08-15-06, 04:40 PM
oh, excuse me ... "Coming dear!":wifeyapping:

You got excess rubber? :worship:
Over 12k miles and still have more than half my RS-A rubber. (no hard launches but significant number of powershifts) Besides, any more than slicks is excess.
I have a firm committment to my wife for Saturday morning, but may be able to get to Pontiac by noon pending further scheduling by her. I will know more on Thursday.

MescalVto
08-15-06, 06:04 PM
Hey,

Have not negotiated time out saturday with the spouse yet, but, I can probably make pontiac or birmingham whenever you guys decide; I may just have to bring the boys (age 7 and 10) . . .

+likely to be out and about Friday night too . . .

-Swamp- that really is some extra rubber; my F1s are pretty close to cooked at about 7,500!

rand49er
08-15-06, 07:43 PM
... bring the boys (age 7 and 10) ...They'll love it. If they're not gear heads already, they will be! :highfive:

Florian
08-15-06, 08:53 PM
Florian, if you have to leave by Noon maybe we can meet up around 11:30 for a bit. I'm not sure I will be able to get out there much before Noon but I can try. Where in Birmingham are you staying? Maybe we can meet up there until we move on to Pontiac.

CaddyV, Randy will take care of you and I will save a ticket for you. I saw a V on my way home from work last night and Saturday you will hopefully see quite a few.

Ill be right by Fred Lavery Porsche (across Woodward from the GM display). If you know where the Birmingham post office is, thats the street Ill be staying on.

F

Ryan's '05-V
08-15-06, 09:05 PM
Sure MescalVto, bring the kids. If I don't have enough tickets we can figure something out.

Florian, are you at a house or hotel or ...? Can meet there for a few before we head to Pontiac or what might you suggest? I know Randy wanted to say hi if possible.

I told my wife about Woodward since the last Detroit meet we had in May but she still is not real happy I will be gone for the afternoon. She will get over it.

rand49er
08-15-06, 09:27 PM
... she still is not real happy I will be gone for the afternoon ...Have you got a comfortable couch for the evening?

I mentioned it to my wife tonight and got no reply. I think that means YES !!! :highfive: :thumbsup: :worship: :bouncy: :dance:

Ryan's '05-V
08-15-06, 09:42 PM
I can't blame her because she just went to to central NY for a wedding shower with our 2 1/2 yr old and 5 month old sons and her trip there was rough and so was the time there as the 5 mo old was sick. She needs a break and I'm trying to help but since I'm working that is tough. I can't wait for her to get back to school as I think teaching will be a nice change for her.

In this case I told her and it's no different than when she does something so I'm not going to feel bad. She will be ok.

I normally take my 2 1/2 yr old but not this time. I may go cruise out there Thursday with him if I can get home from work early enough. She shouldn't mind.

Florian
08-15-06, 10:21 PM
Florian, are you at a house or hotel or ...? Can meet there for a few before we head to Pontiac or what might you suggest? I know Randy wanted to say hi if possible.

House, but we can meet anywhere along there. Meet at the GM display if you want or in the little shopping center across from the post office....whatever, Im easy. Likely be on my motorcycle though, the V is getting some better breathing...

F

Flyboy
08-15-06, 10:38 PM
Hey Guys,

Just found out I'm flying to Vancouver, Canada on the 19th for four days, eh?
Sorry I can't make the cruise.....just an FYI, the CEO of one of our companies has a 6 year boy with terminal brain cancer. We're flying them to Vancouver so they can meet with a "Quantum Healer"....kinda' a last resort. Let's wish the boy....his name is Chase Sammut all the luck. See ya' all soon at Woody's. Have fun.......!!!!!!!

Ryan's '05-V
08-15-06, 10:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear you can't make it Jimmy and wish Chase the best.

If you ever need someone to drive the V, kinda like someone to walk your dog, let me know. I can walk her around Woodward for ya.

Maybe we can hook up for the North Gratiot cruise on the 27th. If not, maybe we can set up another weekend at Woodward to meet up, say Wild Woody's again. Do you have any weekends you will be here for sure in Sept or Oct.?

Florian, Pick a nice spot for those people who can make it early, say 11-12 if you are interested. Then we could move on to Pontiac at Noon.

By the way guys, I don't have an address for the tent but it is near Judson St. which is right in Downtown Pontiac, the two GM bldgs and parking garage is there. I have no idea where we are going to park so it may be in the garage. I will add more as I know. I may get the tickets tomorrow but Thursday for sure. I have a couple cell #s for those coming. Whomever can make it, just PM me your cell so I can call you if needed Saturday.

I have Randy's who should have CaddyV and Swampfox. MescalVto, send me yours. Right now I have tickets for your sons as a couple locals can't make it. Maybe the CTS guys will look to get in on the action and that is fine.

MescalVto
08-15-06, 11:51 PM
Cruise seems already to have started :eek: . . . woodward was jammed & jammin tonight; the big lot at 13 mile was packed from 7-9 . . .

Seems like it somehow gets bigger every year.

Flyboy
08-16-06, 05:01 AM
Thanks for your comments Ryan.....(Not a "fun" trip).

In any event......my co-pilot's getting married on the 26th, so I'm sure I'll be around for the cruise on the 27th. Give me a call or email as the date approaches and we'll figure out where to hook up.

Thanks......be careful on the Woodward Cruise and have fun! ! ! !

rand49er
08-16-06, 06:35 AM
House, but we can meet anywhere along there. Meet at the GM display if you want or in the little shopping center across from the post office....whatever, Im easy. Likely be on my motorcycle though, the V is getting some better breathing...

FIs the post office on Bowers Street a few blocks south of Maple?

"Better breathing ..."? ... please elaborate.

Florian
08-16-06, 08:17 AM
Is the post office on Bowers Street a few blocks south of Maple?

"Better breathing ..."? ... please elaborate.

Bowers, thats the street!
Better breathing = ported/polished heads, SW headers, FAST90 Intake, LS2 TB, cam, tune.

F

MescalVto
08-16-06, 10:04 AM
The "action" is between about 8 Mile Road and the Phoenix Center in Pontiac

:yeah: BUT, IMHO (especially for these pre-cruise nights this week!) the most action and best sights lie between downtown Royal Oak (near 10 mile) and downtown Birmingham (near 15 mile) - that is the area where the cruise first started then expanded toward pontiac and detroit . . . also note most cool cars in one lot is found at 13 mile:thumbsup:

MescalVto
08-16-06, 10:12 AM
Hey Florian,

Motorcycle is by far the best way to get around (next to something even smaller) in that dreamcrawl traffic anyhow! (I had forgot how much effort the clutch in my '88 Saleen Mustang takes until last night . . . really need to sell that beowtch!)

After all I saw last night I will be trying to get out for a little bit again every night this week. Since you are in the area (and any one else who will be out) might be cool to hook up for a drink one night near Bhm or Royal Oak:stirpot: . . . (PM cellphone#?)

caddyv
08-16-06, 10:12 AM
hey guys, thanks for helping me out with rides and tickets, i really appreciate it. Kinda off topic but any of you work on glendale in livonia? i work right down the street and see a black V there everyday, looks like it has smoked out tail lights. Also i saw a black one on farmington last night around 5:30, any of you guys? looked clean. This is exciting for me since i have seen 3 maybe 4 V's in new jersey in the past 2.5 years.

MescalVto
08-16-06, 10:21 AM
CaddyV,

I live in Fmgtn Hls and work off Haggerty (9 mile), I think 5:30 was a little to early for me last night but, around here I see 2-3 other CTS-V almost every week, sometimes in one day!

+I hope to make the cruise a couple times on Saturday, afternoon then later at night (wife permitting), so I may be able to give you a ride back if you want to hang out longer than Randy can.:thumbsup:

Ryan's '05-V
08-16-06, 10:31 AM
You're welcome caddyv.

MescalVto, I would love to cruise out there during the week but would need to take my son which is fine with me. I may be able to tonight but more than likely tomorrow providing the boss approves. I don't even want to ask her because I already know what her response will be and I'm ready with mine. I can get my way I think. I would gladly offer for the family to come but my wife doesn't give a crap. I have your cell and think I PM'd you mine. I will call you if I head out there.
I was thinking of driving home from Dearborn out of my way down Woodward to check things out. I live in Macomb out near the Selfridge base. If the boss disapproves of me heading out there I will do that Friday to see how things are going.

Florian
08-16-06, 02:40 PM
Fellas,

Like my Catholic girlfriend used to say....time to pull out. I gotta be here in Cleveland Fri eve now...sooooo Im bailing on the DC.
To all going, have a great time....theres always next year...

F

rand49er
08-16-06, 04:19 PM
Fellas,

Like my Catholic girlfriend used to say....time to pull out. I gotta be here in Cleveland Fri eve now...sooooo Im bailing on the DC.
To all going, have a great time....theres always next year...

FSorry you have to ... er-umm ... "pull out." Stuff changes, we understand. Next year, dude. :thumbsup:

Ryan's '05-V
08-17-06, 08:22 AM
I have some details for everyone attending but they are in a PDf that is too large for me to attach and I haven't figured out how to resize them.

I will e-mail them to those who provided their e-mail address but here is mine if you wish to send me a note: rredd at ford dot com.

The tent is right off Woodward at the NW corner of Auburn which is just north of Judson Street.

rand49er
08-17-06, 09:06 AM
The tent is right off Woodward at the NW corner of Auburn which is just north of Judson Street.Map of Auburn Ave & Woodward Ave Pontiac, MI by MapQuest (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=auburn+ave+and+woodward&city=pontiac&state=mi&zipcode=)

Ryan's '05-V
08-17-06, 11:52 AM
That will do the job.

I plan to head out there tonight around 7 and may meet up with MescalVto. Let me know if anyone else is around as we can meet up.

SwampFox
08-17-06, 12:19 PM
Won't be able to get there before Sat. noon. Planning to see you there rain or shine.

MescalVto
08-17-06, 12:27 PM
I should be able to get back out tonight, just not sure when; hoping for 7-8 but may take longer. The lot a 13 & Woodward stays pretty much packed until it starts to get dark . . . then the police start trying to clear the lot around 10pm.

MescalVto
08-18-06, 09:18 AM
Sooo very crowded last night police started clearing the lot early about (9pm); I was late and missed most of the action . . .
Planning to get out early tonight/late this afternoon to try and park my for sale mustang somewhere then will be hangin most of the night, unless I get a ride . . .

Anybody coming out tonight?

SwampFox
08-18-06, 09:25 AM
Wish I could get out tonight, but can't. Hope it rains tonight and clears up by morning, but I will be in Pontiac either way by noon.

rand49er
08-18-06, 10:09 AM
I'm still planning on picking up caddyv (gotta call him and touch base) tomorrow around 11:00 (11:30 at the latest) and will be at Auburn and Woodward by noon. :bouncy: Hasn't rained here for two weeks, it's been spectacular, now doggone rain moves in. :rant2:

Lucky guys ... wish I could get over there today and tonight.:crybaby:

Ryan's '05-V
08-18-06, 02:25 PM
I couldn't make it last night but plan to leave work in less than an hour and will srive Woodward to Pontiac and take M-59 east home. I would love to bring the family out tonight but I can only ask my wife for so much.

Ok guys, I have 14 tickets and only have tickets accounted for a few of us:
Me and three buddies - 4
Rand49er and caddyv - 2
Swampfox - 1
MescalVto (and sons if interested) - 3?
...and I still have 4 more.
ronr if he meets us - 1?
rrath and two sons can come - 3? but he has plans until the afternoon
any CTS guys interested?
I will have the tickets with me so call my cell phone for location info and to find me to get he tickets. I don't have an address but Randy added a map that will do. You are looking for the Aramark Tent.
See everyone rain or shine. 586-206-1505.
Ryan

rand49er
08-19-06, 10:15 AM
i would love to come out there sat. if there are enough tickets. im in farmington hills now, dont really know my way around too well but if any of the local guys could call me up or email me it would be great. like i said i dont have my car here so i would be a passanger but let me know. My name is Wes and you can email me at chuck12582@aol.com or cell # is 609-502-2280. i would be nice to come meet some of you guys and see some other Vs. not to many of them around in jersey.Hey, caddyv, I called your cell no., got no answer, then some lady called back with a Jersey accent and said that I had the wrong number. :confused:

I'm leaving, so call my cell no. if you want to hitch a ride.

Randy

rand49er
08-19-06, 04:26 PM
Well, it misted heavily till about 2:00 PM, then gradually dried up. Only three Vs got together, but we had loads of fun: SwampFox, Ryan's '05-V, and me. We each had a rider (Mark, Steve, and Antoine), and that made it even better.

We were able to get three abreast for some 20 MPH to about 50 MPH "racing" then it was single file through the bumper to bumper stuff. Sorry the pics aren't the greatest. Lots and lots of fast cars.

caddyv
08-19-06, 07:54 PM
Randy, sorry man, my # was 2880 not 2280.....my computer hasnt been working right and i couldnt check my email to get your #. My dumb fault for tying the wrong number. Really sorry about that and dissapointed at the same time. I know it wont be woodward but maybe we could meet up for one of the other shows coming soon. And by the way jersey doesnt have an accent hahahah, michigan does. Hope to talk to you soon, once my email is accessible again ill get your # from it and give you a call.

caddyv
08-19-06, 09:20 PM
i cant pm yet i dont have enough posts, but ill be around till christmas time i think. i have a few trips back to jersey planned for weddings and stuff but i should be around in september besides labor day weekend. do you have any more pics of the v's from today?

Ryan's '05-V
08-19-06, 09:42 PM
That was a great time. I really liked racing a bit three abreast. Randy, the Corsa and headers sound real nice.
We stopped to MescalVto and had some more food and a couple drinks. On the way home around 5:30as I headed down Woodward I gave it a hard 1-2 shift and got some rubber and of course, the police pulled me over in an unmarked Tahoe. The guy was pretty cool as I told him we were on our way home. He let me go but that was pretty sad he pulled me over for that squeal. The speed limit was 50 and I only hit 55 so that wasn't an issue.
I gave the boys a couple fast turns before I dropped Antoine off and hit 130 heading down M-59 once. We had a nice ride home and enjoyed ourselves for a few hours. Hopefully next year we can have a better V showing but that will be when my lease is up and I will probably be V-less.

See ya guys later.
There is a north Gratiot Cruise next Sunday and Flyboy should be home so if anyone can make the trip, I can let you know what is going on.I live 5 minutes away and will drop by for a little while.

ronr
08-20-06, 03:18 PM
Sorry I couldn't be there, looked like fun. Gratiot on Sunday is a possibility if it's in the afternoon.

Ryan's '05-V
08-20-06, 04:23 PM
We missed ya Ron. It was great to see all the nice cars. The Gratiot cruise this Sunday coming up on the 27th is from 10AM-6PM from M-59 to 23 Mile Rd. I may bring my son but I could always swing by during his nap in the afternoon. Give me an idea what time you are thinking and we can go from there.

rand49er
08-20-06, 04:57 PM
Geez, do you think it's okay to hijack this thread? Do you think SwampFox would mind?

If not, and if nothing else is going on that day, I'd be up for next Sunday. My 3-1/2 year would be with me, and maybe I could get caddyv to tag along. Can't make promises, though ... not yet. :tisk:

Ryan's '05-V
08-20-06, 06:50 PM
Now that Woodward is over we can hijack it.
That would be great if you could make it and bring caddyv. I guess Swampfox needs to check with his wife to see if he wants to make it.

This cruise is about 3 miles of two lanes going each way so it's not huge but anytime we can meet up that's cool.

rand49er
08-20-06, 08:54 PM
... I guess Swampfox needs to check with his wife to see if he wants to make it ...:histeric:

SwampFox
08-21-06, 08:14 AM
I parked S. of 13 mile and wandered the streets for a couple of hours. Noted that Chrysler had taken over the big mall parking lot at 13. They had a dyno there and were letting people run their cars on it.
On the way home about 6 I saw a V coming up behind me. It was a stealth grey STS-V. We were neck and neck at about 100mph going around the I696/I275 curve and had great fun. Then the traffic took over, but both pulled up side by side on the 8mi. exit. Fun day guys. I won't make it to Gratiot next weekend, I will be sleeping most of the weekend. Keep in touch!

Great Pics Randy. I don't know about you, but Ryan and I were doing over 85 down woodward at least twice.

Ryan's '05-V
08-21-06, 09:20 PM
Swampfox,
I thought you were going home. We didn't need to hit the next stop but that's fine.
A run with an STS-V, that is nice. I had a lot of fun with us three hammering our cars. I didn't think we went quite that fast but it seemed safe and was. I had to give the boys a taste if the V power on the way home and felt I better stop at 130. That was after a cop let me go for sqwauking my tires. I love hauling ass in my car. I can't help but have fun with it since that is what it is made for when my family is not in the car.

I hope to catch a few of you this Sunday.

Flyboy
08-21-06, 09:31 PM
Hey!!! I'm In Town......let's Try Get Together For The Gratiot Cruise.

Ryan.....glad They Didn't Give You A Ticket For "getting On It A Bit"

SwampFox
08-22-06, 08:14 AM
Ryan,
Yeah!! Taste that V-Power!! (& get a valentine 1)