: Battery Draining?

P-Funk
08-14-06, 10:24 AM
This morning, I was waiting to pick somebody up and so I was watching a DVD on the nav screen (car was off). I watched for less than 10 minutes. When I tried to turn my car on, it started but it was a weak turnover from the starter. My g-meter was reset and my digital speedometer was turned off (I keep it on). This has happened to me before. Is this a common problem? Does the DVD player suck too much juice to watch it without the engine running or is it only a problem with mine that I need to bring in and get serviced? :confused:

Thanks.

urbanski
08-14-06, 10:33 AM
i filled up 2 tires on my battery and killed it (2 years old)
call caddy roadside assist and they'll bring you a new one

P-Funk
08-14-06, 10:35 AM
Thanks.

keeksv
08-14-06, 03:50 PM
I gave up trying to figure out why my battery was going low and bought a battery tender for when I don't drive the car for >4-5 days or so. Best thing to do is what Urb said and get the roadside Caddy tech out to your car when the battery is dead. More likely just to stick a new battery in there then. Check the FAQ for the dimming switch TSB, too.

Good luck.

CIWS
08-14-06, 04:00 PM
Just out of curiousity, anyone ever hook up an ammeter and see how much is being drawn off the battery while the car is sitting idle ?

ctsvett
08-14-06, 11:32 PM
mine died last week... it seems to be a once a year thing.... No warning either... no symptoms...

Cadilac roadside= new battery in under 45 mins. AND FREE!

Reed

P-Funk
08-15-06, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I guess Cadillac roadside is the way to go.