: 2005 STS V8 1SG for under $30K!

Benjamin Simon
08-13-06, 08:10 PM
What can I say; I am shocked at the depreciation. This is precisely what I want and I would purchase it if I was not paying on my student debt. The MSRP on this STS is over 60K. It even has the ACC. This time next year, I will be buying one for myself.

I am posting this to get everyone’s thought on buying cars on ebay. It might seem too good to be true. It is still under factory warranty and it said it had a clear and clean title. The pictures look great, what else might I need to worry about?

eBay Motors: Cadillac : STS (item 250017401629 end time Aug-17-06 18:54:02 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-STS-V8-F-WTY-NAVGTN-DVD-18IN-CHROME-LOADED-SAVEBIG_W0QQitemZ250017401629QQihZ015QQcategoryZ12 4117QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

ruxprncd
08-13-06, 08:23 PM
Of course you'd need to check out any car for prior damage etc. but I'm not shocked at the price. What's the mileage?

Benjamin Simon
08-13-06, 08:46 PM
33K, slightly used... :)

If you are not shocked at the price, how low could one expect to get a 1SG with ACC with about 30K miles?

I would not say I am shocked, but I have not see one this low and the Caddy salesmen said I would never get on under $40K! Of course not... Salesmen are morons. I know where they are coming from, but, seriously...

malatu
08-16-06, 04:45 PM
What can I say; I am shocked at the depreciation. This is precisely what I want and I would purchase it if I was not paying on my student debt. The MSRP on this STS is over 60K. It even has the ACC. This time next year, I will be buying one for myself.

I am posting this to get everyone’s thought on buying cars on ebay. It might seem too good to be true. It is still under factory warranty and it said it had a clear and clean title. The pictures look great, what else might I need to worry about?

eBay Motors: Cadillac : STS (item 250017401629 end time Aug-17-06 18:54:02 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-STS-V8-F-WTY-NAVGTN-DVD-18IN-CHROME-LOADED-SAVEBIG_W0QQitemZ250017401629QQihZ015QQcategoryZ12 4117QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I would not purchase an auto from an individual on Ebay. Although, I purchased a two year old vehicle from a dealer who listed it on ebay. My thoughts are this. Buying a car is a crap shoot. You can have problems with new cars as well as older models. My opinion is you might have a better chance of getting an auto without known defects. The dealer who I purchased my 2002 Bonneville (55k miles) from stated, "Because of the "feedback forum" on ebay that everyone can read, I can't afford to sell any cars on ebay that are not near perfect." Maybe this is BS, but it makes sense to me. And the car I bought was damn near perfect other than the common and typical problems associated with this model. But again, in my opinion, it's a crap shoot. The next car I purchase, I may or may not do it via ebay. Although, I will use Ebay's "Buy it Now" price as a benchmark for negotiations with a local dealer.

c5 rv
08-16-06, 07:26 PM
Yep, these folks really know their Cadillacs:

Factory ***RARE MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL***
Magnetic Ride Control is when the vehicle will alert you when you are nearing a vehicle while driving and slow itself down and as you merge to another open lane, it will then speed up back to the set cruising speed...the sensors is located in the front grill and it is the circular black Cadillac Emblem...Feel free to call me for more information about this rare option!

Cajonkev
08-16-06, 08:47 PM
Yea, that cracked me up too when I first read it!

Benjamin Simon
08-16-06, 11:03 PM
I noticed that also, morons...
Will someone please pay off my student loans so I can get it!