: lust or is it just me !?!? C6 Z06

fpmesiIII
08-11-06, 11:26 AM
check these pics out at the corvette forums from their members. if i only had 70k!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1205511

TagApl4
08-11-06, 11:39 AM
That was a 4 kleenex thread!

codewize
08-11-06, 11:56 AM
So you want me to sign up for a membership on a board which talks about one of the cars I most hate, just so I can view pictures? Nah. I'll pass.

For $70k I'll get the Mallett CTS-V and pound that Z06 all over the place.

EcSTSatic
08-11-06, 12:37 PM
The PDA version from Avantgo I read was different than this web version. Wired News ran an article comparing the acceleration of the Porsche 911 (http://blog.wired.com/porsche911/) to the neck-snapping power of the "cheaper" Z06.

http://blog.wired.com/porsche911/thumbnails/600x450/911Fullviewshote.JPG

2004CTS
08-11-06, 12:45 PM
If it's lust, I have it too. Love the new Z06!!!!! :bouncy:

gary88
08-11-06, 01:04 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

LittleB
08-11-06, 01:25 PM
Wow!!! Verrrrrrrrrry nice :thumbsup: Nope it's not just you....it's sexy :worship:

Blackout
08-11-06, 02:15 PM
I'm hoping these guys that posted up pictures of them picking their Z06's up didn't do what I think they did. According to their info they're from Tennessee. The dealer that they picked their cars up from is in New Jersey. I dunno why they woudl come all the way up here to get a Z06

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
08-11-06, 05:37 PM
Very nice.

Still think the C5 Z06 looks better though (even if the C6 Z06 is much more of a weapon).

Adam
08-11-06, 06:04 PM
I'm hoping these guys that posted up pictures of them picking their Z06's up didn't do what I think they did. According to their info they're from Tennessee. The dealer that they picked their cars up from is in New Jersey. I dunno why they woudl come all the way up here to get a Z06

because there arent any dealerships in Tennessee selling Z06's at the present time. there was a guy at the dealership i go to going apeshit because the dealership didnt have one. he "settled" <-in his words-> for an XLR-V.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-11-06, 06:36 PM
One came into work. It was nice, but nothing to lust over. I'd much rather have the XLR-V.

fpmesiIII
08-11-06, 07:21 PM
just the sheer power and dollar for dollar value you get its amazing. i mean the thing is a Ferrari beater. The Z06 is even lighter than the base C6.

I'm a caddy man at heart but this thing might make me have an affair.

This is one of my favorite videos of the new Z06 click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9bByWD4Oxs)

codewize
08-11-06, 11:29 PM
Ok ok, I watched the video and I do have to say that that's one hell of a car. I have a problem with Corvettes and maybe it's the same problem many have with Cadillac.

Corvette has been shoved down peoples thoughts for years. Always dubbed as a sports car but never really was.

They all look the same but yet hundreds of them gather at car shows. Yeah of course your 69 Stingray is in great shape, they don't' rust. So I became board of them and got sick of seeing them on droves. I was also never impressed for what you got for the money.

Maybe the C6 Z06 changes my mind. Myself, I would still spend the money on a Mallett CTS-V

fpmesiIII
08-11-06, 11:53 PM
I agree they have become kind of a cliche in a way, and many of us Cadillac owners like to be unique. But I try to not dissect it too much.

c5 rv
08-12-06, 07:24 AM
After I sold my C5 I considered a C6, but the look didn't do much for me. I went back in time to the C3. Not much performance out of an 81 with 190 HP, but a lot more sex appeal.

Jesda
08-12-06, 07:30 AM
I'd like to be in a position to be bored with -any- Corvette.

codewize
08-12-06, 10:35 AM
Well really, we drive Cadillacs, The most technologically advanced cars on the planet. More toys than Santa on Christmas and plenty of power for most car enthusiasts.

The Corvette rides like a dump truck with bad suspension, has almost no creature comforts and costs way to much. They're cool, sexy looking and fast but damn dude I like my kidneys where they are.

Not my idea of a hot rod. They just don't do anything for me. One of my clients has a C5 Z06 that I can drive any time I want and I've never even been in the car just because I don't care.

Plus you know what they say about Corvette owners don't you?

I'd like to be in a position to be bored with -any- Corvette.

pimpin88
08-12-06, 12:57 PM
no comfort features? heated seats arent comfort features in what is pretty much a super car?

btw, what do they say about corvette owners

Destroyer
08-12-06, 05:05 PM
Well really, we drive Cadillacs, The most technologically advanced cars on the planet. More toys than Santa on Christmas and plenty of power for most car enthusiasts.

The Corvette rides like a dump truck with bad suspension, has almost no creature comforts and costs way to much. They're cool, sexy looking and fast but damn dude I like my kidneys where they are.

Not my idea of a hot rod. They just don't do anything for me. One of my clients has a C5 Z06 that I can drive any time I want and I've never even been in the car just because I don't care.

Plus you know what they say about Corvette owners don't you?Yeah you are right, I'd rather have my '91 Fleetwood over a new Z06. Am I a good liar?:bouncy:

codewize
08-12-06, 07:57 PM
LOL see I would rather have the Fleetwood. I don't know I guess I just don't get it.

Pimpin88: I always heard that guys who drive Corvettes have small penis' and they're trying to make up for it. Haven't you ever seen that commercial with the people hanging out there car windows with megaphones telling the world why they're driving that car?

pimpin88
08-12-06, 09:14 PM
LOL see I would rather have the Fleetwood. I don't know I guess I just don't get it.

Pimpin88: I always heard that guys who drive Corvettes have small penis' and they're trying to make up for it. Haven't you ever seen that commercial with the people hanging out there car windows with megaphones telling the world why they're driving that car?

nope, ive never seen that one. im partial to the corvette though, idk why. its always been my dream car so that is probably part of the reason i like them so much. plus i just got a ride in a new zo6 the other day and all i can say is holy s***

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-12-06, 09:40 PM
Ok ok, I watched the video and I do have to say that that's one hell of a car. I have a problem with Corvettes and maybe it's the same problem many have with Cadillac.

Corvette has been shoved down peoples thoughts for years. Always dubbed as a sports car but never really was.

They all look the same but yet hundreds of them gather at car shows. Yeah of course your 69 Stingray is in great shape, they don't' rust. So I became board of them and got sick of seeing them on droves. I was also never impressed for what you got for the money.

I pretty much agree with everything you said here. Corvettes are way overrated to me. I'd much rather have a comparable Camaro. Corvettes (atleast the C1-C4 models) ride way too firm, are way uncomfortable to drive and the lot of them weren't much faster than other american muscle cars at the time. Plus, their looks never changed much, just evolved slightly, add to that I never liked two seaters. Plus stylisticially, I never liked cars with pop up headlights with the exception of a few cars, but the new C6 is a great looking car, but that's only because they went after a european look.

RobertCTS
08-14-06, 08:34 AM
I've owned several vintage Corvettes. Currently I have a 1972 Corvette Convertible. My matra is "I'm happy with my pristine unique '72 Corvette."

But That Z06 is really beautiful. Make me almost want to trade!! Leave me alone!!:thehand:

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/VetteII.jpg

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
08-15-06, 02:13 AM
Corvettes peaked with the Stingrays, which are some of the most beautiful cars ever made.
However, I prefer Camaros. I like the whole blue collar affordable muscle car thing.