: Just seen the World Trade Center movie...

Adam
08-10-06, 06:46 PM
... guys, i don't care what you say "to soon" or whatever... this was one of the best movie's i have seen in a long time. i recommend everyone going to see it. they didn't show the towers getting hit but it did show the shadow of one of the planes going by and it had the original news footage playing on the televisions. the special affects were done very very well and they just did awesome with this movie. they really did justice to 9/11. also one of the guys it was based off of was in it. he played another police officer. it was very well done and very tasteful. it was well worth seeing and i am going to see it again this weekend with my friends. i know how everyone felt that day and the memories come back... but it has a good ending and it really helps. GO SEE IT! i still hope (like said in the other thread) the proceeds or at the very least some portion of it goes to the victims and families who were affected by it.

LittleB
08-10-06, 06:50 PM
I really want to see it!! I am glad it is really as good as it looks. I am gonna cry so much, I can see it now.....

Adam
08-10-06, 06:54 PM
I really want to see it!! I am glad it is really as good as it looks. I am gonna cry so much, I can see it now.....

there were a few women sobbing but nothing too bad. yeah it was really good. and yeah it did hit close to home for me, one of my cousins lost his life that day in the north tower. yeah Meg, its good. im definitely going to see it again (and probably buy the DVD when it comes out).

Elvis
08-10-06, 07:49 PM
I heard it was great, but I heard everybody cries.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-10-06, 07:51 PM
I'm glad it turned out well. I should go see it.

STScadillac
08-10-06, 08:24 PM
I don't think that movies is out here cuz I have heard barely anything about the movie.

Rolex
08-10-06, 08:37 PM
I'm glad to hear the movie is well done. There's just a part of me that doesn't want to see it, ever. After 911 while they were still showing the horrifying footage of the towers collapsing, and people jumping out of them to their death, I didn't watch television for a long time. I just didn't want to see those images. I'm not a person who is sensitive to blood and gore [in fact I see my share of those things at work] but the idea of that tragedy just made me want to look away.

I ask myself if WE have become too desensitized to graphic images. This was the great tragedy of our time. I donated money to the family and emergency personel funds. I don't ever want to forget 911, but I don't want to see a movie about it after avoiding all those images early on.

Just my "thing." :)

Adam
08-10-06, 09:25 PM
I'm glad to hear the movie is well done. There's just a part of me that doesn't want to see it, ever. After 911 while they were still showing the horrifying footage of the towers collapsing, and people jumping out of them to their death, I didn't watch television for a long time. I just didn't want to see those images. I'm not a person who is sensitive to blood and gore [in fact I see my share of those things at work] but the idea of that tragedy just made me want to look away.

I ask myself if WE have become too desensitized to graphic images. This was the great tragedy of our time. I donated money to the family and emergency personel funds. I don't ever want to forget 911, but I don't want to see a movie about it after avoiding all those images early on.

Just my "thing." :)

i understand. this movie has a good ending though. they did not show the planes hitting... although they did show a guy falling (well jumping) out. very sad indeed. i am a firefighter (well not currently working as one anymore but was asked to come back) and it was a good thing for me to see what my brothers did that day. i would have given anything to be there to help out (unfortunately i was only 16 when it happened and had just got my license a few months back and my parents wouldnt let me drive to NY). it is not just a movie about 9/11 but about the officers and firefighters who went into those buildings. i understand but if you can go... do it for them.

Adam
08-10-06, 09:26 PM

it wasnt really that bad... there were a few times i choked up a little but nothing to bad. but yeah it was probably the greatest movie i have ever seen. (of course that doesnt mean it will be for you or anyone else)

Jesda
08-11-06, 12:08 AM
I'm bringing a few rolls of TP for the tears. This topic still gets to me.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-11-06, 01:10 AM
Its one of those movies ill never watch either ...Hurts me too much ....

I was a firetruck mechanic and tanker driver in at the time this happend , and was in the airforce ....Then got sent to endureing freedom after it ....

I remeber the images of that one truck , crushed ....Knowing the driver and his crew were still inside ....

Then the images of coffins rideing on the hose beds of pumpers in fueneral processions ...

Damn , this thread alone makes those feelings come back ...no way i could deal with the movie ....

Id rather go kick some terrorist ass then go see it ...

Elvis
08-11-06, 12:13 PM
I ask myself if WE have become too desensitized to graphic images.

I'm concerned about it too.

Every time I see those pictures of the people who were trapped looking out of the broken windows, and some even jumping, it brings that day back to life for me. I don't think I'll ever be desensitized to that.

dbdartman
08-11-06, 02:01 PM
Its one of those movies ill never watch either ...Hurts me too much ....

I was a firetruck mechanic and tanker driver in at the time this happend , and was in the airforce ....Then got sent to endureing freedom after it ....

I remeber the images of that one truck , crushed ....Knowing the driver and his crew were still inside ....

Then the images of coffins rideing on the hose beds of pumpers in fueneral processions ...

Damn , this thread alone makes those feelings come back ...no way i could deal with the movie ....

Id rather go kick some terrorist ass then go see it ...

Pretty much sums it up for me too!

wht2000
08-11-06, 04:47 PM
I have no desire to see it...I was 3 blocks away from the WTC...headed to a consulting job I had at the time on Trinity St...saw the whole thing myself. Once is enough, thanks. Strange thing was, though...I normally took either the 1 or the 9 train downtown to the Rector St. station, but since it was such a nice day, I decided to walk the 30 some odd blocks...if I would have taken the subway, I would have been right around the corner.

Destroyer
08-11-06, 07:06 PM
I have no desire to see it...I was 3 blocks away from the WTC...headed to a consulting job I had at the time on Trinity St...saw the whole thing myself. Once is enough, thanks. Strange thing was, though...I normally took either the 1 or the 9 train downtown to the Rector St. station, but since it was such a nice day, I decided to walk the 30 some odd blocks...if I would have taken the subway, I would have been right around the corner.My Aunt worked right across the street from the WTC when it happened. After the first plane hit all the people in her office were actually instructed to stay in the building by the Fire Dept. After they saw the one coming down however, they were told to run for their lives. Real scary that day, we couldn't get in touch with for several hours afterwards. The towers fell right behind her as she was running from them, she was completely covered in dust. We were glad she made out of there ok.

Frost
08-12-06, 04:20 AM
Wifey and I saw it yesterday - a VERY powerful movie. People were concerned about the "hack" job that Oliver Stone might have done to it, but those concerns were groundless. It DID leave me with a burning desire to make a difference over there, though.

It was a very well done film about a very well known topic. And yes, there were tears in the audience.

RedGalant2k1
08-12-06, 06:46 PM

It is fantastic, and it is definitely quite hard to watch without being shocked or getting emotional for what these guys went through.

Elvis
08-12-06, 10:02 PM
CBS ran a documentary made by a couple of French filmmakers who were doing a "day in the life" of a FDNY unit. Just by accident they were rolling when the first plane hit and I think they captured the only video of it.

They followed the batallion into the WTC before the buildings collapsed. They showed Father Mike in his turnout gear just minutes before his death.

And they captured the sound of several bodies hitting the ground. At first they didn't know what it was, then somebody told them.

I hope CBS re-runs that documentary for the next 100 years.

Adam
08-15-06, 06:13 PM
CBS ran a documentary made by a couple of French filmmakers who were doing a "day in the life" of a FDNY unit. Just by accident they were rolling when the first plane hit and I think they captured the only video of it.

They followed the batallion into the WTC before the buildings collapsed. They showed Father Mike in his turnout gear just minutes before his death.

And they captured the sound of several bodies hitting the ground. At first they didn't know what it was, then somebody told them.

I hope CBS re-runs that documentary for the next 100 years.

i remember that documentary. they played it 6 months after the attacks and Robert Deniro was the narrartor or something. id love to get a copy of it if its for sale anywhere. Father Mike was the first recorded death wasnt he? and yeah i agree with you Elvis, i hope it runs for the next 100 years also.

my grandmother wanted to see the movie today so i took her. she cried a few times and was very impressed with it. she too said it was the best movie she has seen.