: College/Dorm Stories!

STScadillac
08-10-06, 05:03 PM
Im going to be to going to college on the 18th and was just wondering what kind of experiences people had while going to college and living the dorms. It doesn't matter if they're good or bad stories just some stories of the college expierience.

JimHare
08-10-06, 05:20 PM
I lived in a rooming house we owned just across the street from the main campus of what was then West Chester State College, 95% of whose matriculators were either jocks or Elementary Ed majors - the women's field hockey team was nationally ranked, but the guys football stunk up the place... This was in, oh, about 1840 or so, if I remember...

The R/H was full of jocks, and a couple of business majors, and little ol me. One night about four of five of us got semi-tanked, and we dared one guy to go streak one of the girls' dorms... As our small group started across the campus, somehow we were joined by about half a dozen other goof-offs, and by the time we got to the dorm, there were probably twenty of us..

The streakers plan was to sneak onto one of the residence floors, disrobe and terrorize the ladies (if at all possible..) He brazenly walked into the lobby and up one of the elevators as we pressed our cold little faces against the glass doors (did I mention this was about 2 am on a rather chilly winter night?)

After a few minutes of relative calm, we noticed some lights start to come on in one of the upper floors, and we pulled back the troops to stand in the courtyard and watch. Several shouts and various yodels of a feminine variety rang out, and gradually the dorm came alive. We just stood there in the snow laughing our asses off, although I'm not sure why.

Suddenly one of the windows up around the 6th or 7th floor opened up, and we were gratified to see a pair of pants, two sneakers and a sweat shirt come flying out, wafting gradually down to become entangled in the the upper branches of a large oak tree. After a brief pause, the windows on the floor opened up and rolls of wet, water-soaked toilet paper started bombarding down on us from all sides. We dodged the paper missiles as best we could, considering the inebriated state, the ice on the sidewalks, and the lack of lighting that didin't become apparent until we started getting conked on the craniums by Scott, Charmin and other nameless brands.

Our nude friend came running out of one of the fire exits at the corner of the building, several Amazon-like Field Hockey players at his heels, whacking at his fetlocks like they were taking a free shot on goal. We took off after them, peeling the tissue from our faces.

Somehow the thing escalated, until there were about two hundred kids running around the campus, festooned with toilet paper, some semi-nude, some decently clothed, and all having quite a riotous time, if I recall.

STScadillac
08-10-06, 05:33 PM
Sounds pretty funny!

90Brougham350
08-10-06, 05:40 PM
Well, my biggest piece of advice is to get tanked and go to every sporting event you can find! Nothing's more fun than shouting obscenities and trying to keep your balance with 20 buddies on the bleachers at a hockey game! :alchi:The worst story I have is from freshmen year, when I was drinking so much I'd get up in the morning and have a beer. Not even good beer, mind you, LaCrosse Light! One Friday night I was at a party at a buddies, good music, good booze, not too big. Well, a friend and I started to compete to see who could drink the longest pull from a bottle of hard alcohol. Next thing I remember was shouting at him in German while he called me nasty things in Italian. Next thing I was lying on my back half-burried in a snow bank and the stars were spinning like the swing ride at the state-fair. Next thing after that was somehow ending up in my dorm room, falling out of bed 3 times and hitting my head on the floor. Ouch! When I woke up the next morning, there was blood in my dried puke. I stopped drinking after that for about 3 months, didn't touch one drop!

Of course, there are the house parties I've been to, where the place is so packed you can't move and a keg is gone in 5 minutes and the music is loud enough to move vases off of shelves and into pieces on the floor. I prefer the smaller parties, with like less than 20 people. Nowadays, my clique is really about my favorite group to party with, there's 10 of us and we do a lot of barbecuing and good music outdoors at Ruthie's place. Ribs, and brats, and a party ball every now and then. You'll do all the crazy partying a freshman does, trust me, I did. Alcohol 101 (when I finally got busted) was nothing more than playing an "alcohol" game on the health center computer.

If you get caught and you go to a state school, you'll be a little more screwed than if you're going to a private school, but you won't get caught unless you walk upto your RA with a beer in your hand and booze on your breath. Just remember, if you're not having fun at a party, go find somewhere else you are. It's 4 years of your life you'll never forget, have the most fun you possibly can. If you can get into a study abroad program, I'll have to insist you do so. Living in Italy for 3 months was 92 days of drinking, partying, and absolutely NO studying or work of any kind.

codewize
08-10-06, 05:41 PM
I just got back from SUNY Delhi to find my daughter an apartment because we didn't want her in a dorm. She didn't want to be in a dorm either.

Dorms mean noise, parties and interruptions. If you're going to learn rather than party you'll find it easier to do work outside of campus.

I personally have never been in a dorm but that's my opinion on the subject.

STScadillac
08-10-06, 05:53 PM
Dorms mean noise, parties and interruptions. If you're going to learn rather than party you'll find it easier to do work outside of campus.

The college im going to only has 200 people living on campus so im assuming its not gonna be a party lifestyle like the college im living by now which probably has more people living on campus than my college has students enrolled.

pimpin88
08-10-06, 06:42 PM
hey STScadillac, where are you going to school. im going to kettering university and we have about 220 people in the dorms and it is CRAZY. kids mattresses were getting dropped from the 4th floor down to the basement while they were gone over the weekend, and one night a bunch of kids came back to the dorms completely wasted and had 5 gallon buckets filled with water. they went around knocking on peoples doors at 2 am and when the resident opened the door, they got 5 gallons of water in the face. lmao that had to be the funniest thing ive ever seen. and lets see, yesterday they lit the school mascot on fire, i dont even remember half of the things that go on here. its hard to keep up.

c5 rv
08-10-06, 06:51 PM
1 - Be sure target is in room with door closed.
2 - Secure paper bag and can of shaving cream.
3 - Fill paper bag half full of shaving cream.
4 - Close top of paper bag and slide under target's door.
5 - Stomp on paper bag.

Experiment with other items like baby powder (probably not a good idea anymore).

We used to have visitation in our dorms when members of the opposite sex could visit during limited evening hours. (Non co-ed dorms.) Of course they had to sign in and out at the front desk. The first year they relaxed the rule about having to have your door open and lights on when a girl was in your room made the following more feasible and humorous. These days, it could be used for whatever revenge.

1 - Be sure target is in room with door closed. (Door must open into room.)
2 - Secure 6-10 pennies.
3 - Quietly push top of door in and slip a small stack of pennies between the door and door sill above the latch.
4 - Push bottom of door in and insert pennies in the gap below latch.
5 - Wait for target to try to open door.

Mess with their mind:

1 - Secure a plastic measuring cup or a squirt bottle.
2 - Know the sleeping schedule of the target.
3 - For three days in a row, silently and slowly pour / squirt 1/2 cup of warm water on the outside of the target's door, allowing it to seep under the door and into target's room. Do this before they wake up in the morning.
4 - Do nothing for 3-4 days.
5 - Repeat door pour on random days for a month. Never more than 2-3 times per week and never more than 2 days in a row.
6 - Stop for a month.
7 - Repeat at random times once or twice a month.

STScadillac
08-10-06, 07:12 PM
hey STScadillac, where are you going to school. im going to kettering university and we have about 220 people in the dorms and it is CRAZY. kids mattresses were getting dropped from the 4th floor down to the basement while they were gone over the weekend, and one night a bunch of kids came back to the dorms completely wasted and had 5 gallon buckets filled with water. they went around knocking on peoples doors at 2 am and when the resident opened the door, they got 5 gallons of water in the face. lmao that had to be the funniest thing ive ever seen. and lets see, yesterday they lit the school mascot on fire, i dont even remember half of the things that go on here. its hard to keep up.

Im going to Central Community College in Columbus NE. The dorms are only 2 stories and it build into a hill so its kinda weird but pretty cool. Im really excited to move in and just get started and have the fun goes along with college.

STScadillac
08-10-06, 07:13 PM
1 - Be sure target is in room with door closed.
2 - Secure paper bag and can of shaving cream.
3 - Fill paper bag half full of shaving cream.
4 - Close top of paper bag and slide under target's door.
5 - Stomp on paper bag.

Experiment with other items like baby powder (probably not a good idea anymore).

We used to have visitation in our dorms when members of the opposite sex could visit during limited evening hours. (Non co-ed dorms.) Of course they had to sign in and out at the front desk. The first year they relaxed the rule about having to have your door open and lights on when a girl was in your room made the following more feasible and humorous. These days, it could be used for whatever revenge.

2 - Secure 6-10 pennies.
3 - Quietly push top of door in and slip a small stack of pennies between the door and door sill above the latch.

Mess with their mind:

1 - Secure a plastic measuring cup or a squirt bottle.
2 - Know the sleeping schedule of the target.
3 - For three days in a row, silently and slowly pour / squirt 1/2 cup of warm water on the outside of the target's door, allowing it to seep under the door and into target's room. Do this before they wake up in the morning.
4 - Do nothing for 3-4 days.
5 - Repeat door pour on random days for a month. Never more than 2-3 times per week and never more than 2 days in a row.
6 - Stop for a month.
7 - Repeat at random times once or twice a month.

Sounds like some pretty good ideas!

TagApl4
08-10-06, 07:23 PM
Dont worry about it college is an awesome time enjoy it. Never again will u be with a group of people who have as lil cares and responsibility. 4 years of livin it up. - Morehouse class of 2006 the real world just hit me.

pimpin88
08-10-06, 07:26 PM
2 - Secure 6-10 pennies.

:yeah: :thumbsup:
hahahahaha, that one is the best. we had been doing that to all of the kids that piss us off, or really annoy us. but now everyone is fair game. so i gotta figure out a way to beat it. but i dont think there is any.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-10-06, 07:47 PM
God I hate going to a community college! No college/dorm stories here!

STScadillac
08-10-06, 07:55 PM
God I hate going to a community college! No college/dorm stories here!

Where you going college at? Im in NE and there are a bunch of community colleges with dorms. Im at one of them.

keeksv
08-10-06, 08:35 PM
Just make sure you take the top bunk, if there are bunkbeds, for a number of reasons.

Love the baby powder or shaving cream trick.

The 'leaning garbage can of water against door of target' gag is always a crowd pleaser.

ChicagoCTS32
08-10-06, 09:31 PM
You've only got 4 years... cherish them. (unless you're unlucky, and you get 4.5 or more years)

The all male dorm on my campus ( I didn't live there, thank yhwh) once turned an entire 100 foot hallway into a slip and slide with water and dish soap.

Every year, the first snowfall of the 2nd semester was the "bun run". Naked men running around the girls dorms... but for some reason, the girls would never do the "titty trot".

Pump and pour at the keg. It takes forever to get back up there, so just hang out and pour beer for people. Your cup will always be full and you get to talk to all kinds of interesting people. Not to mention, you get to decide who gets beer first (chicks) and who doesn't get beer (jerks).

Go to all the silly things that the university puts on. They pay a lot of money for them, and if you have a good attitude about it, you might actually have a good time. We had the cookie party every year where all the professors and faculty served cookies and punch around christmas time. It was goofy, but always fun.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-10-06, 09:37 PM
Where you going college at? Im in NE and there are a bunch of community colleges with dorms. Im at one of them.

Inver Hills Community College, it's about 20 minutes from my house so there's no point in me getting a dorm. God I wish I was going to a real college like all my friends.

STScadillac
08-10-06, 09:45 PM
God I wish I was going to a real college like all my friends.

Why didn't you?

c5 rv
08-10-06, 10:30 PM
:yeah: :thumbsup:
hahahahaha, that one is the best. we had been doing that to all of the kids that piss us off, or really annoy us. but now everyone is fair game. so i gotta figure out a way to beat it. but i dont think there is any.

You can slam your body against the top and bottom of the door from the inside. The pennies will dent the door enough (especially if it is wood) so they fall out and you can turn the handle.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-10-06, 10:57 PM
Why didn't you?

My high school GPA was never good enough.

Caddy Man
08-10-06, 11:10 PM

Get your GPA up at the community college and transfer.

STScadillac
08-10-06, 11:17 PM

There ya go Iluvcaddys

Destroyer
08-10-06, 11:19 PM
There was this one time...........oh wait, I didnt go to college........my bad:alchi:

Florian
08-10-06, 11:37 PM
My roommate and I made an accordian out of a redhead on my 22nd b-day. We still talk about it to this day...nothing like double penetration for a bday gift.

F

derrty_deville
08-11-06, 12:35 AM
Did you do bad on the ACT too? Thats the only thing that got me in. My GPA was like 2.5-2.7. I didnt work too hard in high school.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-11-06, 01:00 AM
My roommate and I made an accordian out of a redhead on my 22nd b-day. We still talk about it to this day...nothing like double penetration for a bday gift.

F

DUDE , YOUR SO MY HERO ......

still taking applications for an apprinatce pimp ?

DopeStar 156
08-11-06, 02:25 AM
We had this timid suitemate named Doug. He was a quiet kid, hippie type, afraid of girls. Me and my roommate got my friend Janice, this goth chick in one of my classes to come over while he was out, get completely naked and get in his bed. When he came back she was in his bed begging him to **** her moaning and everything. It was hilarious, he was beside himself. My roommate and myself were in the ajoining bathroom laughing our asses off.

Krashed989
08-11-06, 02:58 AM
We had this timid suitemate named Doug. He was a quiet kid, hippie type, afraid of girls. Me and my roommate got my friend Janice, this goth chick in one of my classes to come over while he was out, get completely naked and get in his bed. When he came back she was in his bed begging him to **** her moaning and everything. It was hilarious, he was beside himself. My roommate and myself were in the ajoining bathroom laughing our asses off.

Damn! I wouldn't even think! I would just be like "OKAY! :D"

Elvis
08-11-06, 10:15 AM
I lived in a frat house, but it was built by the university to be just like the dorms. My room saw a lot of "action" both before I moved in and after I left. Not much happened while I was there. :mad:

Anyway, among the participants were a future Miss America and a former "Playmate" of the month. Apparently the future Miss America developed quite a reputation before she left town.

I'll let you do the math and figure out which one it was. ;) I wouldn't want her to accidentally google this. :eek:

TagApl4
08-11-06, 12:35 PM
Tried using multi quote but dont think i did it right.

fLorian: ROFLMAO

Dopestar: Did your roomate do it or just watch her masterbate then mastebate later

Elvis: I'm right there with u brother. Lived in a 3 bedroom house with 1 roomate named the extra room "The Danger Room" We claimed the current Miz Blk Atalantaszw (spelled it wrog incase she does google it)

Time to spread some rep points cus this is deffinately worth it; keep it up guys! And STS come back with a story to match these and ill give u some points!

DopeStar 156
08-11-06, 01:10 PM
Dopestar: Did your roomate do it or just watch her masterbate then mastebate later

He was beside himself, he was like, "Waaah?!?!" He was waiting for marriage so he didn't wanna give it up, plus Janice was only supposed to be naked and horny, not actually do anything to him. I'd be willing to bet he cranked one out to her later though....

STScadillac
08-11-06, 01:21 PM
Any stories that happen within the first couple weeks i'll post up here.

TagApl4
08-11-06, 01:52 PM
Sorry to jack the thread for a moment but how do u multi quote? I'd try to figure it out on my own, but someone would eventually get pissed at me, and now adays my reputation is at stake for that kind of stuff.

slk230mb
08-11-06, 02:57 PM
Tried using multi quote but dont think i did it right.

fLorian: ROFLMAO

Elvis: I'm right there with u brother. Lived in a 3 bedroom house with 1 roomate named the extra room "The Danger Room" We claimed the current Miz Blk Atalantaszw (spelled it wrog incase she does google it)

Time to spread some rep points cus this is deffinately worth it; keep it up guys! And STS come back with a story to match these and ill give u some points!

Sorry to jack the thread for a moment but how do u multi quote? I'd try to figure it out on my own, but someone would eventually get pissed at me, and now adays my reputation is at stake for that kind of stuff.

Like this? Just click the middle button in the lower right hand corner of each post you wish to quote. Then press post reply. You'll see in the reply box if it worked right away.

keeksv
08-11-06, 03:15 PM

F
This was known as a "rotisserie" at my institution of higher learning:thumbsup:

TagApl4
08-11-06, 04:00 PM

F

Like this? Just click the middle button in the lower right hand corner of each post you wish to quote. Then press post reply. You'll see in the reply box if it worked right away.

Okay, thanks I'm too used to using the quick reply

Florian
08-11-06, 04:00 PM

Keek....OH MY GOD!!! That is funny shit....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worship: As any good american would do, we put a fair amount of basting on our rotisserie chicken.....it was priceless. Ive got tons of crazy stories, I played on the hockey team at school, so there are about a bazillion initiation stories....I lived with a gay art student (assigned living first year)....and heres a story about him.

I met my first roommate the first day of school...I had no idea what to expect, and when I walked into the room to see posters of Laurie Anderson/Love and Rockets/feminine artwork/potpourri, etc, I knew something was amiss. The first few days were no issue, but the nights were something else...this guy had a proclivity for HEAVY masterbation. So Id stumble in after hittin the bong in a buddies room, and it would be dark, but I knew something was going on....hed turn over real quick and make like he was sleeping. Well, one night apparantly he shot his batch and fell asleep before he could tuck his junk away...and he still had his hand on it....so....out came the Polaroid and snap-a-roo, a few pix later, he was on every wall in the dorm on a "have you seen this man" type of poster. :thepan: He was so embarassed, he moved out the next week and I had the room to myself for the rest of the year....

F

TagApl4
08-11-06, 04:03 PM
:yeah: where were u when i was in college we would have had a good ass time!

Elvis
08-11-06, 04:22 PM
....so....out came the Polaroid and snap-a-roo, a few pix later, he was on every wall in the dorm on a "have you seen this man" type of poster. :thepan:

I briefly had a roommate like that too. Thank God he wasn't gay.

STScadillac
08-11-06, 04:40 PM

OH SHIT THATS FUNNY!

keeksv
08-11-06, 05:05 PM
this guy had a proclivity for HEAVY masterbation. So Id stumble in after hittin the bong in a buddies room, and it would be dark, but I knew something was going on....hed turn over real quick and make like he was sleeping. Well, one night apparantly he shot his batch and fell asleep before he could tuck his junk away...

F

Like I said, it's always best to sleep in the top bunk....:eek:

Stoneage_Caddy
08-12-06, 02:35 AM
I lived in a dorm in the military for awhile.....

The room next door was occupied by a gay tap dancer , who was apprently in the admin squadron. Well everynight he would be tap dancing away to some techno garbage. A few times me and my buddy would go over there drunk and rough him up a little. One night we relaized the little bastard might be enjoying that so we did what any alpha male with money and a bad sense of humor would do. We built the biggest home theater system we could build and fit into my room. All speakers were pointed at the wall ,includeing all three 400 watt stand alone subwoofers.

Now , we could have broken out the motor city mad man (ted nugent) for some high decibel wango tango but , drastic times call for drasitc measures. And for someone like tap dance boy who had no taste in music we had to go with something that would irritate him like tap dancing to techno did to us....

In went Billy Ray Cyrus's Achey Breaky heart.....

We maxed the volume , set it to repeat the song ...and left .....for 6 hours....You could hear the system 1 block away pumping out those foul lyrics ....

He tap danced no more .....after the second dose of our patented negitive reinforcemnt .....(well the us military used similar tactics in grenada )

STScadillac
08-12-06, 01:04 PM
I lived in a dorm in the military for awhile.....

The room next door was occupied by a gay tap dancer , who was apprently in the admin squadron. Well everynight he would be tap dancing away to some techno garbage. A few times me and my buddy would go over there drunk and rough him up a little. One night we relaized the little bastard might be enjoying that so we did what any alpha male with money and a bad sense of humor would do. We built the biggest home theater system we could build and fit into my room. All speakers were pointed at the wall ,includeing all three 400 watt stand alone subwoofers.

Now , we could have broken out the motor city mad man (ted nugent) for some high decibel wango tango but , drastic times call for drasitc measures. And for someone like tap dance boy who had no taste in music we had to go with something that would irritate him like tap dancing to techno did to us....

In went Billy Ray Cyrus's Achey Breaky heart.....

We maxed the volume , set it to repeat the song ...and left .....for 6 hours....You could hear the system 1 block away pumping out those foul lyrics ....

He tap danced no more .....after the second dose of our patented negitive reinforcemnt .....(well the us military used similar tactics in grenada )

Thats pretty funny man. Me and my old roomate did something similiar to this to our neighbors cuz they would always have some crappy music playin really loud and I lived in an apartment so we could hear everything.

nboylie
08-13-06, 11:24 PM
rotisserie, lol.

we call it building a bridge, or the wobbly H

Florian
08-14-06, 12:25 AM
When I first got to college, it was my first time away from home and while there were a few people from my high school going to the same college, it was a big enough place that I had to make some new friends. Being a stoner (at the time) I naturally gravitated to the partyers or at least who I thought were partiers based on what I overherd. It took a few weeks, but I found a solid core of pot-heads like myself who enjoyed nothing more than eachothers company and a freshly packed bong. One evening after a few monster bonghits (we had a 4 foot clear plastic bong named Barbarrosa) from the aforementioned 4 footer, it was time for a game of streethockey. I had a tennis ball and a bunch of sticks in my room, so out to the courtyard a pack of us went....well, high speed tennis balls and pot tainted reflexes do not mix. I played goalie for about 2 seconds, it lasted that long due to a football player we called Cementhead (linebacker, 6'6" apx 275 lbs...you can figure that out) placing a rocket of a slapshot squarely into my nutsack....this fool had never touched a hockey stick yet he was able to bend me over with one shot. I went down like a bag of hammers in one heap of pain....
Needless to say, mixing sports and the ganja never happened again....

More to follow....

F

TagApl4
08-14-06, 01:23 PM
You guys are making me wish i didnt finish up this summer and did the extra semester. Now as school starts in 2 weeks i have nothing to look forward to but the Fin job search. Anyone with open analyst positions or need a person with a bachelors in finance PM me.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-06, 05:36 PM

I like to call that one "the lumberjack"
http://www.ncagr.com/images/paffairs/lumberjacks.JPG

it's like that, but instead of a saw, there's a redhead in your case.

96Fleetwood
08-14-06, 07:02 PM
My 4 years at the University of Virginia will never be forgotten...

In high school I finished in the top 10 of my class and had a great group of friends I knew from elementary school onward. The "crew" all ended up going to UVA and we all lived together our four years... it was a blast beyond imagination. We were not always the "cool" people, and none of us joined a frat, but we knew people who knew people and that carried us through college.

My first year was full of nonstop partying, girls (big word of advice: USE PROTECTION, alot of my friends regret not taking that advice from me) , partying, girls, and more girls.... hence why I had a whopping 1.9 gpa that year. That was the only year I lived in the dorms... prepare to be kicked out of your room and to do the same to your roomate.

I spent my other three years indulging in the aforementioned but also struggling to pull my gpa up so I could go to Medical School. Our last three years, the "crew" and I rented a house near the frat central of the school. Our house became known for its crazy parties, jacuzzi, and the infamous Ice Louge parties we held. I even spent the weekend in jail for racing on the highway during my second year of college... what a bummer that was.

I am now in Medical School... whew... and I do not regret my slacker moments in College. It allowed me to explore everything I always wondered about from drugs to women to multiple women at the same time, the UVA car club (I was president for 2 years), understanding the law and authority.. but most of all I learned how to be responsible. It took that blow my first year to make me get on my feet, but I did learn how to work hard and party harder. I found out as long as you are efficient with time, you can get good grades and also have a blast. I walked away with an overall 3.4 gpa but had Dean's list my entire fourth year of college.

My advice, learn time management asap and you will get the best of both worlds.

Best of luck,
Elias :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-06, 07:08 PM

That's exactly what I'm gonna do. I paid for my tuition today and am starting on the 23rd. One 8 AM algebra class, and one online study skills course. So I can take some classes around my full time job. Then I'll transfer to the university of MN in the twin cities to finish up my four year degree in history. I should be able to start there in '09, just as my friends from UMD come down to go to UMTC to finish off their degrees.

STScadillac
08-14-06, 07:13 PM
That's exactly what I'm gonna do. I paid for my tuition today and am starting on the 23rd. One 8 AM algebra class, and one online study skills course. So I can take some classes around my full time job. Then I'll transfer to the university of MN in the twin cities to finish up my four year degree in history. I should be able to start there in '09, just as my friends from UMD come down to go to UMTC to finish off their degrees.

Only 2 classes? Im taking 5 and will have a full time job.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-06, 07:24 PM
Only 2 classes? Im taking 5 and will have a full time job.

By taking two, it makes my stress/work load a lot smaller. I have a 1.98 GPA in college right now, if I want to get into U of M, I need atleast a 3.0. So I figure if I take my time, it'll leave me with more time to study and further raise my GPA. Plus, I hate that campus and the idea of a commuter college. I absolutly hate how you drive in to a commuter college for your class, then have this awkward downtime inbetween classes where you sit and talk with people you don't know, or just dink around in the library on here or whatever. It's different if I were at a real college because I could go back to my dorm inbetween classes and get some work done, and hang out with friends whom I've known for a long time.

Friendships you get at commuter colleges are different too. You meet cool people in your classes, but you really can't hang out with them a lot because they're living quite far away in a different city or on the other end of the metropolitan area. So all you can really do is just talk to them in school or online.. Maybe it's just me though, I'm quite shy around people I don't know..

gary88
08-14-06, 07:31 PM
I can't wait for college :D As long as I keep my grades up this year, i'll have a good shot at going to DePaul in Chicago, or U of I in Champaign. I took all relativley easy classes, so it shouldn't be a problem.

STScadillac
08-14-06, 07:52 PM
By taking two, it makes my stress/work load a lot smaller. I have a 1.98 GPA in college right now, if I want to get into U of M, I need atleast a 3.0. So I figure if I take my time, it'll leave me with more time to study and further raise my GPA. Plus, I hate that campus and the idea of a commuter college. I absolutly hate how you drive in to a commuter college for your class, then have this awkward downtime inbetween classes where you sit and talk with people you don't know, or just dink around in the library on here or whatever. It's different if I were at a real college because I could go back to my dorm inbetween classes and get some work done, and hang out with friends whom I've known for a long time.

Friendships you get at commuter colleges are different too. You meet cool people in your classes, but you really can't hang out with them a lot because they're living quite far away in a different city or on the other end of the metropolitan area. So all you can really do is just talk to them in school or online.. Maybe it's just me though, I'm quite shy around people I don't know..

Im glad the community college im going to has dorms so I can actually hang out with the people I meet. Im used to working full-time and going to school cuz since junior year in high school ive been working and playing sports so im used to a big work load.

90Brougham350
08-14-06, 08:41 PM
yeah but yuore; one of the niecst guys I've met around here Chad, dont thinkl that you;'re too shyu or quite aropund other poerople, I meanm, it's cool al and alnll going toi he aehiogrgha full=stikme schoool but ah jeezZEe:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-15-06, 08:41 PM
yeah but yuore; one of the niecst guys I've met around here Chad, dont thinkl that you;'re too shyu or quite aropund other poerople, I meanm, it's cool al and alnll going toi he aehiogrgha full=stikme schoool but ah jeezZEe:thumbsup:

Um ok, thanks... haha thanks dude!

HippieD9
10-16-06, 04:21 PM
I can't wait for college :D As long as I keep my grades up this year, i'll have a good shot at going to DePaul in Chicago, or U of I in Champaign. I took all relativley easy classes, so it shouldn't be a problem.

May I suggest SIU in Carbondale? This town is WILD.