: mmmmmmmm......SHIATSU.........

Elvis
08-08-06, 10:14 PM
http://lnt.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1229326reg.jpg

Picked up one of these things at "Linens & Things" the other day.

They have far more "Things" than they have "Linens" in that store.

Linens 'n Things - HoMedics Shiatsu Massage Cushion (http://www.lnt.com/sm-homedics-shiatsu-massage-cushion-black--pi-1439564.html)

There was an episode of "Frasier" where Niles tried out one of those expensive vibrating shiatsu chairs. He said he was going to rent it an apartment and visit it on weekends.

It's that good.

Frost
08-09-06, 10:53 AM
While they're great for mobility, imo nothing beats the real thing ( massage), when done by a pro.

Does that device have an adapter for auto - something to plug into the cigarette lighter? If so, then I would thnk it might be dangerous to operate while driving - just imagine how relaxed you'll feel as you sail off into that tree @ 60mph!

Elvis
08-09-06, 11:50 AM
Definitely not car safe! I have an inverter that would power it, but I wouldn't use it unless I was a passenger.

Frost
08-09-06, 01:55 PM
Good man - it certainly would put a smile on your passenger's face to have access to that during a long trip. It would probably put them to sleep which in turn, could be a bad thing for you if you were counting on their converstation to keep you awake!!!!

I find now (at the tender age of 53), that I need the services of another voice and ears to help keep me focused on the matter at hand (driving) whenever the trip exceeds 2 hours in length.

Funny though, when I was younger, I could knock off 6, 8, even more hours behind the wheel, all by my lonesome and still be relatively fresh as the proverbial daisy when I stopped for the day. I remember that once I did a non-stop drive from home to southern Florida - 24 hours - and still had enough presence of mind when I got to my destination, to pay for my hotel room AND go out and get some supplies for that room.

You know, supplies. Of the amber-coloured and carbonated variety. I believe they came in packs of 24. I think.

Mind you, I crashed for something like 12 - 14 hours straight afterwards, but I DID make the trip non-stop except for pee breaks. It was in the winter and I watched the snow slowly fade and melt off as I went through state after state, always staying on that 4 lane ribbon of asphalt, almost willing the warming sun to pull me down to Florida.

And that was in my old 1981 Buick Estate Wagon with the left front door off a Pontiac Safari and the right rear door off an Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser. In fact, I had the chrome emblem scripts from all those cars on that Buick.

Called it a Buick Safari Estate Vista Cruiser Wagon, if you will.

Aaaaaahhhhh, the memories.

Elvis
08-09-06, 02:02 PM
I know what you mean. I did Memphis to Chicago and back in a 36-hour period once. 21 years ago this week as a matter of fact. In a 1985 Delta 88. GM used to make some outstanding highway cruisers. Just aim them and relax.