: here is what i know so far about my grandma being in the IC unit

pimpin88
08-08-06, 08:03 PM
I have very few details right now, but as far as I know, she had been complaining to her doctor about problems with being short of breath and a few other things. The doctor kept telling her to just wait a few weeks and see what happened.

Apparently she was taking two medications that were interfering with each other, and her blood was extremely thin and she had an ulcer in her stomach. In the intensive care unit last night they gave her 6 pints of blood, and certain things still arent at the level they are supposed to be, which means she had hardly any blood in her. They are going to do some more tests and they may have to operate on her.

I have been praying like crazy, and I hope more than anything that she makes it out in great shape.

Thanks to all who have messaged me and posted. It is helping me out more than you can imagine.

~Andrew

Elvis
08-08-06, 09:44 PM
That's scary stuff. I hope everything comes out alright for her. Stay positive!

Stoneage_Caddy
08-08-06, 09:57 PM
Hang tough dude ....at least they figure out whats going on , theyll get it fixed ....

pimpin88
08-08-06, 10:04 PM
i also just found out that last night, before they were able to start giving her blood, there was a point where she actually stopped breathing and her heart stopped. that really worries me. hopefully she is ok. i think im going to drive down there this weekend.

Elvis
08-08-06, 10:06 PM
What exactly does "IT" stand for? I thought it was called the "IC" unit?

pimpin88
08-08-06, 10:07 PM
yea, i screwed up, and then i couldnt fix it. so if one of you mods would like to fix it for me. id be really happy. thanks

Elvis
08-08-06, 10:10 PM
You should be able to fix it. Don't you have an "edit" button at the bottom of that post?

pimpin88
08-08-06, 10:13 PM
yea, but it wont let me change the title.

Elvis
08-08-06, 10:17 PM
ok, I fixed it.

pimpin88
08-08-06, 10:19 PM
thanks elvis. i take back what i said about your cooking :)

Elvis
08-08-06, 10:21 PM
I wish she really was in the IT unit. I could use some programming help. Good luck to you and Grandma.

pimpin88
08-08-06, 10:32 PM
lol, thank you much elvis. we also found out that she is a diabetic and had a blood sugar of 200. now im not sure what the normal is, but i know that 200 is really high

DILLIGAF
08-08-06, 10:33 PM
I hope everything works out,I'm down to my last grandparent.Getting old sucks.

Florian
08-08-06, 10:37 PM
lol, thank you much elvis. we also found out that she is a diabetic and had a blood sugar of 200. now im not sure what the normal is, but i know that 200 is really high

Pimp,

Holy Jiminy!!!! 200 is off the chart! Hope granny is ok. Youll be in my thoughts and prayers....

Id be smackin the retard Pharmacist that gave her those meds...

(BTW, why am I in your thread title?)

Best,

F

DopeStar 156
08-09-06, 02:19 AM
Dunno if this one actually has my name in it, since I asked, but whatever....

Sounds like someone ****ed up her meds. I wouldn't worry, once they figure out what to put her on, her blood will thicken and the ulcer will clot. It's just a recovery process.....

davesdeville
08-09-06, 05:48 AM
Well, I am in the opposite position. My 92 year old grandmother just got out of the hospital. Good luck to you and yours.

crazylegs
08-09-06, 06:35 PM
I hope everything is okay. Any update on the situation? My prayers go out to you, your family and friends.

pimpin88
08-09-06, 08:20 PM
not too much of an update yet. so far she has gotten 10 pints of blood, and the ulcer hasnt healed yet. she just got out of surgery a little while ago, so hopefully i'll find out soon how she is doing.

pimpin88
08-09-06, 11:14 PM
here is something a guy sent me on myspace. i hope he is somewhere on these forums because he is a really great guy, and i thank him so much for this.

this is what he sent me

I am sorry to hear about your grandma Andrew and I do hope and pray that she be in good hands while in the hospital.
I know how important a grandmother can be. I thank God I still have my grandmother here with me and she's 86 years young. I visit her almost every weekend (she lives only 15 miles away) and I love and cherish every single visit.
I don't know if you're as close to your grandma as I am to mine, but if you are, you should already know you have nothing to worry about.
Every time I talk to my grandma over the phone, which is almost every single day, we talk about my goals in life and what I would like to accomplish. And every time, she tells me how much she wishes she'll be around to see me. But I know that even if she were to pass anytime soon, I know that she will always be with me in everything I do and no one can take that away! Just like my grandpa has never left my side all of my life and to this day, I know that she won't either.

I will pray that God rest his healing hand on her and bring her back to health and to bring you and your family comfort in knowing that everything will be okay as long as you let God take care of anything and everything. Cause no matter what, His way is the best way. However I have a stong feeling she'll be fine.
Don't lose the faith Andrew and let God take care of your grandma. She'll love you for it.

Let me know how she's doing okay.
Take care and God Bless Buddy!
-Mando

Mando, thank you so much.

crazylegs
08-10-06, 11:54 AM
That is awesome. I always see on the news how bad my space is but never see anything like this on how good it can be. Please keep us updated. Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks,
Chad

pimpin88
08-10-06, 05:54 PM
update. they havent done much of anything else since i lasted posted. i talked to her for about 20 seconds because she was very tired and could hardly talk on the phone, and the rest of my family is going to visit her this weekend, but i am stuck here at school because the gas tank is falling off of my car. :-( so hopefully i get that fixed very soon and can go and visit her.

gary88
08-10-06, 06:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that, I know what it's like. My grandma has had Alzheimer's for about a year and a half. It's gotten really bad, she weighs about 90lbs now and lost almost all her memory. She still lives at home with my Grandpa, but she has to stay upstairs in a hospital bed and have a nurse check up on her. When me and my dad visit her, she doesn't even know who we are. It's sad to see her have to go through all this, you never know what life will throw at you.

pimpin88
08-12-06, 01:59 AM
good new guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my grandma is back at her house. i am so excited and happy. you have noo idea. she still has to go to the hospital every day to get stuff checked, and i havent talked to her yet because she is very tired, but she has made another step in the right direction. thank you guys for all of the kind words. even though this ended well, if it hadnt you guys would have been such a huge help. i love you all.

thank you,

~Andrew~

Elvis
08-12-06, 09:04 AM
Great news, pimp. Glad she's ok.

DILLIGAF
08-13-06, 12:51 AM
good new guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my grandma is back at her house. i am so excited and happy. you have noo idea. she still has to go to the hospital every day to get stuff checked, and i havent talked to her yet because she is very tired, but she has made another step in the right direction. thank you guys for all of the kind words. even though this ended well, if it hadnt you guys would have been such a huge help. i love you all.

thank you,

~Andrew~
Awesome,grandmas aren't forever.More time for the both of you with each other:highfive:

pimpin88
08-13-06, 02:56 PM
im going to be visiting her every weekend, at least while im at school, because i am only about an hour away from her. i need to spend as much time with her as i can while she is around

Rick186
08-13-06, 03:15 PM
Hey, P-88 -

Glad to hear the good news 'bout G'maw. They're precious, no?
Gentle hugs to the lady from all of us and keep up the attitude.
You know the old saying: When an old person passes away, it's like a library burns down.
So treasure her every moment she's here.:)

STScadillac
08-13-06, 08:34 PM

thank you,

~Andrew~

Thats awesome news man!

crazylegs
08-14-06, 10:32 AM
Congrats....I will keep praying for her.