: new o2 sensor still p030 when idle

BIll_Bixpy
08-08-06, 12:38 PM
I own a 95 deville concours with 159000 miles or so. i have owned this car for almost two years. I recently replaced my tranny, alternator, plugs/wires, 1coil, egr valve, pcv valve, and gave my girl a good TB cleaning, now after all this she was idling smooth ( but alil rough for a caddybut she would throw her SES light after a 5 min idle. It was a p0030 code current and p0052 history. Ok, P0030 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (H02S) Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 right got that.
P0052 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 1
got it. changed both O2 sensors on the manifolds, disc. battery. reconnect battery car runs smoother. still getting p030 when idling after 5min or so. HELP. please. someone. anyone. I'm getting around 13 or 14mpg. It's killing me! I was getting around 18-19mpg before my egr valve went out and all this started. is there a difference because the code says "heater control circuit" and not "heater circuit high voltage" my local dealership told me that replacing the O2 sensor would solve the problem. but it hasn't

Ranger
08-08-06, 08:05 PM
Did you use A/C Delco O2 sensors? Did you use the correct ones? I believe two are heated and two are not. Not sure which are which, but I would guess that the CAT sensors are heated as the manifold sensors should heat up very quickly on their own.

clarkz71
08-09-06, 03:57 PM
95 only has the two manifold sensors, and they are heated.

As far as your codes, P030 is "Idle speed control (ISC) RPM out of range".

P052 is, (from the factory service manual) "Codes P052/P109 indicate that the long term
memory in the PCM have been reset" which makes sense as you disconnected the battery.

I have the 95 Factory Manuals and neither of those codes relate to the o2 sensors.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe your looking at a OBD II code chart which is for 96 & up cars.
You have a 95 which is OBD I, 95 & down.

eldorado1
08-09-06, 04:16 PM
"Whoops!" ;)

(somebody was looking at OBDII codes)

clarkz71
08-09-06, 04:19 PM
I hate it when that happens.:bigroll:

clarkz71
08-11-06, 10:51 AM
I wonder if this guy figured out he didn't have bad o2 sensors?

eldorado1
08-11-06, 01:16 PM
Probably not

BIll_Bixpy
08-12-06, 06:52 PM
oh ok sorry, that explains that. Ok on too this ISC motor out of range. does this equal new ISC motor I can still control the ISC through the pcm override. I notice the idle difference when i press warmer, cooler etc. I attempted to install one from Advance auto using the steps given in a sticky post on this forum. the car ran erratically.(even after attempted reprog)I reinstalled old ISC motor car was back normal. Any help?

Ranger
08-12-06, 10:39 PM
Does the ISC motor ratchet when you shut down? Did you adjust it properly after the install? Discribe "ran erratically".

BIll_Bixpy
08-15-06, 09:09 AM
The new ISC motor I purchased and returned did not make any noises after shut off. when it ran it idled up and down as if someone were pushing the gas. The original one does make a clicking noise after I shut the car off. when the car idles too high a hard tap of the pedal brings the rpm back to normal. I will attempt to purchase a new ISC motor today.

clarkz71
08-15-06, 04:40 PM
When is the last time the throttle body was cleaned?

BIll_Bixpy
08-17-06, 10:03 AM
OK NOW THAT U MENTIONED IT THIS ALL REALLY HAPPENED IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE THROTTLE BODY CLEANING. A MECHANIC TOLD ME I GUNKED UP THE THROTTLE BLADE BUT I CLEANED IT THOROUGHLY. i INSTALLED A TPS SENSOR YESTERDAY SHE DRIVES BETTER BUT. STILL SEEMS TO NEED THE ISC MOTOR REPLACED. (MOTOR RATCHETS AFTER SHUT DOWN) .

i AM NOW LOOKING AT THE GPS SORENSON ISC MOTOR I PURCHASED FROM ADVANCED AUTO FOR $57.99. I AM GOING TO FOLLOW THE POST "ISC ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE HOW TO" HOPEFULLY THIS WILL SOLVE MY PROBLEM

clarkz71
08-17-06, 04:00 PM
I would double check that throttle body, make sure there's nothing binding and that it's completely clean.

BIll_Bixpy
08-18-06, 02:34 PM
ok installed new isc motor following steps completely.( only thing unsure about was where u have to set minimum idle before connecting isc my car would stay running but after 5 min. or more souned like it would stall but never did . Was that long enough?) No more p030 idles smoother but at start up engine races and then falls to normal. She still coasts by herself after 10mph and rpm doesn't fall until 5mph when attempting to stop. is there a minimum air speed that needs to be set? ( oh yea during tps relearn procedure I couldn't turn on the compressor in the last step because I have a leak and my compressor won't engage because of the low refrigerant level)

Ranger
08-18-06, 04:44 PM
Push on the ISC plunger til it retracts. When it bottoms out, pull the plug. Now adjust it to a .030 gap, then plug it back in.

BIll_Bixpy
08-18-06, 09:36 PM
when im trying to push the plunger in it doesn't move I'm applying pressure to the screw inside the isc plunger. it wont budge.

BIll_Bixpy
08-18-06, 09:38 PM
by the way im doin this w/car running.

BIll_Bixpy
08-18-06, 09:41 PM
the car is running really good. no SES light. no ratcheting from new isc motor no pcm codes. a/c is working. she's just driving off by herself. and she's hard to slow down.