: What do you think about Zoints?!

Lord Cadillac
08-08-06, 04:18 AM
Well? What's your opinion? We'd like to know...

Krashed989
08-08-06, 06:47 AM
LOL Yeah, I joined it, but I didn't really do anything with it. I really like the idea! I guess I just haven't had time to have fun with it... LOL... And NICE trick with the username thing, at first I really thought you wrote this thread just for me! LOL :bouncy:

davesdeville
08-08-06, 06:51 AM
I'm assuming everyones username changes in the title from their view. This is a pretty cool forum feature I've never seen anywhere before. Interesting. Anyway...

At first I thought, great another myspace knockoff. But I like the way it interacts with forums like this one. I haven't been spending much time online since I'm pretty busy now, so I haven't really explored it much. I got a bit confused on making an image into my profile pic, so either making the help section more visible or making it more obvious how to do things would be nice.

Frost
08-08-06, 06:55 AM
Haven't had the opportunity (read: time) to really look at it.

pimpin88
08-08-06, 07:28 AM
i havent had the time to go and set it up yet with college and everything. if im not too busy with school work, i'll probably try to set one up this weekend

Boombotz
08-08-06, 07:34 AM
So far, I think zoints is pretty cool. I have been playing with the program a lot. There seems like a lot of special things you can do once you learn it well enough. I am probably the only one without a myspace account so to me this stuff was foreign. Love the way you set this thread up it should work to get everyone to respond.

codewize
08-08-06, 07:38 AM
Oh sure, put me in the spotlight. Well honestly I haven't taken a very long look at it. I'm one of those people who hate to frivolously create accounts all over the Internet. I like to do things only with a purpose.

I see a lot of good things being said so I'll take a closer look.

jadz
08-08-06, 07:39 AM
I have not signed up for it and don't really intend to. Since this is the case I think that the pink advert is annoying and the feature seems ot be 'over-sold' on the site.

codewize
08-08-06, 07:54 AM
Ok, I'm signed up now. I don't really know what the purpose is. I guess it's nice to have a private community for the board where we can socialize. Photos are helpful. I don't know how much I'll use it but I do see some value in the feature.

Boombotz; I on;y just got a MySpace account last week so I could look at someone elses. I will never use it.

keeksv
08-08-06, 08:12 AM
not quite sure i need another thing to burn time on, but it looks interesting.

pmpott
08-08-06, 08:23 AM
I might try it out, but that means I have to take pics of my car or else my profile will be a little lame. This means I have to do work and I am waaaaaay to lazy for any of that right now

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-08-06, 08:52 AM
Why's the spotlight on me? I made one, but I haven't actually done anything with it... I gotta change that soon.

turbojimmy
08-08-06, 09:14 AM
Why's the spotlight on me? I made one, but I haven't actually done anything with it... I gotta change that soon.

The name in the subject line changes depending on who you are, which personally I find a little creepy.

Jim

Lord Cadillac
08-08-06, 09:16 AM
Things will get more interesting, for us, when you can easily create a "CarDomain" type page... I do believe there will be a template available soon...

UGOTIT
08-08-06, 09:24 AM
I need to look into also,what is it?

dp102288
08-08-06, 09:31 AM
Damn that thread title is scary. I am not into any "online social netowrk" thingie. Too much other sh*t to do in life than make 9374 friends over the internet for me.

Elvis
08-08-06, 09:34 AM
The name in the subject line changes depending on who you are, which personally I find a little creepy.

Jim

Yeah, it spooked me too! :eek:

That Sal guy is just showing off again.

TagApl4
08-08-06, 09:39 AM
I feel as if i have to post after reading the title.
If i was a vendor i would do that and say something like (your name here) I have a new mod for you!!!

But Zoints has potential i am at work and cant make my page pretend to do work and be all over this forum all at the same time.

SpeedyArizona
08-08-06, 10:00 AM
I'm confused...VERY confused....

EDIT: Ok, that title was a bit frightening! Special thread for me....never is going to happen:D!

Patrick7997
08-08-06, 10:36 AM
lol Speedy..... I had the same thought.... if anyone ever gave a cr*p what I thought, it would be a first......

A little creepy at first, though, to be sure..... heh heh, especially since our esteemed administrator is annoyed with me right now, after my last suggestion.... I found it hard to believe he all the sudden wanted my opinion, at this juncture... heh heh... gave me a good laugh.

As far as Zoints, I'm soooo not getting the hang of it, I can't even reply to the people who have written messages to me, so on a daily basis, I'm probably adding to the list of people who are mad at me, due to my absurd inability to reply to their rather nice messages.... so, blanket apology to those who wrote to me, I'm sorry. I can't figure out how to reply.

cadillacdrvr8692
08-08-06, 11:02 AM
Not too bad, but how did my un get on this post???lol

Stoneage_Caddy
08-08-06, 11:08 AM
hell i thought i was getting some speical treatment here ....how in the hell did sal do that ? must be some kinda government deal , NSA ,CIA, FBI, ATF , DOT, FAA ,CDC,IRS...who knows .....but im gonna be lookin over my shoudler today ...

That zonkies thing aint bad ....

LittleB
08-08-06, 11:18 AM
HAHAHAHHAA!! Pretty funny Sal!!!!!

I like Zoints. It has a lot of great features that AOL doesn't have. Just needs more members for there to be more action. It also doesn't have the problems myspace does :lildevil:

CaddyCrisis
08-08-06, 11:36 AM
What exactly is the zoints thing. Is it like myspace?

Lord Cadillac
08-08-06, 11:41 AM
That zonkies thing aint bad ....

Zonkies! My first good laugh of the day.. Thank you. :p

Lord Cadillac
08-08-06, 11:45 AM
What exactly is the zoints thing. Is it like myspace?
It's similar to MySpace but more inline with "forums" like ours here...

RedGalant2k1
08-08-06, 11:56 AM
Pretty swank.

urbanski
08-08-06, 11:58 AM
lol i dig that neat trick you did :)

Lord Cadillac
08-08-06, 12:02 PM
lol i dig that neat trick you did :)
I BET YOU DID! :p

codewize
08-08-06, 12:19 PM
Ahh so I was tricked into creating an account. Hmmm. This just isn't funny anymore.

Zoints This!

DILLIGAF
08-08-06, 12:31 PM
Randy's in trouble again,bummer.Zoints,Zoints,Zoints,I love it,the absolute greatest thing since the inception of the internet.Whoever made this program is quite possibly the greatest human being on earth.Maybe i'll use it.

Benzilla
08-08-06, 12:34 PM
Great website, but nobody I know is on there, only you people lol.

And how did you do the title? I really want to know!

DopeStar 156
08-08-06, 12:39 PM
At first I thought everyone was really interested in what I think. Now I find out it's a mirror thread that shows whoever is looking at it in the title.......

I was gonna tell you but I can't get the words out between the choking and tears Sal......

I'm going to MySpace again! :crying:

HotRodSaint
08-08-06, 12:51 PM
I didn't even know I had Zoints!! :eek:

Is there a cure for it?? :suspense:

LittleB
08-08-06, 01:02 PM
:jawdrop: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?!?!?!

HotRodSaint
08-08-06, 01:39 PM
:jawdrop: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?!?!?!

Myspace :yup: :banghead:

I still come here every so often to read the latest posts in the Fleetwood section.

But today I noticed that I had Zoints and I read Sals headline lure and decided to post.

So do I really have Zoints already? Or is this merely a ploy to get me to sign-up? :confused:

LittleB
08-08-06, 01:45 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA...it's merely a ploy you get you to sign up :)

Lord Cadillac
08-08-06, 01:55 PM
A ploy... An evil... Ploy...

cadillacdrvr8692
08-08-06, 01:59 PM
well after all the typing clicking and uploading i have come to the conclusion....zoints is cool after all, yet it leaves a minty overcooked cabbage aroma arising from within my computer muahahaha

codewize
08-08-06, 02:26 PM
Well Sal you did a good job at tricking people to sign up. Maybe I should you as my marketing team.

Lord Cadillac
08-08-06, 02:52 PM
Well Sal you did a good job at tricking people to sign up. Maybe I should you as my marketing team.
Indeed... You should... :p

airbalancer
08-08-06, 02:54 PM
I though I was special :eek: , I guess not

Can I travel with Zoints?

Destroyer
08-08-06, 03:38 PM
Joined but have not had the time to mess with it. Looks cool though!:alchi:

Eric Kahn
08-08-06, 04:30 PM
I have a web page I use to put my pictures and stuff on the web, no desire to create another right now

EDBSO
08-08-06, 04:32 PM
What do I think of Joints???

Ok Destroyer, now that you ask...

Hey what you do in the privacy of your home/castle is your own business. As long as it is just recreational.

I will acknowledge that in a number of instances a Joint or Joints will relieve pain and has been proven to improve vision and reduce kimo nausea.

So I am passively for Joints especially if they improve your typing.

FrankT
08-08-06, 05:21 PM
Sal,

What do I think about Zoints?!!!

It looks interesting, Iím sure my friends on this form would like to see pic of my STS, GTO or maybe a pic of my 3-year old helping me polish my STS with a STONE. :holycrap: Well almost I gave him a football tackle to the ground just before he did any damage. The only damage that was done was almost a heart attack for me.

Thanks,

Frank T

JoeT1224
08-08-06, 05:41 PM
I woke up at 6:00 this morning, I drank my orange juice, came online and looked at this forum, I saw this thread and it scared the hell out of me. Then I woke up a little more and I realized this wasn't specifically for me lol. :thepan:

Joe

Elvis
08-08-06, 05:42 PM
What do I think of Joints???

Ok Destroyer, now that you ask...

Hey what you do in the privacy of your home/castle is your own business. As long as it is just recreational.

I will acknowledge that in a number of instances a Joint or Joints will relieve pain and has been proven to improve vision and reduce kimo nausea.

So I am passively for Joints especially if they improve your typing.

I suffer from occasional pain in my zoints. Ibuprofen helps.

pimpin88
08-16-06, 08:22 AM
how do you add friends, im totally confused

Elvis
08-16-06, 11:18 AM
Sal, not all of the zoints links work from here. Only the one that says "My Zoints Profile".

Lord Cadillac
08-16-06, 12:17 PM
Thanks, Elvis.. Working on a fix...

Jesda
08-16-06, 03:42 PM
First there was Wal-Mart, then there was K-Mart.

Its gay.

Lord Cadillac
08-16-06, 03:53 PM
Ah. Okay.

Alright, all fixed.. Moving onto figuring out why our video software isn't working now. :o

Jesda
08-16-06, 03:58 PM
Here's how it benefits CF, by generating traffic and revenue:
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8822/memberflow9tw.png

For the end user, its just a fancy directory.

RobertCTS
08-16-06, 04:16 PM
Sal, I got involved about a month ago. I was frustrated. I didn't know how to connect with members and it didn't seem like a viable blog. I'll try again and see what happens. You know I love to chat.
Bob

Lord Cadillac
08-16-06, 05:14 PM
Yeah, give it another shot.. I think with time, it's going to become pretty popular. I like it, I just haven't had time to sit down and really configure it. I want to give my page a CarDomain type look the first chance I get...

Lord Cadillac
08-16-06, 05:17 PM
Here's how it benefits CF, by generating traffic and revenue:

For the end user, its just a fancy directory.

I'm always looking for ways to make this place unique.. The first thing failed - it was that Auctions area - which is still here. :p Then it was the images section - which is common but works pretty nicely - then the Classifieds - which is also pretty common.. Then Zoints - which is something new and not fully developed yet - and now there's the video section.. Forums can get boring after awhile so I want to keep bringing in new things to keep it fresh...

illumina
08-17-06, 12:01 AM
I'm not wasting my time with Zoints.

Lord Cadillac
08-17-06, 09:13 AM
I'm not wasting my time with Zoints.
Are you on MySpace?

illumina
08-17-06, 11:48 PM
Are you on MySpace?

Yes, but I log in maybe once a week, if that...

Stoneage_Caddy
08-17-06, 11:59 PM
hell lumina , im lucky to log in that much .....now if i could just get msn to work again ...

Elvis
09-21-06, 10:05 AM
Zoints is kinda dead. :(

Lord Cadillac
09-21-06, 10:28 AM
Why doesn't anybody use it? I do...

RobertCTS
09-21-06, 10:39 AM
Why doesn't anybody use it? I do...

Sal it's not easy to use for one thing and hardly any activity. With the opportunities at the lounge and with PMs you basically get the same thing.

How many members are on role now? I think I only got about 3 alerts to zoints mail.