: How to" Integrate extra sub woofers to 05 STS?

hilldo
08-07-06, 04:35 PM
Hey fellas and ladies...

I have a 99 Escalade that I added two 10" Inifinity Basslink self powered subs to my bose stock system.

I found useful info on the Escalade Forum a couple years ago when installing the subs. Even the guys installing the subs for me at Best Buy were stumped trying to tap the base signal even though I had already told them they would have to tap the bass line under the center console with an RCA line converter and they were about to throw in the towel and have me come back another day until I told them how the bass was already crossed out to any of the component speakers so they had to tap that line under the console.

Anyway, I just bought an 05 STS and want to move one of the infinity basslink subs to the trunk of my STS and leave one in the Escalade.

I did a search in the STS forums for sub woofers and came up with nothing so forgive me if this has already been discussed but IS THE ADDITION OF SUBS IN THE STS subject to the same installation specifications as the Escalade as far as options for getting a signal to sub woofers or is there an easier installation process that can occur?

I really do not want to go pulling up my center console on this cherry rig but my bass levels are not up to my standards in the stock system...

However... I do not want to alter the stock interior or risk hearing new sqeaks and creaks from pulling up the center console.

Any thoughts?:hmm:

Thanks in advance!

hilldo
08-14-06, 01:02 PM
I noticed the sub in the trunk that is located behind the rear seats... perhaps it would be easier to replace the sub with a better speaker? Anyone? The self powered subs I have will reduce trunk space which is obviously limited already... anyone add bass to their STS?

Benjamin Simon
08-14-06, 06:25 PM
You would have to get an open air sub or it wont sound good at all. In my 99 STS, the guy took the lows from the AMP behind the rear seat.

hilldo
08-15-06, 02:12 PM
You would have to get an open air sub or it wont sound good at all. In my 99 STS, the guy took the lows from the AMP behind the rear seat.

Thanks!

RCA line converter or straight to the speaker wire hook ups?

Does the amp behind the seat have power source, too?

Looks like I'll need to have the sub professionally installed.

I do not want to alter the interior in any way.

I ended up with some creaks and squeaks in my 99 lade interior after doing half of the install myself.:thehand:

Benjamin Simon
08-16-06, 11:07 PM
I used a RCA line converter.
Yes, the amp does have its own power source.
I would have a pro do it. It cost my like $70 and it took them 5 hours to figure it out. Not to mention the 10 hours+ I tired put it trying to do it your self.
Some things are just not worth the trouble... It is one that is not!

hilldo
08-18-06, 11:10 AM
Seventy bucks aint half bad! I'm going to pull one basslink out of the Escalade and have the same guys do the STS this weekend. Thanks, Benjamin!

soldout
08-20-06, 07:59 PM
o5 sts should have amp in the drivers side trunk you will need to connect the sub wires to the loc , will have to remove rear dash shelf to remove sub and access wires if it is the same as the 06 . try to get L.O.C that comes with remote wire turn on built in it will make it easier to turn on aftermarket amp.

hilldo
08-22-06, 12:56 PM
That actually sounds fairly simple and the basslinks have remote wire turn on and a remote gain, too.

The only thing I am unclear about is what does "LOC" stand for?

Thanks for your help!

soldout
08-26-06, 09:47 PM
L.O.C = line output converter,converts speaker lines from factor amp to rca wires for afterwire amps you will need one with a built in remote wire turn on to turn your basslink on and off with the stereo

soldout
08-26-06, 09:50 PM
right now im currently installing 3 kicker subs and changing all the door speakers, and installing 2 amps.......and alot of rewiring i will post pics of work in progress soon

hilldo
08-28-06, 12:08 PM
Thanks! Sounds like I could do it myself but I've got a cash deal guy down the road who will do it for fairly cheap. They had a little trouble with the 99 Escalade last time so I'll print this and bring it up there.