: ratSepoD

DopeStar 156
08-07-06, 02:59 AM
Random boredom thread.... What's up guys?....

Just started a new job today as a sales associate at Hot Topic.... What did you guys do?

Lord Cadillac
08-07-06, 03:07 AM
Me? I took a day off but now I'm fixing issues with the forum. Fun, eh? Hey, if you're in HotTopic - see what you can do about getting STFU Online (http://www.stfuonline.com) t-shirts in the store. :p

Elvis
08-07-06, 10:23 AM
I built a rolling cart to hold my smoker and the propane tank. Just a couple of 2'x4's bound together by some 1'x4's and the casters from an old office chair. Primed it, painted it, everything fit perfectly. I may start a thread on this and post some pics.

Then I marinated & smoked a pork loin. Took about 3 hours, but it was absolutely PERFECT!

Next week I'm smoking some ducks.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-07-06, 10:50 AM
So you're working at Hot Topic eh? How fitting :D What happened with your job as an office assistant to Mish? For me, I have to go to the DMV and get new licence plates today, that's pretty exciting. I hope it's something with the letters C, X, S and the numbers 6,9 or 4. LOL

slk230mb
08-07-06, 10:56 AM
I'm the IT intern at a non for profit foster care agency for the third straight summer plus two winters. Friday is my last day again, then a week off, then back to school so I can start to run the traning session for my job up there, which is again fixing computers.

DopeStar 156
08-07-06, 01:32 PM
The company I used to work for was so in debt that they laid off my entire department. They said they might rehire us in September. Hot Topic is so cool though. I get 40% off everything in the store except CD's and Vids which are 20% off which my immediate family and my spouse (Miss DS) can use. I also get concert ticket reimbursement if I go to a show. The pay sucks but they really take care of you.....

CaddyCrisis
08-07-06, 01:38 PM
The company I used to work for was so in debt that they laid off my entire department.

That sucks man. I put my 2 weeks in at my old job cuz im going to school here pretty soon and 3 days later they said that since im leaving anyway and they've hired a lot of people then they are just gonna let me go. Those bastards!!

dp102288
08-07-06, 04:03 PM
I just set-up my new PC over the weekend. From my old one, this is like a STS-V compared to a Pinto.

CaddyCrisis
08-07-06, 04:14 PM
I just set-up my new PC over the weekend. From my old one, this is like a STS-V compared to a Pinto.

What kind of computer did you get?

DILLIGAF
08-07-06, 06:12 PM
Hot Topic has Foamy shirts now.Gotta love those.Congrats on the new job.

CaddyCrisis
08-07-06, 09:52 PM
Hot Topic has Foamy shirts now.Gotta love those.Congrats on the new job.

Foamy is some funny shit! Ive seen a couple of Chuck Norris shirts at the hot topic in Nebraska.

dbdartman
08-07-06, 10:44 PM
I cut grass (weeds actually) today. Only took me 4 hours to do the 6 acres!

http://dbdartman.moparts.com/pic/jdmower.jpg

Florian
08-07-06, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=dbdartman;771141]I cut grass (weeds actually) today. Only took me 4 hours to do the 6 acres!QUOTE]

speaking of grass...its vacation time....gotta clean the ol bong out and pack a freshie!

F

SpeedyArizona
08-07-06, 11:57 PM
Today's schedule:

12-6: Sleeping
6-7: Getting ready for work
7-8: Drove to Starbucks, bought a Latte, drove in the traffic congestion to work
8-4:30: Worked
4:30-5:30: Drove home
5:30-7: Grilled pork chops, ate, had a smoke
7-8: Watched a little television
8-now: listening to Alabama, posting this message

My whole day:D!

eldorado99
08-08-06, 12:17 AM
My sister came over and we caught up on things. She moved out a few months ago and we aren't yet used to seeing each other only every few weeks. We went around town and got lunch, then bought a scratching post for her new kitten. The kitten's name is Fuji, but I added Attackii as its Japanese last name. Fuji Attackii was happy with his new scratching post :). She left a couple of hours ago and now I'm just vedging out on the computer. It's a stat holiday where I live so I'm enjoying my day off.

DopeStar 156
08-08-06, 03:15 AM
Today was my 4 month anniversary with my babygirl. Woooo!! Nothing else happened today.....

davesdeville
08-08-06, 07:27 AM
All I did yesterday (since it's now Tuesday) was sleep until 3pm, get up and sit on my ass in front of the AC. I worked on the Eldo enough in the past week, now I'm taking a break and doing nothing (plus I need help lifing the body, not a 1 man job.) It's refreshing.

dp102288
08-08-06, 10:28 AM
Today was my 4 month anniversary with my babygirl. Woooo!! Nothing else happened today.....

Anniversary and nothing happened?!

Patrick7997
08-08-06, 11:49 AM
Congrats, Dopestar. Enjoy. I see you got your picture back.....

Hot Topic.... I don't even know what that is....lol

My clothing is bought at 3 places:

Cadillaccollection.com
Harley Davidson Dealerships

And 3 is wherever I can get Carhartt Jeans.... the best.

Whaddaya need besides Harley clothes and Cadillac clothes????.... thinking... sorry, I got nuthin....

DopeStar 156
08-08-06, 01:32 PM
Well nothing really happened because we had a busy day, plus 4 months isn't a celebrating anniversary, we celebrate these:

- 1 month
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 1 year
- Each additional year

This is Hot Topic.....

http://musicalpeace.org/Rattlebox/gallery/albums/Mall/hot_topic_052603.jpg

In short, it's a store in almost every mall in existence where I buy most of my clothes and accessories. Cool place....

So I did get my aviatar back..... Bitch and ye shall recieve huh? Haha. Thank you Sal. I guess it was a software glitch.....

OffThaHorseCEO
08-08-06, 01:32 PM
i stayed here till 8 30 last night, but then again i was out for 3 hours tryin to get my stuff for school right, financial aid stuff, you know, i think im not meant to do it, or maybe im meant to do it and it will be a great thing and great things dont come easy, cause trust me this hasnt been easy or smooth at all.

firstly, have been workin for 3 years since i got out of highschool had no choice, anyways long story short, all these documents you need, ill have difficulty gettin one, then i get it and another one gets lost. for no reason out of nowhere. then we need all kinds of tax info which makes no sense, i need my moms tax info, ive been out of the house hold since 17 i make all my own money, she supports me in no way shape or form and yet i need her tax info, bollocks.

anyways, ill still be grateful if i can get school paid for, if not ill have to cut back on classes.

Benzilla
08-08-06, 01:46 PM
Monday I started a mega-diet, it sucks, but it'll be worth it!

I also bought a new, loaded, Dell laptop. My old desktop has a breakdown almost daily, so I'm very happy.

Thats all for now, its been a dull week.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-08-06, 02:23 PM
hmm, everyones gettin new computers, i got a new to me toshiba satellite 1.6ghz with built in wireless, its pretty good but even better now that i got photoshop cs2 on it. and yet better now that i bought a wireless usb hi def optical mouse for it.... time to get back into the game

JimHare
08-08-06, 08:53 PM
Random boredom thread.... What's up guys?....

Just started a new job today as a sales associate at Hot Topic.... What did you guys do?

In my off-hours, I've been remodeling the daylight basement here at La Casa Jimbo. It's an 11 by 33 room, being divvyed up in to thirds - My library/den, a TV or relaxation room, and a laundry/workshop.

The ceiling is 2x4 foot embossed metal panels. Cuban mahogany flooring. Just finished putting up a 9-foot wide built-in bookcase, hand stained and rubbed down:

http://www.jmhare.com/images/library/bookcase1.jpg

Here's a shot with the flash. We haven't decorated the walls yet...just finishing up the trim work now...

http://www.jmhare.com/images/library/bookcase2.jpg

A full shot of almost the whole bookcase:

http://www.jmhare.com/images/library/bookcase3.jpg

Some of my extensive climbing collection:

http://www.jmhare.com/images/library/books2.jpg

And a piece of my Afghan history shelf:

http://www.jmhare.com/images/library/books1.jpg

One of my prizes, a first edition of Field Marshal Lord Roberts, VC, "41 Years in India" - published 1898.

http://www.jmhare.com/images/library/lordroberts.jpg

Title page:

http://www.jmhare.com/images/library/41Years.jpg

A map of the Punjab (NW India) from 1839:

http://www.jmhare.com/images/library/pubjab1.jpg

And of course, my hero, Temujin aka Jenghiz Khan

http://www.jmhare.com/images/library/jenghiz_khan.jpg

eldorado99
08-08-06, 09:26 PM
Well today I went to work then came home and fired up the ol' Sega Genesis for some Sonic 2 and Vectorman. My sis took the NES with her when she left yesterday so I'll be taking a vacation from Mario for a while. Tomorrow marks the beginning of full time work for me again. It was nice to have a 6 day weekend :p!

codewize
08-08-06, 11:17 PM
How come everyone is buying computers and I'm not selling any of them? Are you guys getting the hook up or something?

davesdeville
08-09-06, 05:43 AM
Argh I hate Hot Topic. No, more precisely, I hate all the emos who shop at the one at the local mall. Then again I haven't even been to the mall since I was in high school, so I should probably let it go.

gary88
08-10-06, 01:45 AM
I just got back from Ohio today, went to Cedar Point with a bunch of people. We went on Top Thrill 4 times. Nothing beats feeling 10,000hp slamming you into your seat, and going 0-120mph in 4 seconds :thumbsup: Not to mention a 420 foot climb, and a 420 foot drop.

OffThaHorseCEO
08-10-06, 11:36 AM
finished registration at school this morning.
$586 out of pocket (no financial aid) gets me :

Math
Expository Writing
World Civilizations I
Intro to Computers (like i need that :rolleyes: but i gotta have it)
ACA 111 which is basically an orientation type of class

next sememester i plan to take some more math and english and history and then some accounting classes

back on the topic of hot topic (<--you like that huh?)

when i was in highschool i noticed alot of the goth kids kinda contradicted themselves and their ideas, beliefs etc. most of the kids who were being classified as "goth" then were the ones whoare all like, my lifes been so rough (cause im rich and have everything i want and my parents love me), i hate my mom (cause she gave me the greatest give of life, and loves me no matter what) dad (cause he puts a roof over my head, clothes on my body, food on the table, and loves me no matter what) self girlfriend life everyone world. and they always wore black and red and chrome or silver. they would hate on anything popular, if a song was good theyd like it until it got radio play then theyd hate on it cause it was stuck in everyones head, they tried so hard to be "different" to be undeground, to be atypical. and when it came to music and movies, it became annoying at times to see them flip flop so quick.

anyways the contradiction came in most of these kids tryin so hard to be different and being so against capitalism etc yet theyd shop at hot topic, so how different are you when a million other people got that shirt, and preps and thugs etc buy from hot topic too, so its not like its limited to only a million goths having your stuff, everyones got it. anyways just thought id rant about the contradictions i witnessed while watching rich country kids try to rebel and act like lifes been so tough on them.

i hate the way this post sounds cause i use "they" and "them" and it sounds so stereotyping. i want to clarify that this is based on my experiences with kids at my school and it was a large majority but not 100 percent of the "goths" at my school who would fall under my description. i realize there are millions of people and even people in different "categories" wether the category be race religion sexual preference or social grouping will act differently.

gary88
08-10-06, 12:56 PM
I start school exactly a week from today. It's finally senior year :dance: It's gonna be such an easy year for me, and I couldn't be happier with my classes. The only bad thing is that they're adding another wing to the school, so they got rid of one of the parking lots and made the main street the school's on one way. And they extended the day by four minutes because of how crowded the halls are going to be with construction.

Plus I have two 350 page books to read this week :eek:

STScadillac
08-10-06, 04:13 PM
Plus I have two 350 page books to read this week

Holy cow man! That sucks especially in the first couple weeks of school!

pimpin88
08-10-06, 10:07 PM
Well today I went to work then came home and fired up the ol' Sega Genesis for some Sonic 2 and Vectorman. My sis took the NES with her when she left yesterday so I'll be taking a vacation from Mario for a while. Tomorrow marks the beginning of full time work for me again. It was nice to have a 6 day weekend :p!

dude sega genesis is the shiznit. i have all of the sonic games. one of my personal favorite is sonic 3d blast :bouncy:

pimpin88
08-10-06, 10:09 PM
I start school exactly a week from today. It's finally senior year :dance: It's gonna be such an easy year for me, and I couldn't be happier with my classes. The only bad thing is that they're adding another wing to the school, so they got rid of one of the parking lots and made the main street the school's on one way. And they extended the day by four minutes because of how crowded the halls are going to be with construction.

Plus I have two 350 page books to read this week :eek:

hey you bum, how come you get a 2002 sls :worship: . wanna let me borrow it. . . .indefinitely :cool2: . i wanted a 2000 or newer sls/sts for my next car. and i ended up with a 1992 buick roadmaster limited edition with its fair share of problems. oh well, there's always next time

STScadillac
08-10-06, 10:11 PM
Right now me and my roomate have all the game systems except the the regular nintendo and sega saturn

DopeStar 156
08-11-06, 02:21 AM
Right now me and my roomate have all the game systems except the the regular nintendo and sega saturn

HA! I had BOTH! I current;y have the Nintendo and I had a Sega Saturn. I traded it for my original PlayStation way back in the day. I had Saturn for like a week.

Adam
08-11-06, 09:17 PM
Congrats Dope on the new job. yeah that store looks exactly the same as the one here. my day went something like this:

0230-1045- slept
1045-1100- ate
1100-1145- paid bills and went to the bank
1145-1245- went to lunch with my mom, dad, and my brother
1245-1330- went home and watched tv
1330-1400- shaved head/face and got ready for work
1400-2323- working and playing on the computer on company time :eek: :bouncy:
2323-0230- relax and watch tv, read, play PSP and Gameboy Advance (Super Mario Bros.)

thats how my day was. and all save for the paying bills is the daily routine. well except for the weekend. but tues-sat thats about it. now sunday and monday its just whatever.

DopeStar 156
08-11-06, 10:38 PM
Congrats Dope on the new job. yeah that store looks exactly the same as the one here.
It might be. I just googled it. They all have similar layouts.

Adam
08-12-06, 03:23 PM
It might be. I just googled it. They all have similar layouts.

looks exactly the same as the Mall at Johnson City. i dont think we have one in Kingsport... ive never seen it. havent been to the mall in a long time though.

eldorado99
08-12-06, 09:59 PM
dude sega genesis is the shiznit. i have all of the sonic games. one of my personal favorite is sonic 3d blast :bouncy:

Yeah I know, nothing like the old conosole games to beat the boredom, too bad its getting so expensive to buy old games now since everyone has started doing it. At least I was able to keep all my old consoles from my early childhood, I can't believe how much they're worth now!

Benzilla
08-12-06, 11:02 PM
looks exactly the same as the Mall at Johnson City. i dont think we have one in Kingsport... ive never seen it. havent been to the mall in a long time though.

The one in Knoxville looks the same way.

I love hot topic, I know millions of mall goths and wanna be goths shop there, but I still really like what they sell. a lot of it you can't get anywhere else exept the internet. I just wish there was one less then 60 mi. from me.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-12-06, 11:30 PM
The one in Knoxville looks the same way.

I love hot topic, I know millions of mall goths and wanna be goths shop there, but I still really like what they sell.

You think that's bad? The local Hot Topic is where I saw my first real life tranny! EWWWWW! But I still like to go there and get my band t-shirts, even though I DON'T fit in there at all!

DopeStar 156
08-13-06, 01:09 PM
You don't have to fit in, we just want your money....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-13-06, 07:20 PM
That's not the first time I've heard that.....