: 98 deville spark plugs

mtracy
08-06-06, 04:55 PM
I was told I have a misfire in 2 cylinders and need a new set of wires and plugs. I was looking at them today and was wondering the easiest way to get to the back four? Any info on changing wires and plugs in 98 deville would help out greatly. This is my first problem with the Caddy and don't want to pay a shop $500 which was the estimate.

Ranger
08-06-06, 06:56 PM
Plug are much easier to do that it looks. You can (but don't have to) unbolt the ICM from the rear cam cover and set it aside. Be advised that in addition to the bolts one each end, there are also two on the backside that require the braile method. Other than that all you need is a 6" extension & ratchet. Do the wires one at a time and keep them away from the blower motor if yours is firewall mounted.

And stick with A/C Delco plugs & wires.

Kcryan
08-06-06, 07:34 PM
some engines there real easy, others they are much harder, how many miles do you have?

Also get only real good ones if you do DIY it, and use a little anti-sieze on the threads to make it easier next time

chazglenn3
08-06-06, 11:46 PM
I thought that I read somewhere (an old guru post perhaps) that anti-sieze was a no-no on the Northstar...

Ranger
08-06-06, 11:51 PM
That is what he always said. If you insist on using it, use it very very sparingly.

mtracy
08-07-06, 11:13 PM
the car has 90,000 miles on it. thank you all for the help hopfully everything will go smoothly!

Thanks