: What to do in Miami?

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
08-05-06, 02:57 PM
I've booked myslef a holiday to Miami for later this month, I'll be there from the 24th until the 4th (I go up to Washington for 3 days afterwards).

I've never been to Miami or even Florida period, so does anyone have any recommendations for places to go, things to see, places to eat etc???

I'm staying just north of South Beach (27th street) and I've hired a convertible (from Hertz so should be a Mustang fingers crossed) and I plan on heading down to the Keys for at least a day if not 2. I wanna take an airboat ride and I think I'll take a powerboat ride around Miami bay (yes giving it some Miami Vice style) and maybe if I can stretch to it a helicopter/plane ride when the sun goes down as they're about 60 or 70 dollars.
Beyond that I have no idea where to go (and where not to go!).
I'm not really into clubbing so that sort of thing doesn't interest me...

Anyone got any recommendations/advice?

Florian
08-05-06, 03:06 PM
Joes Stone crab for supper....good eats. The clevelander for clubbing...nice.
Stroll along the beach for the young topless wonders....always a treat!

F

thebigjimsho
08-05-06, 06:35 PM
South Beach and Coconut Grove are great places to just cruise at night. I rented a Corvette convertible once and could've had my pick of ladies. Money talks.

As for Key West, make sure you hit Kevins. Every night he sings Irish songs, plays drinking games on stage and basically makes fun of everybody there. And make sure he knows you're from Britain. That should be fun. What's even more fun is if there are people from NYC, haha. 2 days would be good with 1 overnight.

thebigjimsho
08-05-06, 06:38 PM
Oh yeah, and you can check out a Dolphins game while you're there. If you wanted, you could use my season ticket. It's only a preseason game so you could have it for free.

I only fly down for regular season and playoff games.

codewize
08-05-06, 11:12 PM
Get mugged and kill bugs? Just the first things that come to mind when I think of Florida.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
08-06-06, 05:52 AM
Aside from the bugs that all sounds good!

I didn't see a Corvette on any of the hire lists so I went for the Mustang. Would've been nice to have a Vette, especially for the ladies... <grin>

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-06-06, 10:15 AM
Help Rick find his '93?

Brett
08-06-06, 01:37 PM
Spend all your time in South Beach and you'll have a great time....that Mustang wont get you far though, South Beach is well known for its plethora of high end cars and high end women :)

96Fleetwood
08-06-06, 02:11 PM
You will not be spending more than 1 day in Key West... not much there anymore.

Joe's Stone Crabs is a must.

South Beach.. has plenty of good restaurants (Next Cafe is a favorite), shops, and clubs. Clubs usually start kicking at 1am and go until 4-6am.
Good clubs are Mansion, Opium, Tantra, Bed, Nikki Beach.

Bal Harbor Shoppes, Bayside Mall, Coconut Grove, are all good places to check out.

Coconut Grove bars are big on Thursday-Saturday (Senor Frogs, Oxygen, and Mr. Moes).

Parrot Jungle is a good attaction as well as the Miami Zoo. If you want to head up to West Palm, Lion Country Safari is also another good place to visit.

On Friday nights, there is a huge car show at Tower Shoppes in Fort Lauderdale, I usually try to go every Friday.

If you want to see downtown, go to Bayside mall. Also, Bongos Cafe is great for salsa dancing on Friday and Saturday night.

Just my .02$

HITMONEY
08-06-06, 03:30 PM
Go to China Grill in SoBe... go up to the bar... ask for "Stretch".. tell him Dennis sent you and have the best Mojito in Miami. The food there is absolutely awesome, but bring the platinum card cause it is anything but cheap.

If you want to hit the *cough* Gentlemen's Clubs *Cough* send me a PM and I will give ya the hook up.

;)

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
08-07-06, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys, I've written all those down and looked them up in my little guidebook (sad I know!).

I'm *really* looking forward to this trip as I've not bene to the US for just over 5 years now. :(
So far I've seen LA and upstate NY so this will be my 3rd place.

Hitmoney: If I somehow work up the balls to go into a club like that I'll drop you a pm buddy! Hehe! Seeing as how I have a thing for american girls (how come they're so much hotter than ours?!?!) I'll probably make the effort!

HITMONEY
08-08-06, 03:42 AM
Hitmoney: If I somehow work up the balls to go into a club like that I'll drop you a pm buddy! Hehe! Seeing as how I have a thing for american girls (how come they're so much hotter than ours?!?!) I'll probably make the effort!

whelp, you won't see to many American girls in the clubs there. 99% South American or Cuban. :thumbsup:

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
08-11-06, 04:02 AM
Due to those terrorist bombers arrested yesterday ( BBC NEWS | UK | 'Airlines terror plot' disrupted (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm) ) looks ilke even getting there is going to take a lot longer!

BBC NEWS | UK | Packing advice for UK passengers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778615.stm)

Jesda
08-11-06, 04:19 AM
Kill someone and have David Caruso come after you.